Goodbye Pox, I'm afraid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengercm, May 23, 2017.

1. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

I don't want to be negative here but I can't.

Look at last month APB reloaded. It was shut down and I see the same thing with this. I mean I could get why the ps4 version would be buggy but the PC version.

1) The gui with the playstation shortcuts etc.
    2) Everything is unresponsive.
    3) It's the rough moving things.
    4) The menu looks way more empty.
    5) The res for everything is lower
    6) Clicking everything is horrible.
    7) Some shortcuts are awful
    8) damage, nora numbers are waaaay too big.

I'm sorry if this is too harsh or you're tired of seeing negative feedback but I think it's over.

2. zer0sum

zer0sum The King of Potatoes

I am fairly disappointed with the new client because I find it less functional than the old client. I do see that there are some neat new features in there - lots of nice usability and feedback. That said, it feels a little bit clunky and the limited FOV really kills me. Also I took a look at the C# assembly and I'm pretty sure I could hack this client to shreds and potentially cheat if I were so inclined. Devs should obfuscate their code and improve the high-res presentation. Until then I'm not going to play.

Gnomes and Regulate like this.
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Jeez.

4. laminasaga

laminasaga New Member

I love that I'm not entirely sure if that is an insult or a compliment. =P

Tweek516 and SPiEkY like this.
  5. laminasaga

laminasaga New Member

Oh, I am well aware of the resilience of cockroaches. If you put cockroaches in a microwave and turn it on, you know what happens to them? Nothing. They are immune to radiation. If we wind up nuking the planet, there are only two things that will be left: cockroaches and scorpions (some, if not all, scorpions share the cockroaches' immunity to radiation). But normally, when you call someone or something a cockroach, it is meant as an insult. So it's funny to see it used as a positive. =P

I've been playing almost as long. I started in January 2008 but just came back after being gone for about five and a half years (due to reasons I'm too lazy to get in to, but suffice it to say that it was account issues on SOE's end). I was so happy to find out that Pox Nora is still up and running, and the fact that it was migrated away from SoE allowed me to get back my account, of which I'm absolutely thrilled. ^_^

6. Revengercm

Same here. Never playing them game if looks like that.

Yeah. Sure. If you call 50-100 players a living fan base for a game.

WE needed this man!!! I was tired of playing vs the pros all the time. PoxNora is not a noob game that everyone can learn and on top it off, people who play it are way too good because lets be honest, those low levels are never seen in ranked.

7. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

Don't be afraid....its going to be ok

8. spineyftw

spineyftw I need me some PIE!

First game was in 2007 when I was 12 years old. Been on and off ever since.

As far as being afraid, I don't think Pox is going anywhere. But yes, I'd love to see more players online. I agree that the new client could've been miles better than this before it was launched.

9. Revengercm

I used to play a game called The Conduit on the wii, I remember it was a small community in there.

I mean it's fun that you get to know because of the small amount of people but I like having people to play with.

10. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Sooo.... The reason we wanted a new client, was because the old one was to buggy, and that was because we had somanny different developers and coders all work on the game a bit differently and mess up the code...ect.

And now that we have a new client that has only been worked on by one team its still buggy as all hell and apparently it can be hacked into ???

Like what the Literal Firk?

11. Capitulator

Capitulator I need me some PIE!

I doubt it can be hacked. The client should only send commands to the server which actually runs the game. All hacking the client would let you do is send incorrect commands which should just give you "invalid target" type messages.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the code but this is the standard way to do it and it'd take a pretty incompetent designer to make it work any other way.

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think the writing has been on the wall for this release since they announced it. It was always seemed like a poison chalice, but one I guess they couldn't refuse.

Still, pox has proven resilient so far and as with the steam release it may prove worthwhile in the long run.

13. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I don't quite understand what's going on behind this, is the idea that they've been paid by sony to adapt it for ps4? With ps4 intending, in return, to profit off pack sales?

14. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Every game I've witnessed so far has someone dcing. The first ranked game I played with Ulfheobar we both dced and a random snow blind triggered.

15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

No, I mean that the offer of a PS port has such potential rewards for Pox that it had to be taken, even if they knew that they might not be able to pull it off.

It's like if you are playing a big pot in poker, and someone puts you all in with cards to come. You might know that you have only a 25% chance of making the hand, but if the cost to you is less than 25% of the pot then you should still call, even though you'll probably lose - because if you do win it is worth enough to justify the gamble.

Likewise with Pox, they cannot get decent return on advertising any more, but by putting a niche product on a PlayStation store they get sudden access to a huge market - if it is a well done and fun product it has potential to take off massively, which is worth a gamble.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

that guy looks to be just talking out of his ass.

17. zer0sum

zer0sum The King of Potatoes

Well, if that's what it looks like to you then I'm sure it's true. I don't think this game is popular enough to attract a dedicated cracker; I've been playing for a decade and I'm sad to see the game die. This client will kill it without a ton more work. You guys should check out Longsword Tabletop Tactics instead.
    www.longswordgame.com

18. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

This new client is just HORRENDOUS!

I've had so many games where it just freezes, and I just can't move. Usually, I can force-quit and relog in to join my game, and I can move again. Sometimes, even after rejoining, I still can't move. I can't even surrender. I just have to force-quit and relog in to surrender.

Gosh, it is so terribly bad. I don't think it could have been made worse unless you tried.

So disappointed...

19. animalw

animalw Well-Known Member

And you still have a hacker in that crap? Did the guy lock my screen when it was time for me play? I closed the game quickly in seconds! and when I came back the guy was playing in my turn! and killing my units! what crap have hacker in here too !! this happened 3 times followed!

Conclusion I did not play! I've lost !! Now when I play pve it works normal !!
    And my internet connection is good and has not failed because I'm playing pve at that moment
    I already fought with others in pvp! And it never happened to me! Never again never

This is the name ==> barney2000

20. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

wot

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.