Are you playing something you enjoy, or something you have lost to?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OriginalG1, May 21, 2017.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Are you playing something you enjoy, or something you have lost to?

2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Always something I enjoy.

Durand likes this.
  3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

About 80% enjoy, 20% win.

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

I play for fun, when i dont enjoy it ill leave. Atm its fun using very small dwarfs, its actually going better then i thought it would using 0 equips, just spells and lots of small dwarfs. sadly the old dwarf playstyle (IS phalanx) is dead and gone, so this is more like a KF playstyle with mobile/teleporting dwarfs hitting here and there.

5. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

I enjoy something way more if it's competitve/I can win consistently with it.

6. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Out of interest, why? Cones/bombs are way weaker than they used to be where they ruled the meta for several years. What, now, makes you think phalanx is dead compared to any other point in the last 7 years?

Maybe in release set and the first few expansions it was good, but fully committing to it has been bad for about as long as anyone can remember, and right now it's likely the most viable it's been for a long time?

7. Hierokliff

Have you seen any of it the last 7 years?
    i havent seen any the last 3 months that ive been back
    tried it a little but it is unplayable, cant be so close, and only 1 commander and 2 battlemasters, warcry is nerfed to Bane Shift etc...
    bombs, aoe, auras are just silly powerful compaired to any defense dwarfs have

pls
    dont say its viable unless your playing it or show me a bg where it is working somewhat
    i tried alot of dwarf and seen alot of IS players try it

no its either some drunk dwarfs
    or some holy paladin
    but no dwarf phalanx

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Most of the time I play stuff I enjoy, however when I get pissy or lose too much I'll pull out SL meta to secure a few easy wins.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  9. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I'm not saying it's viable, i'm saying I can't recall it EVER being a viable tactic except when the game was in it's infancy. Just read your post as if it was a fairly recent change to the state of the game that made it not work anymore, and wondered why you thought that.

Sorry if i misunderstood

10. Hierokliff

sorry, iam grumpy 90% lossrate with FF IS makes me grumpy :p
    but i really miss the good old dwarf bg. Now dwarfs are kinda like goblins, halflings or imps and not powerful battleharden dwarfs that work together. so back to some holy theme instead

11. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I play mostly what i have. A competitive deck costs A lot. I like to have the perfect set up, and often times, I need to feel things out for myself in order to decide. I often invest in useless runes, such as hoarfrost lich or a bonewing

12. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Well, not every theme is current meta. Of course, it's frustrating when your favorite theme is currently meh.

13. fogandsteel

Dice, what runes do you need for a competive deck? I might be able to loan you some that I do not use.

14. fogandsteel

I like demons, I play demons.

Edit: Which is not optimum. To win in this game you have to play all factions a lot, so that you know what exactly your opponent is doing at any given time.

15. DiCEM0nEY

Apreci8 it, but I can run a complete skeleton theme pretty much any way I want at least. If I was going to pay to win try hard, without a doubt I would be running some sort of SL deck.

I also don't even know what I would need, I'd need actual hands on experience with a theme. I own a lot of spirits, FW, but I still feel I would need to try out many more combinations in order to grasp the best way to play them, including splits.

Without a doubt however, SL is completely broken. I personally think UD is super strong as well, but not SL strong.

Garu are also op.

16. fogandsteel

I have only a couple of SL Legs, but I have about half the Exos. KF, I have more. Anyways, if you just want to try and experiment with new runes, I can loan you some runes that I do not use. Just give me a list, and I'll see if I have those. Also, if you need any R/Un/C for your competitive BG, I can help you with those as well.

17. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I play garbage fun bgs or full faction trick bgs, occasionally split abuse nonsense but it's usually super gimmicky and I feel cheap if I win.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I just throw together a random IS deck.

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

If I'm trying to win, I pull out my Shrine-Rush deck, but it makes me feel unclean to use it, since it's super gimmicky and annoying as hell to play against.

My Zoalt deck is my fun deck, though, that I break out when I just want to kick back and don't care so much about winning.

20. DiCEM0nEY

pretty much every deck which isnt meta has to be a gimmick.