Best source of detection in UD?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Fentum, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Looking for some help here...

For several years, I used a Deep Elf Scout as my go to detection champ, with utility in shatter and a bit of font contesting options via stealth. In theory he should be a very efficient guy. Problem is that he is very squishy and, for me, seems a bit ineffectual in practice. Even though he does offer hidden threat.

A year or so ago, I moved to Bok Warden for detection. Her set seems to produce more effective results for me in that she deals good damage, has a ranged alt attack and precision is occasionally useful. Flight is helpful on several maps. I seem to get much more value out of her.

I read several posts that tell of the usefulness of the Nerfari Informant. I couldn't really see it, but ran one for a while just to find out. PvE he is ok, but PvP I find him poor. Kind of a one hit wonder with call of the hunter and declare hunted, then he just mopes around or gets killed.

I'd love to read some feedback from the community around utilising these guys to their best potential, plus any other options.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Detection isn't something I find I must have, but I do run nefari informants in several decks because it fits my current play style of surprise attack with big hitters being relocated in (soulthirster/bleeder/max). The detect is just gravy for me.

So personally I prefer him, though I can see an argument for both scout and warden, for those who want a cheap font snatcher + toolkit, or a ranged harasser.

Fentum likes this.
  3. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Thanks @badgerale

What do you do with the informant once 'revealed' ?

Also, ref the 'called' champ, Do you just accept that the teleporting champ still needs to move one space, or do you tend to use 1-2 / 1-3 ranged e.g, Ireguards?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

A lot of my heavy hitters have either 1-2 or 1-3 range or have ways to generate AP (gluttony, impatient, exertion), if your using sheouls, they have blood rage. So it's not necessarily a big deal.

Fentum likes this.
  5. greed4blood

greed4blood The King of Potatoes

I usually just use superiority to detect steath. In most cases you can tell 100% if the enemy is within 6 spaces so i should always work. specially in 3 fonts maps where u are fighting for the middle font.
    Other options sometimes works is Boomerang. Again you can almost always predict wich champ to target so it'll get the stealthed champ.
    And if the stealthed champ is going for my font i just deploy and wait for him to enter my font and take the 2 fire dmg.

6. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

deep elf scout is a nice unit with a lot of utility. cheap, shadowspawned and pilfer to get rid of equips.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Nefari informant is about as good an option as you can hope for

8. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

Stitched Librarian. I love Nora Hex.