We are this community, we make it what it is.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedDain, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Well, I dind't say the trader would go with coins!

If shards didn't even exist, I would suggested a 2nd coin. But I'm unsure if 3 different coins would be OK >.<

2. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

This is the internet its full of ******** waiting to scam you out of your goods it sucks but that's the reality of it so when you decide to sell your stuff on here or you try to be to nice you might get bit in the ass for it.

3. Steelation

Steelation New Member

Here is some food for though.

Why not make ALL runes account bound, but add in a system that allows you to trade copies of your runes that expire with time.
    Copies can be traded for gold, they expire based on rarity and a card of a particular rarity on an account can only have so many copies of itself at one given time.

This could completely remove all this horrid scamfests that is become a core aspect of Poxnora, while at the same time encourage more trading of (copied) cards to new players and support the game's growth. And it would (with much joy) sever the feet from all the tradesharks and scammers who are now left with a whole collection of bound cards that they can only copy and pray that someone exceptionally stupid comes along to buy cards which died down on a ticker.

And as a tradeoff to OWL, players who get to use copies will be more inclined to purchase packs to try the permanent variant of the rune once they are left with the lingering taste of the expired rune. Maybe the marketplace can put out weekly or monthly batches of temporary cards that can be bought and tried out with gold before a player can fork out money or time grinding to get the permanent variant. Make all the runes attainable by crafting, some a massive time sink no doubt, but remove all perceptions of having the strongest cards only attainable from random chances at gambling from packs and boxes. This would not only score brownie points with players who can see you (Owls) as being more generous in your F2P model but make players more inclined to spend money on your "ethical" game buying credits, I know I would and I also would never pay a dime for blatant P2Win models like SOE's...which you are still running on on some extent.

But at the end of the day, if poxnora is ever going to get a second wind, there needs to be a complete re-haul of the purchase and procurement of cards and not only rune balance, CP system, etc. Dump the garbage SOE model of pay to win, gamble packs, gated powercreeps and encouragement of 3rd party handlers/sites for trades.

4. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

Someone mentioned the market on Urban Rivals, another TCG I play. It is a successful game with many players, and even if Pox is much more complex than UR, I think their market strategy would benefit Pox.

If DOG implemented a market a la Urban Rivals (where you could earn gold by playing and spend it on individual, specific champs from players), AND cut the gold win rate down to an appropriate level considering the market (in UR a 2-3 min battle nets you around 3-7 gold; of course Pox battles take longer so they'd be worth a bit more), it would both solve the 'unattainable runes' issue and prevent gold farming abuse. Sellers of a particular rune would have to compete with everyone else that is selling the rune, driving their gold prices down and thereby removing the problems with traders expecting massive overbids. Market prices of individual runes would be wild at first, but eventually they would settle based upon availability/desirability. Then DOG could make their boxes/packs only attainable via $$ and people would still buy them every release due to lack of stock in the market--of course, that's how they would get into the market in the first place! This would eliminate the need for third-party sites to obtain runes, while allowing DOG to avoid starting a 'single-rune store'. It would also make the rune forge mostly obsolete, since players with massive collections can just dump them into the market for extra gold.

It works well for UR, but I realize I'm fairly new to Pox so there may be aspects that I am overlooking or simply hadn't thought of. If so please by all means correct me. But if not, why couldn't Pox adopt a similar system? Nobody in UR complains about the things I've seen over and over (and over) here in the PN forums...

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The trader on Pox could definitely be improved, and having a medium of exchange (such as Gold) would definitely bring benefits.

Boozha and Tarathil like this.
  6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

So much. Right now I want to trade my runes for 10% profit, but how can people measure off 10%? They either overbid and I feel bad or underbid and I either don't accept or accept because feeling bad, or split it up into shitty runes I can't trade away again ...
    I want a medium, barter trade is for kids.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

The following is also for "kids", as you will see: