fw makes me sad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Feb 24, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

No khan do isn't even an issue anymore, only triggers twice per turn now if I recall and costs 2 ap each time.

2. super71

Soul strike is good on any champ with range, which is why reapers blade is so effective.

Also, favorite faction ?

3. super71

With the nerf to lerper, and the nerf to bone mine their are much fewer few players using skeletons. Also I haven't seen anyone play spirits in quite a while.

What runes are you talking about that are far more powerful than doom, and are we going by your personal preference or do you actually have proof most good players aren't running doom.

You say you have never see anyone decent use doom, and then say two paragraphs later you say I don't doubt doom is ran, which is it exactly ?

Also who are these good "fw" players, I haven't seen a single fw player worth a grain of salt since tea, and banshee stopped playing and even they were sub par with other factions. I've seen baller play fw, tiny play fw, and devils play fw, but I can't think of a single fw player that stands out anymore.

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

AoD is better than doom. I don't use doom because I prefer having a bunch of champions on board, and using them to kill. It works well with attrition, but as I have said, Aod is still better (but it is strong in attrition decks).

Every good fw player is using chop block decks, or some other form of attrition good stuff. Ed is really strong, but FW really isn't that impressive unless abusing certain runes and combos (in substantiate, bile, etc).

I used to be good with skeletons, or at least could beat good players, but since the nerf, I've been playing surge spirits. Which so far suck worse than skeletons on certain maps. But arryo riftwalker is so Firking good. Or at least fun. Might take out one utter dark Levi just to run him 2x. Maybe a reanimate is enough on second thought.

Fw bonus works really well with them too, they can all trade effectively if you have enough spirits defending your natural font. So you win by attrition (still would like fw bonus to change to darkweave though.

Skeletons are trash.

Edit: also, aside from Ed and mobi, maybe ananthema, doom, the FW spells really Firking suck lol. I'd include dark rising top tier pre nerf tho. Fw spells are almost all over costed literally lol.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  5. super71

Thanks for proving my point that skellys and spirits aren't that good currently, I don't think Calisk plays that often anymore nor does he watch games as much anymore.

I don't know for some reason I never have a problem pulling out any theme in fw and getting a win, and it's mostly because I never run into anything that fw can't handle quickly. I love essence drain, steal life, mobo occasionally, doom, chain lightning, despoil, and soul reave when a lot of defensive builds are in ranked, weaken is also damn good for 30 nora makes most champs useless. I think fw has probably the widest array of usable spells other than maybe k'thir especially theme wise.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

currently tiny,and catasrophe in the top 11 are playing spirits and skelies tiny flips between the two regularly, they are more then adequate.

my opinions on dice have been stated numerous times before, but I suggest not taking his opinion or advice on fw seriously.

as for my play time I play less frequently in the past but still get in 20-30 games a week

SPiEkY and Tweek516 like this.
  7. super71

Observed 2 fw games in 15 minutes, as soon I entered the first one I saw a doomed enemy champ, the second game doom came in about mid way through the game and then again.

somnolence versus barney2000
    szpaku versus zhenchen

Somno was getting his butt handed to him until he doomed the opposing players skeezick blackguard. Then turned the game around even more by using essence drain on skeezick bolter for the kill, finished off the other blackguard with a reaper's blade =).

Conclusin
    @calisk , what in gods name are you talking about. Also only one person out of 6 running fw were using spirits and nobody was running skellys.

8. super71

So spirits and skellys are good because tiny plays them competitively ?

9. calisk

I only mentioned the top 11 which has two players performing very well with them.

Numerous other player play them but honestly I barely remember most players names 5 minutes after I play them.

Could list the games move for move though.

Honestly as I already said i don't care how the decks performs in the hands of terrible players it's how it's used in the hands of good ones that matters

10. super71

Yeah since good players opinions is who we should balance the game on, that's always worked out before. Balancing the game off of how good player's play is why their are less than 100 people online daily. Catering to the veterans of pox, is why we have less than 100 people online.

At some point you have to change something, or we can keep on going at this rate.

11. calisk

If you balance a deck based on terrible players then a good player just dominates with it creating terrible imbalances.

You don't judge the performance of a race car with a 90 year old blind grand mother driving it you get a professional.

The opinion of those playing the game in mid to low tier is only relevant in gaining information on what is annoying the low rank players, it's by far not relevant on actual balance.

Nerfing things based on what's annoying is a relevant tactic to keep the masses happy and I support it in many cases

Poxs population has died slowly due to 10 years of stagnation with little change and long down times between revamps like we are going through now.

The last soe change over had a year without updates and we lost 2/3rds of the population, this current one seems to be having a similar effect

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. super71

I'll take a new player opinion any day

1) They are gonna keep the lights on, most veterans have every rune they want/need and rarely buy anything anymore unless it's more limiteds.

2) They are mostly unbiased towards any specific faction

3) The good players typically only play other good players, so it doesn't really affect game play unless they are in the top%. Meaning their is a much wider base of new players to cater to than 10 or 12 people that play 30 games a week.

4) Ballballer ran train with voil for months, nothing was changed, even though myself and many others complained for a long period of time it didn't matter though because our win % wasn't high enough to amount to anything. I started complaining as soon as the patch was released about all the buffs for voils and nobody listened.

5) Most people don't take pox seriously competitively, many new players get lost in the amount of runes,abilities, combinations, and don't ever play one faction and instead multiple factions and a wide variety of runes. This makes their opinion even more valuable as they play different factions and have an idea on most currently strong runes.

Finally, if fw keeps going at this rate many people will quit upon the play station release. It's not fun playing against fw at all, most games I see fw and I just surrender because I know i'm gonna get doomed 3 times and some other cheese nonsense. Easy kill options should be eliminated, as i've said before these runes are only a problem because of how fonts and deployment zones factor into game play. If we wanna eliminate fonts, by all means keep these runes in the game, until then they should be reworked with the idea being how strong will this spell be in influencing a game overall.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Super has always been horrible at the game.

Not to say that noobs cant have valid complaints. Mostly that super is generally whiny and uses the same arguments each time:

"X is OP cause its in the meta. Also when I play X i get a super high winrate."

Meanwhile has never achieved any significant rank with 5 players and their grandma playing. Just saying, shiet gets old

SPiEkY and Tweek516 like this.
  14. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

As you say in point 4, rune changes come slowly.

So it's more logical to ask for strategy advice rather than push for design changes.

My advice is to deploy champs and build up against fw. Single target removal becomes less effective the more champs you control.

15. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

All games are balanced in regards to competitive play.

League of legends for example, things get needed because of how good they are in pro play when they have terrible win rates in lower ranks. That's how balancing should work. Of course lower rank people can contribute to the conversation and help identify what's op. However a game shouldn't be balanced to what they believe is balance, because without a full understanding and competency of the game (what it takes to be not bad) they will always be biased and miss important combos or interactions etc.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. DiCEM0nEY

Actually, substantiate decks with haunting spirits and goodstuff are probably top tier, but it is in no way a spirit deck. Skellies were never played top 10, even pre lerper nerf, ans when they were taken, they either performed terribly or were simply used for meta / surprise reasons. I Muted calisk, he is a whiny baby, and literally uses st good stuff then complains it isn't that strong, but skeletons are. And skeletons get heavily nerfed, but st gets a love tap.

17. super71

Same old same old round these parts

18. DiCEM0nEY

Lol is balanced for casual players mainly. It only fake balances at top level play to effect viewership. This is why Lee sin is in almost all LCS.

Ranked 5s and solo q isn't the same game period as well. It's a bad example overall.

Look at sc2 if u want to see a game balanced for strictly competitive play. Also look at how garbage that game is.

19. DiCEM0nEY

It's OK, I get ya, even if I don't agree with everything posted. You are infamous in the forum's which is a good thing. Everyone doubted Trump, and he is president

My rule of thumb, when the majority are trying to silence a true minority, usually it is because they fear the power of the minority.

It is me against the world, it wouldn't be fair for them otherwise.

20. super71

Do something with your life man, I'll never achieve any rank, I don't have 40 hours a week to dedicate to a game like you and some others do. Sure I could go through and not play fun bgs I enjoy that aren't competitive, but the whole reason people play games is for fun.

You following me around like a lap dog while cute and all, it gets old after a while.

Multiple times I've achieved long win streaks when playing the same op bg over and over again, but who has that kinda time when your an adult with a job and a life ? Other than like you and baller I don't know anyone in their 20's that can play pox even 20 hours a week.

You are clinically depressed man and very insecure, and it's evident in every post you make. I hope you seek help and one day you get past it, and if you ever need help I'd be more than willing to help you.

That last part goes to a lot of you people that like to be rude over the internet on these forums, it doesn't bother me but it eventually takes a toll on you guys being that miserable.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017