Trump just signed away internet privacy

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Apr 3, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Its thoroughly amusing to me how upset people get when I throw the same troll (i guess rhetoric would be generous) posts their way that they throw around.

To the "but america" argument. I have gone over this before so tldr: what am i supposed to talk about as someone interested in the world when most of you are american and don't follow much (accurate) international news.

Also, if asking for opinions on internet privacy issues on an online game forum strikes you as weird, and the only contribution you make are afformentioned troll comments, maybe its time you let it go. If I wanted generic opinions or delusions I could go to t__D or faux news.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

well you are obviously playing cops and robbers wrong, mixed it with playing war.

in other places it is a variation on tag, this explains why your police force is so shooty, they've been conditioned since childhood not to aprehend people but to shoot them.

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

You spelt continent wrong.

I've actually been to every continent but can hardly say two week holidays to certain countries allows me to form any meaningful judgement of that place as a whole? If I remember correctly from other threads you were in the military or navy etc so maybe had positions overseas, is that what you are basing your opinions on? But I guess living in an army base in x country is different to actually living in that place?

I'm not attacking you, saying america is a bad place to live or anything like that so I am not sure why you are being so defensive in your reply, I wanted to know what made you form that position from a genuine point of interest. (Mostly because I think it's based in patriotism rather than anything you can actually measure.) I am not particularly patriotic so although I can see the privileged lifestyle I and others around me in my home country have had, I am by no means thinking it's the absolute best wouldn't change it for anything scenario. But I don't know where I think that scenario is either, it could be multiple places!

I think it's potentially a bad place to be right now if you are a minority based on political news, some people are terrified and I think it's justifiable for them to feel that way! There is a whole lot of unknown with Donald and people are always scared of the unknown. But I can say the same for my country too, the difference being I don't claim my country is the best one :p

So "you live it, in it's awesomeness that's given you the opportunity to build a life that you can control/enjoy"... But why couldn't you have done that in say the UK, or Sweden, or any other developing/developed country? Again going back to other threads I think I remember your life story being quite a challenging one, you had a rough start but worked your way out of that to what you have today. Surely that's saying more about you as a person over what your country did for you/allowed you to do?

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Wah potato internet I double posted

5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

remember when I said your posts were predictable? yeah.

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Typical american,

keeps inputting 1+1

Suprised when answer keeps being 2.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

A few things:

CISPA, or PIPA, or SIPA, or whatever that bill was called once it was finally, quietly passed and signed while most people were patting themselves on the back for putting enough pressure to stop the first two iterations, pretty much gave legal coverage for Internet companies to collect and sell data on people in the first place... but they were already doing it (just without the defined protections).

Zuckerberg (Facebook) is relatively well-known for calling his website users "idiots" for not realizing that any information they put up was going to be farmed (by Facebook, and other companies for non-private accounts which is almost all of them). Google is well known to specifically tailor ads for individual users/households based on not just searches on their platforms, but from noises and sights devices can pick up. ( http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35639549 for example, other things involving Google Chrome etc. are also out there.)

The FCC attempt to regulate this stopped almost none of that. While it was good in the sense of ISP's specifically, the bulk of meta-data collection and selling was still ongoing anyway.

Of course, browser history tied to a specific account/household is much more complete information, and it should be kept private. In fact, except locally on your computer (if you actually want it) it shouldn't be "kept" at all in my view.

However, Google especially has gotten so big that it may as well have that information already. To me part of this issue is with Anti-Trust. ATT, Verizon, Comcast and possibly even Google or Facebook at this point as well.

Note that I'm not supporting what's happened regarding privacy rules... as I understand it the main thing is that Congress did not appreciate the FCC trying to take over the internet unilaterally (as I recall they simply declared it to be their jurisdiction). It's unlikely, but hopefully those that voted based on that count will attempt to introduce privacy bills... but given that they are probably in the minority it seems unlikely (again, the -IPA's were numerous and popular amongst the politicians that hoped their constituents weren't paying attention).

That said, I'm not sure I appreciate HOW the FCC went about trying to implement it's regulations.

Regardless:

( TL;DR: )
    My data, and your data, should remain our property short of explicit allowance of it's use or sale or intentionally put up for public display... and no EULA or Terms of Service Agreement should be allowed to breach that.

SPiEkY, super71 and Saandro like this.
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

oh im not surprised at all. just wanted you to know how boring your posts are.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Truth is boring?

Explains why you watch faux news to spice up your life

Geressen likes this.
  10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

to be fair it mostly is.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

A lot of this passed when Obama was in office within the last few months though, not sure why were pretending Trump did it. I mentioned on the previous page about how all the big companies violate every privacy law known to man and have been doing it for years. The internet is the easiest thing to keep tabs on people with.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. super71

Ehh except I just stated how I have worked at 2 animal shelters with my own 2 hands, and it was corrupt as all get out. I feel like the best research one can do is first hand experience, maybe try it sometime.

I challenge anything and everything at pretty much any given turn, no matter how many people are on the other side telling me this is how it should be, remind you of anything on these forums ?

My problem is most people on these forums aren't even open to debates and just come here to post nonsense that they read off the latest face book post or tweet and call it gospel or insult us terrible Americans.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"im super into facts"

"everything that happened when trump signed this bill is because of obama"

oh yeah, that's my fetish right there

14. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Relevant:

[​IMG]

badgerale and Geressen like this.
  15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Ya'll need Isukiri

Saandro likes this.
  16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Too bad he can't sign away u cucks to the middle east

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Other than the FCC thing regarding ISPs... yeah, this stuff happened under Obama (and was happening before him as well)... of course, it also happened with a predominantly Republican Congress IIRC in regards to the -IPA bill, though I forget exactly when the final version got through, but none the less...

So yeah... you're the ignorant one this time. Sorry.

super71 and SPiEkY like this.
  18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

That made me throwup in my mouth

Geressen likes this.
  19. super71

Somehow you will be wrong in the world of the liberal mind.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Except that most of us are not liberals, but you'd have to come up with something smart instead. Go play with your legos.

And sure internet privacy is garbage and it has been dumped on before, but this opened the flood gates. Yeah facebook has been doing that Bane Shift for years, but that doesnt mean we should sign that Bane Shift into a bill to Firk over the FCC