Lodestone megalith

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by super71, May 6, 2017.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

The changes look great, Guardians really needed that ap gen to keep them relevant so I'm please the most with this. Also really happy that's Guardians Light can target friendly champions...any unit that can swarm/summon extra units paired with Megalith is going to be really annoying imo.

2. aseryen

like @Hierokliff said IS/ST can get to be a problem, but I also agree with @super71 that it kind of can be said for every other unit under those same conditions or thinking.

I don't really have much to say about power creep since that does seem to be what hooks players into a game, relevant patches that make what they own playable and viable. Course I personally would like to see a flood of runes rather than a continuous cycle of adjusting runes. Its not like there are god awful adjustments so really any complaining becomes nit picking from me until the Expansion.

As for getting more than two units deployed while only owning one or two of that unit can be accomplished several ways...

IS/ST Soulpainter - Take Form
    IS/SP Clay Form - Take Form
    IS/KF - Grimlic's Mirror (never played this)
    IS/FW - Exhume
    FF IS Spare Parts/Clockwork Swarm

Spare Parts/Clockwork Swarm can also be Split to fit any other faction; doubling up on 'Duplicate Modules' doesn't have enough overall support, may not be the case because of Megalith/Guardian's Light...these buffs are actually really really good. But idk for PvP

Resurrect (Shroud of Al'mara)

Id say each bg has their strengths and weaknesses, none are really going to be PvP viable since these are pretty obvious and expensive combos but perhaps with a small enough module in an OP/abusive bg so that it is only 3-5 runes mixed in perhaps the combination of runes can get to be far too abisive. However I like this realm of deck building when a small set of runes that make up a module can be played in other bgs and still have the same power. The challenge is getting an even amount of small modules viable in each faction which I think Pox already has.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

But there is no ap gen? if the ability cost 1AP to use instead of current 0AP, but you get 1AP back if you target a guardian instead of another champion.
    No the big difference will be having 5 space between Lodestones and its guardians and +1range.
    it was a typo that lead me to believe it would go nuts with 3 guardians stacking stats for a total 1-9range possible.
    But now when thats cleared up, i think it can be an ok buff.

Testing it still in PvP, the most annoying thing is that its magicaldamage and lethargic, i really dislike that disability.
    Most fun was i killed K'ento with it, a ST player that goes into sentinel in range of my own sentinel unit, muahahahah in your face K'ento! to really shine this monster needs its entourage of dwarf handler, silverclan tinkerer and then guard tower and a commander.

4. aseryen

I'd say now with the buff to Guardians Light and the stats to the units the drawback from not receiving new summons is manageable since Gairdian's Light can now target other units.

However it will always be a Nora hit which is going to be why this rune can have these stats in the first place.

Imo Resurrect > Grimlic's Mirror especially because we are discussing a Construct.

Spare Parts can be used which imo can be situationally better when your opponent can't defend against another Construct being bestowed with Sentinel while Megalith comes off cd from Resurect which can then be deployed to have two summons deployed; and then maybe a late game Grimlic's Mirror midfont to lockout your opponent.

Initial investment
    ~85nora Megalith
    ~69nora Builder
    ~76nora Veilwalker ( or a second Megalith)
    30nora Shroud
    35 Spare Parts

Total: 265nora

Then after Resurrect has put Megalith off cd

~85nora Megalith
    80nora Mirror

Total: 160nora

For Two Megaliths from one: Total ~425nora and if using two Megaliths that's three plus Megaliths for ~430-500nora if running x2 Mirror's and Megalith's

If paired with Spare Parts and Clockwork Swarm that's another breakdown altogether.

5. aseryen

Well considering they didn't have it in the first place and possibly never would have, that extra little drive is nice. I think it could be 2ap but most likely at the cost of stats somewhere else. Really idm just the 1ap.

Really the Guardians are nice and definitely help boost Megalith but in the case where all the Guardians get destroyed I would just slap Spare Parts on Megalith, rush with it; potentially have Majestic on it from Kingmaker's Gift; then use Resurrect from Shroud and another Megalith(Priest/Paladin/Shaman)

Or run

Vinetouch Pedestal
    Megalith
    Bouncer
    Spare Parts
    G. Mirror
    Shroud

Paired with whatever else that works such as;

Clockwork Swarm
    Silverclan Hoplite
    Kingmaker
    Vicar
    Splinehawk
    Rockforger

Splits are easy to build for.

6. Hierokliff

In my games in PvP the guardians where never killed before the Megalith, its because of first range 1-5 on Megalith, then I hide the guardians 2+2 steps behind the Megalith, which would require the enemy to charge 9 squares almost. Sure they got ranged units. No the Megalith was onerounded or turned into a snail, or got hit by a pureblood (now that True Nature or Metamorphis are just silly powerful) so changed the BG more and more to try to get the Megalith to survive, and thats a bad bg.

Hmm yeah lost the guardians in a fight against SL, vindrax and skybreakers AoE killed them.

7. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

no it was the third guardian i ment when i called OP, i was allready thinking of a grimlics mirror deck that would let you have a bunch of these out all with 3 guardian bonuses

8. Hierokliff

... used wrong client, so removed wrong info :)

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  9. Hierokliff

Might still work with Medal of Valor? since it gets range 1 every turn i think i saw MoV set Battle Leader on this unit and then the range was buffed to 1-5 from guardians
    But it was a strange game so not bug reporting it, just posting here and maybe somebody else can help test this new brutal monster :)

10. Hierokliff

Something is strange with it, no idea if the AI cast spells on it, but it looks like it gets +1spd / turn
    upload_2017-5-24_19-1-21.png

11. Hierokliff

hah, dc'ed for a few minutes and when i came back
    upload_2017-5-24_19-8-56.png

12. Hierokliff

hehe another dc and well time to win
    upload_2017-5-24_19-13-53.png

13. Hierokliff

just to be a party pooper, there is NO ap gen on this one. They changed the ability to cost 1 AP instead of 0 AP like it used to, so when you target a tiny guardian you get that AP back.
    This unit really needs a bless of al'mara on it so it gets flying.
    It is useful with the mystic forge, since the guardians cant do much, and if lucky they get the crossbow, and if kinda lucky you get axeman's fate and then just deploy a master axeman and steal it. so its good 2 out of 3 times.

but besides giving it provindence to increase range i havent found so many combo runes to use with this amazing flying rock
    Stonearm sash worked also really good in a troll deck, and with the sentinel upgrade, its all about positioning it ok, so if it gets 20+dmg fast with stonearm sash and tons of hp its a nice win.

14. aseryen

Idm that the ability costs 1AP, when I make a Megalith deck I'll prolly find a way to maximize Sentinel, and use the AP for placement/contesting rather than Dmg.

I may run it in an UD/IS split with GK to get those ideal abilities but I will prolly find a more favorable play style to maximize Megalith than GK.

If I play Megalith it pretty much is the focus of the bg imo.

Rockforger has Rocklings so I prefer those units over just the two Guardians. Rockforger/Rocklings already have RD which now can generate even more once UF gets slapped onto Forger. It'd be better to run a Forger and one Megalith so that you can have the Guardians/Megalith in the back and use Rockforger/Rocklings to get Guardians Light.

Rockforger is also a better Kingmaker pair than Lodestone and if Rockforger has Pilgrams Offering from ST its pretty much GG. Plus all the synergies that ST/IS has works more in favor for Forger than Megalith imo.

15. Hierokliff

Yeah i did run it today with some RD units, it is very powerful now. Poor players wasnt ready for it, and it is a BOT killer :)
    it has a huge bulletmark on it though, and is kinda easy to counter/kill
    i really like that i can have the guardians far behind and still use it, think there is a difference now that it checks 1/turn and not 1/movement, so i can get range 1-5 move the Megalith and it keeps its range.
    if there are terrain in the map i do use a bless of al'mara as fast as possible on it, its a wasted 25nora really but its hard to maneuver 2x2 units

it is probably horrible to fight in a IS/UD split :)
    sad i cant watch you play some sologames with it, but hope you fix a vid on it

aseryen likes this.
  16. aseryen

I'll be playing PvP more, haven't had the time now that i got a new job which is ok since the delay in gaming just means I will be coming back to a more complete game.

Having a job means I have a schedule though so I plan to stream when I can and get videos posted on my days off.

Agreed 2x2 units are a nightmare.