left wing vs. right wing fist-fight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by newsbuff, Mar 24, 2017.

1. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

no i read a review of a book that was written interpreting the study, plus a wikipedia article. what do i look like a scientist? aint nobody got time for that. i just look long enough until i find something that confirms what i already believe and stop there

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

when did you stop beating your wife astamir?

3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

european

im french irish and scandinavian

5. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

indians are cool
    they are one of the best immigrant groups here

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

Going after brown people mostly. The TTP thing Ragic pointed out was also a kept promise... though I don't know that letting China dictate how pacific trade will be handled for the forseeable future is a good long term plan. He did promise to restart Keystone and he just re-approved it.

He's also broken (more than) a few. Promised Obama care replacement immediately. Promised he wouldn't go after medicare/medicaid/social security. Promised to drain the swamp (then hired a bunch of goldman sachs peeps and fellow millionaires). Promised Mexico would pay for a wall, but instead it will be U.S. taxpayers. Promised he wouldn't go on vacation much, but he goes every weekend. I feel like he at least heavily implied he'd separate himself from his business interests and he hasn't.

Its too early to give him flak for not getting the infrastructure bill passed, but I doubt he'll make much progress there. We'll see how the tax overhaul goes. His proposed skinny budget is absolute shite though.

He's completely incompetent when it comes to foreign relations, but I don't necessarily know that he made hard commitments when it comes to that.

Geressen likes this.
  7. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

that actually helps explain the colors much better, thanks. now I see why you keep asking about indians. weren't indians and persians the original aryans anyways? guess genetics shows that.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

lol at @newsbuff inability to answer a question and admiting he is ignorant of the evidence he puts forward
    and @Astamir blowing a gasket

9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Aryans are whichever people want to claim they are "noble"

its sort of like diet meaning ''the people'' so now the germans call themselves Deutsch and the Netherlanders are called Dutch by everyone somehow because we used to identifie as Diets

so it doesn't matter, if you are not Dutch, you are not much.
    and you are not Dutch :p

10. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

i dont want to be dutch anymore now that The Eternal Low Lander wasn't elected emperor

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

who?

are you talking about that trump knockoff that wants to be a failed austrian painter?

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Aryan originates from a sanskrit word, so it's really not a European thing. But yes, it was basically Indians who called themselves that.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  13. Sokolov

I found this section from the paper pretty interesting:

"Of 4199 alleles present more than once in the sample, 46.7% appeared in all major regions represented: Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Central South Asia, East Asia, Oceania, and America. Only 7.4% of these 4199 alleles were exclusive to one region; region-specific alleles were usually rare, with a median relative frequency of 1.0% in their region of occurrence."

Geressen and Astamir like this.
  14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

how many alleles does it take to create substantive difference in human cognitive or physical ability, susceptibility to disease, etc.?

some traits are determined by a single allele. Others by double.

7.4% = 311.

311 means at minimum 155 genetic variations exclusive to a region. As for different combination of non-exclusive alleles (the 53.3% or 2,239 other alleles) and how they interact to form complex traits, we really don't know.

But to say that race doesn't exist is an assertion that's been debunked.

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Of course race is a thing I don't expect you anglo-saxon mixed brood to understaand, you are about as bright as an Iberian, maybe a Sicilian but that is a stretch.

there happy now?

(that is jokes... or is it?)

newsbuff likes this.
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

to annoy people

is it working?

you'd think by now you would have understood that care and effort doesn't pay/

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

so am I,
    but if you keep stressing out like this...
    you won't be.

Ohmin likes this.
  19. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

poor lil fella doesnt even know why you post gerb

so really, how allright can he be ?

Geressen likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Race exists, of course, as a social construct.

Genetic differences exists, of course, as a scientific construct.

But whether genetics define race is a bit murkier, and this data really shows how most "races" are made up a mix of categories of genetics and no "race" is homogeneous in genetics.

Basically, it really doesn't say what you think it says. At best, it says that individuals belonging to certain geographical regions tend to be slightly more similar than those in other regions, but share MORE similarities than differences with people of other races, both within that region and without.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    badgerale likes this.