PS4 Release Date Announced, May 23

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darklord48, May 10, 2017.

1. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

"Wah wah bring Dampen back."

- Aseryen, probably.

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

PS4 release woohoo, that's all we should be talking about. Too often are threads derailed for no reason other than to stir up trouble, keep it clean and talking about the release preferably :).

XFurionsX likes this.
  3. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

So. are we getting the vothsair from the Main page? The one sok had as profile picture for while? Are we getting more than 8 legs? I remember last time I was playing I was saving up for x2.

4. Silveraine

Silveraine I need me some PIE!

DoW being removed is a smart choice. Re-inventing the game was something which we all craved for. Instead of creating a Pox 2.0 from scratch, this approach seems far more achievable. It opens up lots of possibilities for the game to develop.

5. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

I'm ready to play now....

6. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I can't find the game on the pstore.

7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

So far been very disappointed with how this has been handled :(

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What are you disappointed in? Do games typically launch at midnight on PSN?

9. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The game has launched on PS4, there are no greens around to answer anybodies questions about anything, bugs everywhere etc etc

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I can understand that being disappointing. I had expected the game to launch later today when staff were all online and ready to support the launch.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I think that was the intention, because Sok said in another thread he's not even sure how people on PS4 are playing yet. The game doesn't even appear on PS store for most people.

12. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

Yes I can't find it the store

13. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

If you scroll down on the PS4 menu to Free its appearing right there for me as one of the first games

14. bearhugger29

bearhugger29 Member

15. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

So from what I understand, Ps4 players can't trade, correct..? In that case, I'm having difficulty understanding how anybody would expect all these new Ps4 players to keep playing on the Ps4? People will find out you can trade on the PC version but not the Ps4, so what makes you guys think they will keep playing on the Ps4 after the initial download? Soon after they will all leave for the PC version simply because it allows trading, or leave the game alltogether because Ps4 can't trade, and we'll be back to square 0, and Sony will say good night to Pox because people aren't playing it on the Ps4, but rather the PC version. I think we really need to enable trading for Ps4 players, somehow, someway, this needs to happen.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  16. Vote Kanye 2020

How is that a bad thing? If players discover poxnora through PS4, then transfer to PC then it still means pox has more players?

17. Protick

Of course it's not a bad thing if we get more players, but this would mean the Ps4 launch would have been a failure. That's the bad thing.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It can't happen because PSN having no trading is something Sony demanded to keep the accounts separate (i.e. they don't want people buying on PC and trading to PS4 users because they'd get no revenue from that). I don't necessarily agree with their reasoning though I also think trading is much less of a dealbreaker than you'd think.

19. Protick

I hope you are right Sok! It's true that nowadays trading is not as essential as it used to be since Pox has been improved over the years with Shards etc, I do hope the new players will not be bothered by no trade as well, though I personally suspect they will. Either way, we'll be here supporting the new players coming in as we did with the Steam launch, answering their questions etc. Let's hope this time around Pox will get the big break it deserves.

20. Vote Kanye 2020

Can you even talk on PS4? Not a single one of them has spoken.