Poxnora Plays Best on Steam!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aseryen, May 23, 2017.

1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Anyone thinking of making the dive into PSN should really consider Steam. Steam still allows for trading and has controller support. If you already have a rig I definitely recommend purchasing a Steam Controller the next time they come on sale!

Best games to play with a Steam Controller:

Path of Exile
    Poxnora
    Defiance
    Hand of Kuhl...RIP

I'll be playing Fall of Oriath with the Steam controller once that is released so if anyone wants to play another game, I mostly play PoE.

nepyonisdead, Hierokliff and Kampel like this.
  2. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I'll play with my keypad+mouse thank you very much.

3. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Jokes on you I'll be using my joy stick to whoop yo asses xD

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I have a stream controller, and pox would be the perfect game for it honestly with the new client. Do you have a custom config you use for it? Does it play as a controller and keyboard+hybrid? Because that would be perfect.

5. aseryen

I will post my configurations when I have finished mapping them, I'll also do a demonstration video since there are several ways I think it may be comfortable to play.

I am left handed so I use the left trackpad as a mouse region and the right as a touch menu. The L-analog stick has been set to scroll up/down when flicking left or right. Up will display Rune Details while ingame(esc) and select will bring up options(esc)

Since Esc works differently ingame and on the title screens I think it feels best having two different macros for myself to display Rune details(L-analog stick up) and Options (Select)

Of course someone could make a touchpad with all the hot keys but that takes up part of the sreen which is unappealing for streams imo.

6. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

"Pox plays best on Steam"

No it doesn't:
    [​IMG]

nepyonisdead likes this.
  7. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

This is the one Firking message that should be posted over and over instead of the garbage people are spewing

8. aseryen

@haroldkin are you launching it as a non-Steam game?

Download the external launcher/client

Open Steam outside of Big Picture mode

Bottom left, add a game; add a non-Steam game

Search for Poxnora to add to your library

Launch from Big Picture Mode to have access to Steam Controller configurations

I'm on my phone rn so I'm not 100% sure if that is the exact process but I will make some videos demonstrating the whole process. From uninstalling a previous client to reinstalling the new one and adding it on Steam, I'm almost certain though that we won't need to add it as a non-Steam game for much longer though.

9. haroldkin

Nope, within the client. The error is presumably because the Mac client has yet to be updated on Steam.

10. aseryen

Ahh, sorry I couldn't help then.

Sucks that there still needs to be work done to get Steam to add a non-Steam game just because it's running on a Mac.

But don't worry/stress yourself out, you'd prolly get more frustrated if the client actually launched. Going to be some time before the Deck Manager doesn't bug out due to Filters so my best advice rn is to study the patch notes and map out what you want to play until the player made expansion is released.

11. haroldkin

Yes, that is the philosophy I'm trying to adopt. All the same, it irks me every time I see a post about 'New Client Available' or 'Give us feedback on the new client' etc, etc. I've been wanting to do that since the beta was announced, but alas, we on the island of Maclokai have not been allowed to partake just yet.

aseryen likes this.
  12. haroldkin

BTW, I followed your instructions and to my surprise Steam added a second Pox Nora installation within the client. Launching the Non-Steam Mod version of Pox Nora produces this:
    [​IMG]

So, not much better.

aseryen, Hierokliff, Durand and 3 others like this.
  13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Christ, that seems like some illuminati stuff.

14. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

̗̠̭͔̰̒̐ͫ̃ͨͨ̿ͬ͑̔̾̑̚.̺͉̦̟͓͍̻̯͚̳̦͍̰̖͖̇̈́ͣ̏
    ̬̱̬̣̯͕̲͈̙̻̞̦͕̪̩̜̞̗̰ͤ͌̿ͮͫy̳̣̙̦̘̐ͦ̔ͩͥͤ̂́̔ͮ͂ͪ̿̎̋̒̚o͉̪͙̤̬̬͎̩̪̙̬̺͎͍̲̣͍͚͂̅͐̂͂̐͑́͊̽ͤű͔͚̻̘̙͎͔̻̲̻̣͚̖̞̲͛ͧ̐̅ͦͬ̓̽ ̱̭̱̜͚̼̤̳̣̤̟͔̯ͥ͗̄̅ͦ̅́͆m͖͈̗̜͙̽̀̈͐̾ͯ̈̆̃̂e͎̳̥͔̠̞̲̞͚̯ͩ̇ͭ̑ͤ͆ͬ̋̎̾̍̓͊̌ͮ͋͌ͅa̟̗̞̟̜̭̫̥͍̬̭̱̩ͤ̈̂ͮͫ͑̌̿̾̐ͅn̹̟̠̥͈̱̯͒͒ͩ̇ͥ͛̇ ̳̫͙̫͎̎͛͒͂̉ͮ̋͗c̬͎̗̩̥͎̣̾̋̾͑ͥͮt̫̣̝͓̣̱̞̘̯͊ͬ̇ͮ̀̎͊ͥ͋h͖̥͙͔̲͎̲̘̗̩̜̿͆͛ͬ͌ͮͦ̓͌͊̌ͫ̚u̦̰̥̩̜ͣ̊͐̊̎ͤ̔̈l̹̜̹͖̩̻̘͔̞͍͓̮̣̝̬̠̠̤̿̏ͩͭ̒ͨ̀̇̿ͧͥͨͫ͐̉̋ͅu̼̞̞͚͖͖̹̤ͥͭ̒͌͂̉̈́ͭͥ͛ͬ̆͐̒ ̯̻̙̙̜̰ͮ̿̍̈̎̌̀ͮ̇͑͗̚ͅs̜͚̩̪͙̹̾͋̀̃̌ͧ̓ͮ͛̏̅ͨ̔ͫͤ̓̚t̼̮͇̻͉̠̲̠͈̥̺̟̰͚͓̞̣ͬͭ̀͆̓ͭͭ̓̋̿ͣ̑̈́u̺̩̣̖̱͎͈͚͊̎͛̿̓̇̃ͥ̄ͭ̃͋͋́ͮf̙͈̱͍̤̞̝͚̜̺̦͚̈́ͭͩͧͧ͒͆ͫͪͭ͆ͅͅf͍̘̗͇͑͌͊̈̚ ͉͕̲̰͉̣̻̜̹̫̯̤͙̙̳̆̏̒̚ͅṟ̥̯̘̟̮̈ͣ̉͋ͧ̃ͬ̾̊̇͛̉͒́̇̋ī̞̻̥͍͍̳̘̔ͩ̈̆ͮͩ͛͌̃ͤͮg̙͚̯͖̳͇̞ͣ́̐ͦ̚ẖ̪͈̲̜̣͖̞̙̻̙̳̻̩͖̼͂ͧ̒̾ͯ̾͛̑͂̓̓ͩ̊̋̀͐̀̚̚t͍͎̪̤ͧ̃̑ͦ̈ͮ̐͗̇͛̓̂̒ͦ̂̎̅̅̅ͅ?̞̻̼̭̜̮͎̻͕͍̞̩ͣͮ͌̃͂̏

aseryen and Durand like this.
  15. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

At least now we know the true allegiance of that demon bunny.

aseryen likes this.