Best alternative bonus contest

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by DiCEM0nEY, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Shout out! Woop woop slags

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I actually find a really important skill of this game (FW in particular) is learning to turn a game that would probably end quickly into an hour long game.

Eat your heart out 10 minute UD'ers

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Best idea for new bonus:
    Cooldown reduction for champions to flat number
    2/6

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Mmmmmmmmm, delicious buffs.

yobanchi likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

for the record i do not want a change, but i will contribute.

FF
    when a real none summoned unit dies you opponent losses 6 nora. If they can not lose 6 nora their shrine losses 6 hp.
    Spilt faction
    when a real none summoned unit dies you opponent losses 3 nora. If they can not lose 3 nora their shrine losses 3 hp.

this would trigger off relics and champs deaths. this would trigger on friendly and enemy deaths. this would stack with tariff.

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Screw Bonuses
    FF- Negate the enemy faction bonus
    Split- Negate half the enemy faction bonus. (EX: FF UD would only get Split UD bonus. Splits would keep the faction bonus tied to the font bonus they selected and lose the other split faction)

Death Benefit
    FF- When a real champion is destroyed reduce a champion on cooldown by 5. If none are available the next champion deployed costs 5 less nora.
    Split- When a real champion is destroyed reduce a champion on cooldown by 2. If none are available the next champion deployed costs 2 less nora.

Durand, OriginalG1 and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  7. OriginalG1

people would rage so hard about that screw bonuses one. ST without hp, K'thir without speed, IS without spell protection. i love it.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

how would a split effect kthir tho?

9. OriginalG1

They would receive nothing

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

They'd have +1ap cap.

But, also, why are we talking about this again Jesus.

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

theyre trying to incite my wrath

12. DiCEM0nEY

I think the FW bonus is not only not good, but also cancerous. Makes games last unnecessarily long, and doesn't create player satisfaction, unless you are on the winning side. No1 wants to see repeated bile zombies while u try to reach unholy tomb and tome of hate. Needs a rework imo.

13. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Try proving it with maths

14. DiCEM0nEY

Very hard to do, because it depends on the efficency of your deploys, which relies on how the other person plays. You'd need to know how efficient things are in a perfect play scenario, then what the chances of facing each matchup are.

It is however, quite obvious to say the way I would go about designing things, balance aside. I can also take a guess at how the math is working, since I understand it.

15. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I suggested this years ago. It is still imo the best suggestion:

Keep as is and add + 2 reveals at start of game was the one that had the biggest support when last it was discussed in the FW forum. It would allow FW to use fewer champions and include our counters instead.

*Floats back into the shadows*

5amb0 and yobanchi like this.
  16. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Personally Ive always wanted the FW bonus to spawn a Skeleton/Zombie/Spirit where your opponents champs die. I guess killing the spawned unit would drop the nora from the original unit or something.

I do love our faction bonus but I also appreciate the arguments against it. If there were a way to adjust it so that it isn't quite so 'backloaded' then I think it would be fine.

17. DiCEM0nEY

That's pretty cool, but probably impractical for worms and liches and vampires. Also, I assume you mean real non cloned.

Still, that's the best suggestion so far I think.

18. DiCEM0nEY

I thought of the best alternative bonus. Thanks to potatonauts, and davre, as well as macca.

All units inflict mark of the forsaken with basic attack and/or ability.

Mark of forsaken is consumed based on unit abilities.

Witches- elsari coven - units with a mark within 5/8 spaces of unit are cursed X. Or on Dmz as normal.

Skeletons - skeleton commander - damaging a unit with a mark grants +1 damage +1 armor +4 HP once per turn, aoe 5.

Spirits - hard to change, since so many themes exist in spirits. Probably a straight increase to Nora (based on # of spirits deployed) when a spirit with X ability attacks a marked unit. If only because they currently have alot of low impact yet fun to use spells, and this would allow them to be much more inefficient (which they currently sort of are).

Vampires-
    This can go in so many directions, but I'd suggest something like damaging a marked target with a vampire passive would cause bloodied X based on number of vampires, then reworking bloodied to give large bonuses when skills interact with units with a high # condition of bloodied

New undead- combine with zombie , give -CD on units when a marked unit is damaged by an undead. Remove undead clause from others.

Worms- rework necrosis or combine with undead.

Stitched - I'll think about it later.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Terrible. Far too complicated and code intensive. Also, just means more and more work as the game grows.

20. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

I like banshees suggestion