Rune of the Day - 26/04/2017 - Whisperghast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Buttes, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Buttes

Buttes The King of Potatoes

[​IMG]

As before, the same questions to get discussion rolling:

1 - Which upgrades do you prefer running?
    2 - Do you think the upgrades are hard to pick between, or is it an easy choice?
    3 - How viable do you think this rune is currently?
    4 - What minor adjustment do you think would balance the rune, or is it fine as is?
    5 - What do you think of the flavour (art, text, sprite etc) of the rune?
    6 - Any other thoughts on the rune?

I am biased and loved this rune pre-revamp, would be great to hear what y'all think about it now. Also please pm me if you would like to see more of these, or to request specific runes.

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Nice, hadn't seen you were doing this. I'll answer soon, I'm on my phone and the formatting makes me insane.

3. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

he's a good rune it just seems weird how shadestrike is an upgrade and not on his base to me atleast.
    other than that if i there was anything on him that could be changed?
    probably vengeful from upgrade slot one but i have no idea what i'd replace it with.
    not to say vengeful is a completely useless ability but it certainly feels that way.
    maybe soul vitality could be a good replacement for his vengeful?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I run that gent with Distracting Blows and Shadestrike in my FW UD split. Useful for ranged alt damage, spell protection, fast movement. Combine with Ink blight Witches to stop spells worrying my Ireguards.

5. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

yeah i also run it with shadestrike and distracting blows.
    it really does seem like its other upgrades are kinda shitty.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Wait wtf. Who thinks vengeful is a shitty ability

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'm no FW player, but he looks good to me. I think the upgrades rely hugely on the BG he's in, e.g. in DB (although I wouldn't include him in DB) you want vengeful, etc.

Relocate DMZ is really strong, and not hard to proc.

Flavour wise, I love him. Such a cool design and art and sprite.

All in all, hes not run in every FW BG but he's pretty strong. No changes should be made to him.

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I don't like vengeful, I find it takes too long to ramp up, and is too easily counter able. This rune kind of sucks ass in most decks, outclassed by the uncommon version.

Distracting blows is his most useful, I don't think dmz decks work right now also, so he won't be used frequently even if he was good on an individual level.

9. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

DMZ FW UD with arrow eaters is quite nice. Oityabout that Blood Count guy but still we have the witches, the big dragon guy, etc.

10. Buttes

Buttes The King of Potatoes

What is his uncommon version?

11. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Probably Shadestriker

12. DiCEM0nEY

No, the one with relocate and swap, I think it's called nether wraith

13. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

how is that an "uncommon version" of whisperghast. that sounds very different

14. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Oh my bad, it does have some things in common, I was mainly thinking of shadestrike and manipulation of the field, in that way shadestriker and whisperghast are very similar due both having access to that and distract.

15. DiCEM0nEY

because the damage output doesnt justify the nora cost, relocate ally is generally a better ability (since dmz was nerfed at least), and other reasons I dont really feel like getting into