PS4 - The biggest problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Regulate, May 23, 2017.

1. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

For a moment, ignore all the technical issues, etc

... I am not the best player but i'm pretty good. I know what the hell i'm doing.

I installed it on the ps4. I can promise you that it's utterly unplayable to a decent standard given the limitations of a controller + the ui.

What was the point of any of this?

2. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I gave it a go on the ps4 and unfortunately I too feel it is unplayable.

Regulate likes this.
  3. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I didn't even get to experience an overly complex game-state and still felt this way : (

4. DemonicDraco

DemonicDraco New Member

Won't even load a game for me, went through the trouble of recovering 9 year old accounts thinkin I'd check it out on ps4, not today I suppose.

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

So its really that hard to control?

6. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I fought the controls for half a bot match before I deleted it. Life's too short.

7. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Man. This sucks. There is nothing like PoxNora and it's a shame it's going like this.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, did anyone think you could play a turn, timer based strategy game with a controller?

Honestly though, that was my on my top 3 "things why this is probably a bad idea". Then again, Pox wasn't doing great either way, worth the gamble.

9. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I agree that it's probably never going to translate well to a controller, but there has to be a better way than this. The smartest part is selecting between units with the R1 and L1. The dumbest is attaching all the navigation to the right stick, making it hyper sensitive, obscuring what's actually selected at any given time, and then resetting selections if you so much as look at the right stick funny.

BurnPyro likes this.