PS4 Release Date Announced, May 23

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, May 10, 2017.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

You should play a game though, think they have hit AI with a huge nerfbat, because it is worse then ever :)
    i still got a huge problem if moving to fast, the champions gets dislocated very often if i try to move a rune while another is ordered to move.

Forgot to add that the hotkeys make the game alot more playable then before, so thanks alot for adding those

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

AI wasn't changed.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

hmm tried 2 games, and in both the AI was standing still alot and just ending turn at 11AP on the units

4. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I wanted to get this uploaded since most of that other video was false and just a rant on my end. This was actually pretty fun doing, I didn't care so much about what I was playing or anything just wanted to make some content to redeem myself for not reading the patch notes completely.

Enjoy!The sound kicks out after 20ish minutes, I think I hit my mic away. Also I am Italian so I make lots of hand gestures which obviously does not get picked up on the video which eventually I end up realizing while I'm talking but once I've committed I either have to finish the thought or just...

There was something else I'm forgetting to say but that's enough for now...OH! the Avatar doesn't properly display the Avatar lvl, the template does, but not the pedestal they sit on. That is all.

Edit: oh yeah I even go on about the website not having enough info, then click around and bam...foot in mouth...idm making these videos cause I know I will mess up, it just takes time to get them uploaded so that they're relevant.

Kampel likes this.
  5. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

If we're talking AI; we're talking Skirmish imo. Campaigns have code designed for them so I can't really guess how that works but imo the AI needs Gambits the way FFX-2 used the gambit system for the party memebers AI

Attack closest enemy
    Heal closest ally
    Attack furthest enemy
    Heal furthest Ally
    Attack enemy with >70% HP
    Heal Ally with <70% HP

of course that was a real time game with some timing/turn based tactics but over all the result was pretty smooth. It is how I think AI should behave and it was very intuitive to edit as a player. Idk how this kind of system would really help Pox but if in the future Skirmishers get more support I think it would be from a wave/dungeon system which is dependent on a more intelligent AI. The current AI we have would not deploy Kingmaker or Reticulated Splinehawk before a specific rune, it analyses and makes the decision for us. Playing against that kind of AI is easy to beat which is great because of how we get rewards but I think a Gambit based AI could open more avenues that otherwise would not have been taken.

Perhaps in overtime incorporate some runes that have AI Gambits so that way Jakei Pilgrim gifts to Rockforger then have Pilgrim's Offering cast on to Rockforger, and then have Rockforger Consume a Rockling. I know that is a lot of work but I can dream.

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

There will be an initial shake down period after the launch of the game on the PS4 and the full release of the new client on PC and Mac. Once we are happy the game is in a good state then we will release the next expansion. Ideally we wanted to have them coincide, but we would rather if there are some bumps early on that it doesn't affect the launch of a new expansion too. Now that Pox Nora is on the a console there new factors that are being put into play. Once the wrinkles get ironed out then we want to get back to the normal expansion schedule as soon as possible.

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

The new client does not have an integrated way of creating an account, the "Account" button on the launcher sends me to the website. Is that WAI? are the PS4 players required to go to a website to register?

8. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Welp. Here it goes. Your last chance to make Poxnora great again. I'm still playing on PC. I don't want to make space for it on my PS4.

but yeah. Killing strain's servers just shut down because of low player base so idk what # is good enough for SONY to mantain the game at their store... so good luck and I hope that doesn't happen. (Poxnora, it's getting closer to 10 years of knowing you).

9. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

It wouldn't be bad if it was implemented better. Separate accounts is stupid, and it f won l will either flop on ps4 or cause the pc base to diminish.

10. DiCEM0nEY

Do I need to get PlayStation plus before the game releases?
    Ps4 really is awesome

11. eSmokefish

eSmokefish Devotee of the Blood Owl

Heck, it's about time. And the day after my birthday at that!

Now where did I put my Elf-Stomper 3000...?

12. Revengercm

Damn. but have you seen that dislike bar on the youtube video.

13. DiCEM0nEY

No, I'll have to check it out later. The official YouTube link is the one you are referring to?

I want to ask why epic games paragon has an account link system, but pox doesn't. @Sokolov

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

All indie games get trashed on that channel. Check out any other announcement video that isn't an AAA game.

15. Sokolov

There is no need to create an account on PS4. It is automatic.

Kampel likes this.
  16. Revengercm

Oh trust me I know. PS plus free game entitled pricks. Still.

17. Sokolov

18. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

19. Sokolov

Hi... josh? :D

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

the one and only.

Kampel likes this.