Fox News on Seth Rich

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ohmin, May 16, 2017.

1. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Fox News is reporting an anonymous investigator has come forward claiming to have verified that Seth Rich was connected to the DNC Wikileaks thing back during the 2016 election. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...contact-with-wikileaks-investigator-says.html

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem anything more than circumstantial proof has actually been released, which puts it essentially on the same level as the CIA's assessment that the DNC leaks were a result of Russian hacks.

Technically, they aren't mutually exclusive theories either, but either one turning up as solid would likely cast further doubt on the seeming competing theories.

Regardless, hopefully more of the truth of these incidents will come out, and whomever killed Rich will be brought to justice.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Relatedly:

upload_2017-5-16_21-7-18.png

BurnPyro likes this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

This may not be proof, but this is what I would want explained:
    Note: This was an statement from a federal investigator, not the PI guy.

So, the DNC guy, who has really no reason to correspond with the WikiLeaks guy happens to send him 45k emails with 18k attachments. Ok, so it wasnt the leaked documents. Great. Just tell us what it was?

Whats most funny is how Sokograph lines up behind a Clinton Foundationer attempting to discredit.

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

There is almost $200k in reward money available for information leading to an arrest (130k from a lobbyist, 25k from DC police, 20k from wikileaks) so we know it wasnt "street" violence or some hoodrat who had never seen more than $100 bux at one time would be singing by now.

5. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

We actually don't know if they were the leaked documents or not. While Guccifer 2.0 claimed responsibility for the DNC hacks and Crowdstrike concluded that two Russians hacked the DNC we don't actually know who gave the documents to Wikileaks. Obviously, there are far more emails and attachments allegedly being transferred by Rich to MacFadyen than Wikileaks has published, but that doesn't mean much (and again it's possible Wikileaks got the documents from multiple sources as well).

6. Sokolov

By the way, what does it mean that the family has released a statement that the PI isn't supposed to talk to the press, but he is doing it anyway? Is the family being pressured to keep something quiet? Or is it lies as the family claims?

I am honestly not sure what a lot of this means in the greater context. Ok, so if he was the leaker, what does it mean about his death?

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

A couple other possibilities are that the family doesn't want to see Seth get accused essentially of political espionage post-mortem, especially if they for whatever reason don't believe the leaks would be associated to the murder (assuming they believe him to have been involved). I don't think people really think all that well of Barker and his crew (assuming anyone knows who they are these days), and they at least had a chance to explain themselves.

And of course the other being that it isn't lies, but the family believes it is for whatever reason.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

somehow this is relevant, but trump sharing classified info straight up with russia isnt

"but her emails"

meanwhile the sitting president is in way deep, but mitch, Firk do I care about, mcconnel doesn't deem it necessary to get an independant investigator

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  9. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Tell me more about the lesbian teen gangs?

NevrGonaGivUup and BurnPyro like this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I'm not sure you know what you're talking about here.

Yes, this is relevant. Heck, it's relevant to the hyper-sensitivity of anything involving Trump and Russians. If, as alleged by the investigator (and Wheeler seperately) Seth Rich is the source of Wikileaks DNC documents, and not the Russians as so many intelligence agencies have claimed, it turns a lot of the current political spectrum on it's head.

No one here has said that Trump sharing info is irrelevant (at least not yet, maybe Ragic or someone will come in and throw that down since it's been brought up). Personally I'm waiting on more information, as it still seems to be rapidly evolving. Supposedly Russia will release the transcript of the meeting as well, though I'm sure you will (rightly) be highly skeptical of any such publication on their end, but it might provide a sounding for the matter.

Again, it's certainly relevant but there's more yet to learn about the matter. I'll probably make a thread on it if you don't beat me to it.

Seth Rich's murder and alleged ties to Wikileaks has nothing to do with the Clinton Private Email Server thing (or at least no one has claimed any such connection). Not sure why you seem to be bringing it up, though I could have misunderstood what you were getting at with "but her emails."

11. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

imagine he was working for the Trump campaign. I'm sure lots of interesting theories will suddenly come to you.

btw, ive been hearing about a bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in the UK all day today. Yet nothing about it on this forum. Just how long does it take reality to penetrate your bubbles?

super71 likes this.
  12. Comissar

Comissar I need me some PIE!

Long enough to allow people to wake up, I imagine. It happened while I was asleep, I imagine the same or similar is true for the other European posters. Also, as yet, the source of the explosion is unconfirmed, though it has been suggested to be a terror attack. If you want to discuss it further, probably worth creating a new topic to avoid derailing this one.

Ohmin likes this.
  13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@Ragic what would a new thread accomplish?

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

dunno, but I went along I did it anyway

Geressen likes this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

The family of a person doesn't like that person being accused of espionage?

What a shock.

Even if they DO think he is do you really think they'd want that accusation? You wouldn't need to pay them off, it's a natural reaction for family members to deny wrong-doing of other family members... especially those that cannot defend themselves.

In any event...

What I love about the article you linked though is that it talks about the story, even has the headline of another article linked claiming that the story of Seth Rich's alleged connection to Wikileaks was "discredited within hours."

Yet neither within the article you posted, nor any other article it links to, do they show anything that discredited the story. There are a number of attacks against Wheeler, to be sure, but even they don't actually show him to be lying. More importantly, Wheeler isn't the story. It's the (lamentably) anonymous Federal Investigator that claims to have discovered the emails and attachments sent to MacFadyen.

It's a real shame honestly, it's had it's bad moments in the past to be sure, but CNN just seems to be getting worse and worse.

Well, in any event, this will probably by my last post of this forum for a while at least.

It's been fun discussing things with you all, even if at times also frustrating.

I hope you all do well in your lives, and continue to enjoy this and other topics.

Fare well.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I'm sorry, but your basis is Fox News and a disgraced PI.

Exactly how is "CNN getting worse and worse" when Fox News can peddle the most bullshit stories and get away with it. Fox News lies on the daily and viewers eat it up. They bring so called experts on all the time, people with no credentials at all, so they can fearmonger and further their agenda.

Sure CNN might have issues, but let's not pretend that CNN is getting worse and worse while conveniently forgetting that this is a story peddled by /r The_Donald for the last few months until it got picked up by Fox News and other credibly far right media.

18. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

19. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

That his death was a clear murder in attempt to silence him, not merely a botched robbery. Now ask who would be in a position to know most about it, have the most to gain and be able to pull it off? The answer is someone high in the Clinton campaign, the Obama Administration or the DNC.

Davre that snopes.com article you linked only claimed the claim was false, but really didn't explain why it was false. There was some verbiage there, but it looked more like attacking the messenger rather than actually disputing the message. I would rate the assessment as unconvincing.

The last couple days I caught a part of the Sean Hannity Show on the way home and he played an audio of Jullian Assange's (sp?) interview with a Dutch interviewer. Assange was describing the risks people take getting him the information and he immediately went into discussing Seth Rich's death. One can clearly infer though he didn't state it outright that Seth was A source though not necessarily the only source of the DNC emails leaked by Wikileaks.

It makes as much sense as any of these other conspiracy theories that have been thrown around by the media over the last several months. Think about it. You have a disgruntled democrat staffer who is unhappy about how Bernie Sanders was being treated during the primary campaign, decides to leak emails to Wikileaks and gets murdered for it.

20. Sokolov

Or he was working with Trump's administration and the murder was to tie up the loose end.

Or he was working with the Russians and the murder was to tie up the loose end.

Or he was working for Sanders and Clinton found out and killed him.

Or it's all a false flag operation.

Or he had a ton of gambling debt.

Or he was involved in some other shady stuff that got him killed.

I mean, any of these are possible and just as likely at this point given the complete lack of any actual evidence.

Is there evidence that he was disgruntled? According to this family, he had just gotten a promotion and was excited to work on Clinton's campaign?

As far as I can tell, the evidence against this being legitimate are very high - you have basically got the word of ONE dude whose trustworthiness is questionable who has presented no evidence and who has a motivation to paid the PD in a bad light and who HIMSELF has issues with Fox's version of the story:
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoe...ton-conspiracy?utm_term=.yppMmKV6b#.qu3D71Zxm

"Rod Wheeler, who has been investigating the murder of Seth Rich, told BuzzFeed News he hadn't seen any emails linking the DNC staffer to WikiLeaks."

I mean, when the key guy literally contradicts the Fox narrative, why is anyone still buying it?

~

At least the Russia stuff has smoke. This has less than smoke.

Is the murder suspicious? Hell yea. Is there any proof that the Clinton/DNC did it? Not that I can see. Are they the only ones who would gain from the murder? No (as we are seeing now, the murder is being used to discredit the DNC - who benefits from that?), and I am not even sure what gain they would get honestly.

Also, I don't understand why people harp on the media for "anonymous sources" but then this guy comes and cites anonymous sources and suddenly people who were against anonymous sources and calling it untrustworthy no longer cares.

But I guess when it comes to Democrats, they are guilty until proven innocent for some people.

Last edited: May 24, 2017