Staple Kanen BG now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pipster, May 7, 2017.

1. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Hi Poxers,

Played a few games with my Kanen deck, got demolished. Few observations:

1. Kanen Cultist requires a different playstyle (but not necessarily weaker?)
    2. Mercenary on Garin appears to have been buffed (used to cost 4 nora per turn no?)
    3. Kierg and Rage Band synergy doesn't work anymore (might replace Kierg for Garin)
    4. Spark Crones no longer shock the board on deploy, spark curse in effective (but zeal:damage looks fairly strong)
    5. No more cleansing emerald, should I dedicate [purge] and [dragon god's staff] for it instead?
    6. I've noticed there's no more Boost:Kanen anywere to be found? Or am I just missing it? It's not on Kanen Crone or Alpha.
    7. Thoughts on Two-Headed Kanen (Pounce and Reflexes)?
    8. I think 2x WotM is regarded as an overkill. Might take one out and replace with Dragon God's Staff
    9. Not so sure about Kanen Pillager/Reforge place in the deck. Both are meant to deal with equips, but Pillager is just so squishy...

Would love to see what a staple Kanen BG looks like in the current meta. Here's mine below for reference:

kanen3.png

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Whats kanen? dont think ive seen it...
    But I looked in the split forum, but found only a kinda old thread, but its atleast from this expansion so its not totally outdated
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/kanen-bg-and-possible-guide.25140/

2. Yeah mercenary is 2nora now, its nice.
    4. Zeal:damage are crazy powerful, that with paralyctic feedback seems to be the Spark Crones ive fought and cursed over.
    5. Purge is amazing, def use it, wish i had it in IS...

Pipster likes this.
  3. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

pack mentality wolves/dogs that use blood magic and pack tactics to dominate. Not very good by themselves but a very good snowballing theme that can get pretty dangerous if you don't take out some of their main units.

4. Pipster

Pipster I need me some PIE!

Thanks for your input Hiero. I checked over that thread, and it's from Nov. 2016. I think some significant changes have happened to Kanen since then making those BGs significantly different. For example, the change to cleansing emerald.

5. DukeofDunks

DukeofDunks I need me some PIE!

Wasnt the whole point of the two headed kanen relocate ally? Something absolutely disgusting for a bg that relies on saving AP for fuel rage and dogpiling one dude? I was also under the impression that scythe of gore and peak tactics were at least 1x in these bg's

Also, what is that champion on the far right between the rupture alpha and the two headed kanen?