An idea to improve UI in the future

Discussion in 'New Pox Nora Client Beta Discussion' started by Durand, May 19, 2017.

1. Durand

Durand Active Member

I guess this is the best thread to talk about this. I'm talking about the biggest improvement which could be added to UI sometime in the future. It would drastically improve how new players perceive the game, but I'm sure even old players could appreciate it.

I'm sure everyone has experienced this. There is some effect on the screen, but you have no idea what actually happened. The text on the log scrolls fast and you have to search it there. This searching is timeconsuming and is especially unintuitive for new players. Or you didn't notice that opponent just added an equipment to some champ. You have to click champs every now and then to check if they have some new equip. And even when opponent adds some new champ to the battle. You have to click the champ if you want to study it. This clicking and searching log happens all the time. Most drastic this is for spells.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So the idea:
    Whenever opponent casts anything, display the rune on the center of the screen for 2 seconds
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There could be an option to select the time it shows on screen, it doesn't have to be 2 seconds. (There might even be option that it shows until you click it, or you might choose them to not appear at all). (I understand this kind of improvement would take time to implement, so its only for the future).

(Additionally, the position of the log on the screen could be moved to the side, away from the combat area)

attio26, badgerale, aZaX69 and 3 others like this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I agree, Yu gi oh Duel Links uses this method and its perfectly clear whats going on on screen.

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We call this Visual Combat Log internally and it is something I would LOVE to do.

attio26, Durand and Kampel like this.
  4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I would fully support it with all my forum "likes"

5. Galandra

Galandra The King of Potatoes

Great concept, but displaying the Rune full size sounds a bit much for my 19" monitor. Perhaps showing it half size or just displaying the name would be more practical. And maybe showing just the name might be easier to implement?

6. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

or just a small frame on the lowerright side where you can scroll over the last runes back and forth, if you want, if you dont want then just remove it with under options.
    or as a top right frame, where the cooldown runes are today, there you could have the last runes deployed from both players

aZaX69 likes this.
  7. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

9 thumbs up for this suggestion. Aside from anything intentionally meant to be hidden from the player, wtf just happened events are incredibly annoying. Far too many spells are wtf just happened events.

8. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Get this on the list of things to be done in Q1 2018! You will constantly hear players griping about the panning ingame, this log will fix most of that entirely...you will then only have to fight off the players that want the Visual Combat Log displayed somewhere else; press esc and have a blown up Visual Combat Log displayed would solve a lot of complaints.

Almost every Poxnora First Impressions video this year:
    "Why is my screen panning, I want to look up here...nooo, I don't want to look at that I was trying to select and look at this unit...wait what just happened?"

9. EternalSeito

EternalSeito The King of Potatoes

Also, can the loading text that is displayed when transitioning between screens be moved below the glowing orb?

I feel that would be an improvement.