Alts galore, this is why pox will always be stuck where it is now.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Apr 25, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Untitled.jpg Untitled.jpg

Hierokliff likes this.
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

this is the problem with shards+gold rewards from rank pvp, i dont really have a problem with people making alts to try out things in pvp if they dont dare risk their rank rating. but moving over silly bg's to alt to farm gold/shards then move all back and start next alt is very annoying.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  3. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

My trolling padewan is back. Think your trolling power is strong enough yet to take on trollpyro or should we take him on together?

4. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

So i've been away a while, is it the ranking up (ie from standard 5->4) rewards you are all talking about?

If so, is there a list of the rewards anywhere?

5. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

whoever it is he is pretty terrible 72% win rate with only 50 games on the board. Most of those games would have been against lower tier decks.
    Regulate, the reward I think most people are after is the 2k shards for leveling up to battle master.

Ballballer and nepyonisdead like this.
  6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

It should be something like this, adapted from the visions of amareth patch notes.
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/visions-of-amareth-patch-notes.19835/

Standard League V (Level 1) - Starting Level
    Standard League IV (Level 2) - 1000 Gold
    Standard League III (Level 3) - 3x Commons from current expansion
    Standard League II (Level 4) - 3000 Gold
    Standard League I (Level 5) - 3x Uncommon from current expansion
    Rare League (Level 6) - 500 Shards
    Exotic League (Level 7) - 2x Rare from current expansion
    Legendary League (Level 8) - 1000 Shards
    Limited League (Level 9) - 1x Exotic from current expansion
    Battlemaster League (Level 10) - 2000 shards

Rare and Legendary league rewards may be different, I'm not sure. Battlemaster is the most wanted but is also the hardest to get because losses and wins cancel each other out.

Hierokliff likes this.
  7. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

You can't blame people for playing Alta right now considering how long it's been since a rank reset. There's nothing to play for once you hit main. At least people are playing the game, imagine if everyone who hit BM just stopped playing because there's no incentive (let's not pretend anyone cares about rank right now) pretty sure the game would be in a much worse state. It's DOGs fault for not rolling out any new content or releases in a stupid long time.

Hierokliff likes this.
  8. Hierokliff

Good and valid points on why to use alts. if not new content, atleast patches/bugfixes/balances and resets of ladder/dow/rewards
    3500shards isnt so bad, guess it takes 2-3 weeks to reach BM, a few days without being able to trade first then farm some games, allthough i think its tougher now since almost all lowranked are alts :)

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

when did gaming become about rewards instead of enjoyment?

Fentum likes this.
  10. Hierokliff

Since a part of this game is gathering runes its a bit about getting rewards also. Atleast i enjoy getting runes i didnt have earlier to be able to test things, i still hold my alt to PvE, but it is not near as effective as PvP.

11. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Rewards = Enjoyment. How is that not blatantly obvious ?

To put it in perspective, I started playing Pox a couple weeks ago after not really playing often for a year or 2. Got into a good guild and immensely enjoyed the challenge of getting to BM , I was logging on nearly every day excited to get some games in. Then I hit BM and it was like 'oh' dafuq am I gonna do now ? And I have barely played since.

I would say most people who are still playing Pox have enough runes to play whatever they want and simply make Alts for the enjoyment in the challenge trying to get BM and not for the paltry rewards.

12. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

I think the idea of the reward system was good on paper and the intentions where in the right place. When I started pox getting 1 legendary without paying money was near Firking impossible let alone a bg, but offering people the chance to play with the new exos by playing the game more was something that would have been so good with a bigger player base, now however it did backfire to people making alts, but still this new system will pay off once people come in with the new launch because getting their hands on proper runes right off the bat will spike their intrest. Until then :) keep on farming farming farming xD

Woffleet likes this.
  13. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

This is so true. I have no interest whatsoever in ranks. I don't know my rank, I don't know how ranks work. I like getting free runes but now I have most runes so it's not that great.

I just love playing the game. Even after ten years of it!

14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

The rank system has taken to long to reset, even I hit battle master this time and I usually do not get past that wand rank. When I did get to battle master I did lose interest in pox. There wasn't much else to achieve, they top 10 is as thick as the nerds glasses that hold that position. Number one player dose not play at all so gl climbing past 3k 5 exp at a time. Additionally if SL and FS are going to have the best meta, i do not feel like playing anyway.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I understand why people do it towards the end of rank seasons, however I don't see the reasoning when this has been consistent in pox since the beginning of time. Alts have always been a thing and are huge thorn in the side of growing a new player base.

16. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

AHAHAHAHAHA I OWN POXNORAAAAA

17. Bobbmon

Bobbmon The King of Potatoes

Fite me

18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

lol ofc it would be Bobbmon.
    You could tell by the way he just <WINS>

Etherielin, nepyonisdead and BurnPyro like this.
  19. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

20. LoserSlick

LoserSlick Devotee of the Blood Owl

the point is moot from my perspective as i queue up leg, lim, and bm regularly when i do play ranked. still, maybe there's a way to mark player names under the same ip - that would at least help players not get caught off guard all the time, right?

i'm pretty close to completing my faction collection so i'm sure i'll be able to empathize more when i start playing ranked more regularly. i'll admit breaking into rare league is a little more difficult than i had anticipated but just figured it was the learning curve getting away from me a bit during my absence