Delim - burning broccoli

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by MaruXV, Feb 15, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why does nobody use border guard ?

He can have seismic leap and tremor, 11 damage, 54 base health, 2 range, 7 speed, 4 defense and take root. I plop him down in fonts and smack things to hell, occasionally throwing on a verdant promise on him to cover almost the whole font. He can also have detection, hunter quick, or drudgery, he might be the best tree as far as his versatility.

Naria made the tree theme play very awkward now as they are basically two sub themes bleed, conduit, within a larger theme trees. Since the naria are so much stronger than their tree counter parts your almost forced to include most of them.

As most people have said, I can never balance the d'elim + tree aspect.

Also x2 warden of the path as relocating my fattys front and center is hilarious.

2. super71

We should probably take the staples from every bg listed above and go from there, and then people can list what runes they don't use and why.

x2 greenhouse or x1
    x2 overgrowth I think everybody agrees here
    x1 emerald
    x1 nature's wrath
    at least x1 sporegill
    x1 d'elim
    x2 fanatical devotee
    x1 pride

11 runes- 4 relics, 3 spells, 3 champs
    From this list we can get the beginnings of a bg and fill in what we need

My bg would be the runes list above and then

x2 dryad
    x1 verdant promise
    x2 borderguard
    x2 warden of the path
    x2 ruthless enforcer
    x1 woodland
    x1 elven bard because she is too strong to leave out imo
    x1 covenant
    x1 horn
    x1 inhibit power
    x1 patriarch
    x1 outcast
    x1 flame mage of the circle
    x1 guardian of the circle
    x1 enforcer

That would be my elven heavy bg

In a tree heavy d'elim bg i'd run

x1 patriarch
    x1 lifegiver
    x1 heart of the forest, relocate, +defender + granting camouflage with patriarch's shroud is strong
    x2 ragevine
    x1 naria queen
    x2 borderguard
    x1 launcher
    x1 mindtap for the conduit speed

The rest would be d'elim focused from the above lists.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I don't run overgrowth, and prefer antidote over emerald.

4. super71

Didn't see your bg because I had you on ignore, the majority run emerald and overgrowth. If you don't mind me asking why don't you like emerald or overgrowth ? I often find that the extra summons can be a pain and unless you have a lot of d'elim units out they just get in my way.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Emerald has become too expensive and people run seism more often than counterspells these days. As for overgrowth the reasons are similar: there's more seism so less relics overall.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I didn't really like overgrowth much after the spawns got nerfed and changed to enemy turn instead of your turn for summoning, like it's still decent just not 2x auto.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

it depdens on your bg. in my delim bg i run 4 sacrifice effect + 4 surge plant units, so i need overgrowth to fuel this system. in normal treefolk bg or more elf-centered delim bg, probably one or even 0 are ok.

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

What people forget about delim. We have 2 relic drop champions in warden and seeker. Then we also have 2 relic spawn champions in sporegill and dragonbark. Essentially makes overgrowth 30 nora for 4 delayed summons with 24 (34) hp each.

9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

Sporegill and dragonbark already have a tempo hit waiting for them to actually spawn. It's good if you can survive the tempo hit but it's essentially playing 60-90 odd Nora down which can screw you over.

Good if it works, easy to punish though imo

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

why you sayin " we " speaking of KF @themacca ? ^_^
    i think overgrowth should be used on sporegill just in games where you dont get rushed. i dont play dragonbark, too slow for that cost. sporegill is cheap so it hits less.
    overgrowth should go on:
    1. enemy relic contesting font
    2. own relic summoned by a unit ( seeker mostly. drop relic, inititate somebody, overgrowth)
    3. own "going to die next turn" relic like contesting banner (will be back soon anyway)
    4. own greenhouse when the fight moved away from it, so you put it in cd and you can spawn it again.

also i prefer in this case emerald over antidote because you can overgrowth it and reuse it. @Tweek516

super71 likes this.
  11. Tweek516

Like gemma said, since the summon change ages ago I just haven't found overgrowth worth it. Far too slow for a BG that is already incredibly slow. I understand the sporegill combo, but you're just making the BG even more late game and even more prone to rushes. You already win the late game, should use most of your slots to shore up your weak early game.

12. super71

I like overgrowth when greenhouse is out, however when greenhouse isn't out for that burst of damage the summons are kinda just meh.

Greenhouse
    costs 35 nora
    another 20 nora to summon a sapling
    +3 damage and +1 def to trees within 5 spaces
    needs to be near the battle to benefit from the bonus damage and defense, which makes the 35 nora investment more sketchy.

corpse pile
    60 nora
    2 units worth 80 + health, not including mason's spire buff which allows you to pump out another two
    disease aura 3, which Idk about you guys but i've used that aura to kill many units while getting the new summon

I'd like to see greenhouse pay a more upfront cost and work exactly like corpse pile, right now it's a burst damage relic that gets quickly targeted by seism, and enemy champs because it has to be near combat to be useful.

Greenhouse
    60 nora cost
    When this unit is deployed yada yada yada, take the text from corpse pile and put in summon sapling and add when this unit is destroyed summon 2 saplings. This unit has forest front.

So no matter what your getting 3 saplings for 60 nora and forest front which helps vegetation bgs and gets camouflage going from verdant force and domain vegetation buff for the saplings if they are close enough to the relic.

I had other ideas for greenhouse but with the use of seism, I now believer relics are only good for maybe one or two rounds if that.

13. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Germination Engine has already become the sapling version of corpse pile. Leave Greenhouse alone. :D

14. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

greenhouse is perfect as it is now

15. super71

Who runs germination engine exactly ? I'm honestly curious on that because I haven't ever used it I don't think.

16. super71

It's 35 Nora for an aoe bonus damage and defense, with seism and it needing to be close to combat, and producing one tree your now up to 55 Nora for a garbage summon.

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

it's a real champion. which costs 42 nora.

And no one runs germination engine, but you're proposing to change it into germination engine so it can also be not ran

18. Tweek516

Gotta say, I agree with super here. Greenhouse is good in delim bc it makes real guys, and the DMG boost is okay in trees as a 1x, but its really not a great rune anymore.

The summon is okay, not great. Its Nora cost is irrelevant since nobody runs the rune itself. Can do some annoying stuff like harassing fonts.

Also, kinda conflicting things here in greenhouse. You want to pop it down in the middle of the map to get the maximum damage boost, but you want the sapling to he at the sides of the map harassing fonts.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

with +1 spd +1 def +3dmg it was too good. with only +1spd it was awful. now i find it perfectly ok. runnable 2x if treeheavy bg, 1x if more elves-centered. it also depends how many sacrifice effects you use.

overgrowth is sure a good 1x. i run 2 because i run 4-5 surge units, 2 wood elementals that need meat to resurrect, and i'm running also harvesters which also need a lot of meat to be useful.

@Tweek516 i understand your point about "late we win, we need to stop rush", but i also find that with the wrong draws we simply cant stop rush. so i thought of harvester, because with 1-2 harvester and 6-10 trees, you can leave a font to opponent and still generate enough mana to sustain you.

20. Tweek516

Oh, I lose mid virtually every game when playing delim, Im not fussed about that. You just scale soooo well, even beating Nora gen bgs late game. Its when you lose 2 fonts I start to get a bit worried, and that's what I try to stop.

Im not saying greenhouse should be changed - leave it as is. I think its good in delim bgs, mediocre in tree bgs. Just a kinda eh rune though.