Lay Trap: Poison Cloud

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GabrielQ, Apr 27, 2014.

1. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Don't you think it should be AoE1?

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Nope.

3. GabrielQ

I heard you returned, how much did you played since then?

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

More than before.

I haven't really seen a balance problem with Lay Trap: Poison cloud, nor has it been a balance problem in the past, so I don't see why it would suddenly be OP.

Xinde likes this.
  5. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

Slam decks are pretty popular. The ease of poison clouds makes the deck a whole lot better.

6. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

I don't really see how this would change too much, so I support it.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. GabrielQ

well, in my opinion, poison traps are too good compared to the other traps, that makes competition between traps unfair, and I don't like that the traps are able to get the same effect as poisonous fumes, and lastly, I can't pull units into traps without getting my commandos poisoned.
    Also, given that slam into clouds is a big part of the meta of FS it would be nice to push that down a little to make place for other things.

I thought that more people would have an issue with these things.

Goyo likes this.
  8. only

only Active Member

I think that combos should be toned down instead of sending them to the oblivion by removing them completely. if that is possible to do by touching both sides, it will most likely end up being tweaked in a healthy way.

so on top of that, it would be nice to get second level of Slam introduced (KBing 1 and 2 spaces).

GabrielQ likes this.
  9. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Having ranks on Poison Trap and slam would make sense.

10. only

only Active Member

I disagree ranks on traps. they're invisible. so thinking/remembering will it be AOE1 or AOE2 won't be that pleasant.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I would rather find a way for clouds and traps to not stack. If there are two overlapping clouds it could deal only 6 damage instead of 12. Also if a trap is laid on top of another trap the previous trap disappears and is replaced with the new one. This provides counterplay since if I know where a trap is I can "remove" it with my own rather than just avoiding the space for the rest of the turn.

SPiEkY likes this.
  12. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Speaking of Lay: Trap, I do wish that, as soon as it is triggered, the champ who triggered it would stop its movement. If you are in the middle of going from A to B and encounter the trap, you take a good chunk of damage. Moving 1 space at a time to avoid this is quite time consuming (assuming you don't have a Detection unit out).

13. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

But then that takes away the novelty of trap stacking decks. :( I remember doing this in the olden days with 2 Moga Trappers and a G'hern Overlord.

14. only

only Active Member

it's not that easy. I'm pretty sure such a topic could have its own thread. the same could be said about stealthed Energy Thief. it's kinda part of skill. think like you move a Detection champion around. you move it one by one so once you find it, you have the biggest AP pool to work with.

to be honest, such an addition to the game could be treated as cheating to some extention. that stealthed Detection champion you need to work around with your stealthed champion. would it mean you're going to stop once you're destealthed? there would be even more interactions.

technically, it's possible. playwise, it would be a big mess. I do understand that many animations are eating the unreasonable amount of your turn timer, but time managing is a big part of skill. ofcourse, considering how untweaked such things are, I doubt it is even being taken into account...

15. Shuyash

Shuyash The King of Potatoes

I like the idea of ranks on poison traps. Another interesting change could be to make traps decay after a period. Maybe make them lose 1 rank every 4 turns or something like that, or just have a duration, 6 or 8 turns seem fair enough.

Xinde likes this.
  16. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Respectfully disagree mate, main portion of this game is time-management, if you know the enemy's dropped a trap champion then you should need to throw some extra effort towards your spacing and movement speeds.

17. GabrielQ

I agree on trap durations.

18. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

That's true. Good points. I retract that statement. =)

19. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The only thing from these combos that needs toning down is augur.

20. GabrielQ

I think a toned down augur would still be a good slam champion, or we are doing things wrong