Lerper - New K'thir Forest Theme

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Pixyrus, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

So basically these guys will be a full faction KF theme that is expanded on what we already have/know about the Lerpers. The theme will be mainly connected through a relic (Crescent Moon), but they still will be a worthy opponent without it.

Right now we have 5 "Lerper" runes. Queen Anaru, Forest Lerper, Skeletal Lerper, Snow Lerper, and Winged Lerper. Right now we know 2 main things about the Lerpers; not all of them grow wings and that their home is on the moon. With that in mind, below are the rune ideas for this possible new theme. Feel free to come up with your own. :)

2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Champions

Lerper Pup
    Race: Beast
    Class: Brute
    Nora: ~60
    Art: A small Lerper looking up at the sky with a smile and drool dribbling out of it's open mouth. It has short light brown fur with yellow spots. It's wings also haven't developed yet.
    Flavor Text: Lerper Pups have a tendency to cause any foe to become infatuated with them for a brief period. This gives the Pup time to rip their face off.
    Size: 1x1
    Rarity: Common
    Deck Limit: 3

DMG: 7
    SPD: 4
    RNG: 1-2
    DEF: 0
    HP: 25

Starting Abilities
    Attack: Physical
    Charm 3
    Guarded: Beast

Upgrade Path 1
    Leap 2

Hidden: Vegetation
    Camouflage

Upgrade Path 2
    Detection 1
    Detection 2
    Detection 3

Lerper Moondancer
    Race: Beast
    Class:
    Priest, Wizard
    Nora: ~75

Art: A female Lerper dances while flying in the air. Her paws glow a faint white light.
    Flavor Text: "The dance is so, hypnotic. I feel like I'm floating on air..." - Nefari Scout's last words
    Size: 1x1
    Rarity: Uncommon
    Deck Limit: 2

DMG: 9
    SPD: 6
    RNG: 3-5

DEF: 1
    HP: 49

Starting Abilities

Attack: Magical
    Imbue Stun
    Moon Beam: All champions occupying spaces 1 to 6 spaces in a targeted straight line away from this champion take 12 Magic damage (ignores DEF). If a Full Moon is in play, enemies hit become Confused for 4 turns.

Upgrade Path 1
    Damage
    Shield: Magical 2
    Damage Shield: Magical 3
    Amplify Magical

Upgrade Path 2
    Blast
    Charm 2
    Abash

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Spells

Lunar Calling
    Nora: 30
    Rarity: Rare

Target a friendly Full Moon relic. That relic is relocated adjacent to the furthest friendly Lerper and all enemies within 3 spaces of Full Moon take 8 magical damage. If an enemy was destealthed by this effect it takes double damage.

Eclipse

Nora: 35
    Rarity: Rare

All stealthed Lerpers become destealthed and become Startled. At the end of your turn all Lerpers have 0 damage 2 turns.

4. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Relics

Crescent Moon
    Nora: 35
    Rarity: Uncommon
    HP: 21
    After this relic has been in
    play for 4 turns, it is renamed to Full Moon and gains the ability Lerpers Call. While this relic is in play, all friendly Lerper champions become stealthed at the end of your turns. The closest friendly Lerper gains Murk.

*Lerpers Call - All friendly Lerper Pups cost 30 nora to deploy*

5. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Equipment

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Hmm, that stealth murk thing seems really freaking strong. Is that before or after it becomes the full moon?

Love the idea of eclipse

Theme looks pretty cool. But I'm still hoping you ospryan idea gets used first :p

Pixyrus likes this.
  7. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

That effect would be active the moment it's played. I wouldn't really call it "freaking strong", Detection and moving will still destealth them. Thanks for the input! :)

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Its OP as firk :p

Lets assume you have 3 lerpers out. Pretty early to drop the relic, but we'll consider it in its worst case scenario.

Each hidden ability costs 3 nora, and there are 7. Of course, some of these are very niche, so we'll round it down to 3.

So that's 9 nora per champ, 27 nora if you have 3 champs out.

Murk is 16n. Brings the total to 43 nora if you have 3 champs out. You could make the argument that murk is overcosted, but I think if your whole bg has hidden everything it is definitely worth more than 16n.

Relics etc that provide positive effects should be more efficient than the plain abilities on champs, and racial restrictions should also provide a discount, but this is already providing a discount without taking into account the extra effect and at a very low estimate for the number of champs it's hitting. Plus, it has synergy with the abilities you've created and startle and sht.

Definitely too strong.