Low energy Trump, too tired to talk about "radical Islamic terrorism"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, May 23, 2017.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

As @Ragic so kindly mentioned in another thread, some bombings happened on in the UK. For sure it's the muslims.

Master negotiator Donald Trump just gave a speech in Saudi-Arabia about Islam. Quote: calling Islam "one of world's great faiths,". /quote.

The god emperor also did not use the words "radical islamic terrorism", for which he and conservatives previously blasted Obama, because "call it like it is". Trump instead gave a very nice speech about how lovely Islam is and how we can work together. Pretty different from the campaign rhetoric.

Is Trump really smart or does he just not have the balls to say it to the Saudi's face? Who will tell.

Afterwards Trump was unable to deliver a second speech, because he was exhausted, so his daughter gave the speech instead. Low energy, sad. Bigly sad.

Guess backing up tough talk is yugely difficult for the Donald. Stay tuned.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/21/politics/trump-islam-inconsistent/
    https://www.vox.com/2017/5/21/15671...peech-muslim-ban-inoffensive-good-versus-evil

davre and nepyonisdead like this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

he also ate his hamburger with his left hand, had 3 green stripes on his socks and raised his right eyebrow for 1.74 seconds. Clearly aliens have attached and he's giving the chosen few a chance to get to the New Ark before chaos abounds.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

BurnPyro likes this.
  4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

baskit, piesky, any of y'all really-

at this point would you say you're more pro-trump, or anti-liberal? given that i consider you to be reasonably intelligent people, it would come as something of a shock to me if you were still fully willing to believe in trump (assuming you ever had, i guess)

5. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Honestly I just think he is the biggest child ever, he will trash you senselessly if he feels threatened and will praise u back if u say something nice about him. He has a childs view of the world and worst of all he has no spine to stand by what he says when he is confronted by it.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

the UK guy, I forget who it was, cba looking it up
    this
    hugely relevant, who cares about policy

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Ed milliband.

The bacon butty that killed his dreams.

On one hand, it does show how the press can turn pretty much anything they want into a big issue, you just need to repeat it enough times.

On the other hand, it's stupid how posh as Firk politicians try some stunt to prove they are relatable to the working class. Like going to a caf and getting a butty, or when Cameron tried to eat a hot dog.... with a knife and fork... it just proves how foreign it is to them.

As much as I hate Farage, at least he could drink a pint without looking like he had to read a manuel on it before hand.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    BurnPyro likes this.
  8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'm more anti-media than anything at this point. They're completely unwilling to report things honestly and I'm getting to a point where mockery is my only defense against getting angry.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

fairynuff

how possible do you think it is that some things are reported correctly, but you don't wanna hear it because it was in a way that doesn't jive right with you or because it's something you don't want to believe or agree with?

BurnPyro likes this.
  10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I don't see how this changes how Trump is one of the most awful candidates in recent history, if not the worst.

He gets nothing done, everything he promises he either does not do or does half baked and his whole spiel of
    1. im the best and everyone else is bad
    2. drain the swamp, im a man of the people

has completely fallen apart. He's surrounded him with the richest cabinet in history, he cuts taxes for the rich constantly and keeps making rookie mistake after rookie mistake. Just emberassing to watch him attempt to govern. Not even getting onto how half his cabinet has already been fired and been replaced at this point, everything about this presidency is freakishly poorly done.

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Okay.

Saandro likes this.
  12. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

or put another way, what, if anything, do you like about trump? how do you feel that thing has been misrepresented (assuming you feel it has, which seems like a fair assumption)?

13. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Oh there's definitely things that are reported correctly, don't get me wrong there. And yeah, some of those things aren't things I like to hear, but that isn't my problem. I'd much rather hear things that are uncomfortable but true and form my own opinion than be forcefed whatever opinion someone else has about something. I'm not just blaming MSM here for this either. Much of the more popular "alternate" media has the same issue.

I like the reaction that the business world has had to Trump, my 401k went up about 10% in the last few months, for example, after being on the way down the 5 years previous that I had it (not counting me putting money in, of course). I like the reaction that many of my military friends have had to his leadership. Regardless of whether or not you see it, they do, and it's kind of inspiring, even. I like that he's made internet memes great again, either through doing something weird that gets mocked relentlessly or through inspiring the usual meme factories, they've gotten considerably better in recent years. I could probably continue, but I just barely got up, so I'm not in full-brain-mode yet, and so I'm sure this post is even poorly worded or less-fleshed-out that I think it is, but yeah.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Op forgot to mention that while he was in middle ea-t- he also used a palantir to make contact with the dark lord Sauron
    [​IMG]

Etherielin, NevrGonaGivUup and SPiEkY like this.
  15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

What have you been investing in?
    upload_2017-5-23_12-58-42.png

Seems to me praising Trump for anything relating to business or economy is premature considering it's on the same trajectory as all of last year (and for much of the recovery since 2008).

Astamir and BurnPyro like this.
  16. Sokolov

What, specifically, do your friends like? What actions has Trump taken that demonstrates said leadership?

I don't think this is Trump's doing.

17. Sokolov

My perspective is that the outrage against "MSM" is largely manufactured. Are there bad outlets on both sides? Yes.

Are outlets like NYT one of these? Not by a long shot. I have made this challenge to many people who dislike the media, but go visit the New York Times website right now and read through some articles (not Op-Eds, which are, by definition, someone's personal opinions) and come back and tell me, truthfully, that more than a few qualify as bad journalism or fake news. At the same time, visit Brietbart or Infowars and tell me that the majority of those isn't a load of hot garbage.

So when people are basically trying to tell me that all MSM is basically the same as Infowars, I have to ask, "WTF are they smoking?"

Again, this is not to say that there aren't problems with journalism, but honestly, no one who dislikes the media has ever demonstrated to me that they are looking at it empirically, nor have they been able to show that something has changed. When I look at archives of old articles compared to new ones, I see largely the same kind of reporting from the big outlets like NYT so I am not sure what people think has changed. From my POV, the thing that's changed is that instead of critically thinking about reporting and recognizing that of course every journalist has a bias, people just evaluate things based on ideology and throw everything out ("lol, <outlet> is so biased it's all fake news! I can't believe you linked an article from them!")

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I don't personally manage my account, so I'm not totally sure, but it was definitely going down until this year. I don't know what the specifics are that caused that change, though.

Please don't conflate me liking something for "praising" it. You have a habit of doing that, putting words in people's mouths that they didn't say. Please stop it.

I'd have to ask them and get back to you on the specifics, but their facebook pages are littered with pro-trump/military memes and they've all been in a good mood the last year or so.

Not directly, no, but I do feel like he inspired this, at least to a degree. As someone that's been swimming (read: drowning) in the heart of internet memes for the last 10 years, I can safely say that Trump's presence at least contributed to the memes we have now.

19. Sokolov

The question was "What do you like about Trump?"

The first thing you answered was that your 401k was going up. Is telling someone what you like about someone not a form of praise usually? I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but this doesn't like an unreasonable interpretation of your words.

At the same time, it wasn't specifically directed at you either, I think it's generally true at those measures shouldn't be attributed to Trump - and I said the same thing under Obama. In fact, in general, I don't actually think Presidents have much of an influence on general economic trends - something I have said before as well.

Either way, apologies if I misread you.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Wilbur Ross :"No one was protesting us in Saudi Arabia, they must really like us!"
    (protesting is a serious crime in Saudi Arabia)

BurnPyro likes this.