New Client - (Very Unhappy)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GuitarApe, May 24, 2017.

1. GuitarApe

GuitarApe The King of Potatoes

I am first of all sorry if I offend any of you that have put time and effort into this new client, but I am appalled by the decisions made by management. There are a lot of bugs with the new client and it is possibly one of the worst things that has happened to Pox since SOE left.

The client doesn't run smoothly. Weird movement and animations. There is no in game options menu.... I can't see who is online and how many players are online. I can't end my turns in campaigns. I can't play most of the campaigns for some odd reason. Queuing is bugged.... Basically every basic function of the game has been ruined. I could go on and on, but the point is that nothing is ready. And I totally get that PoxNora is a dying game and this was the most logical move to try and make something of it. This may be the make or break of the game. And sadly for me, it has been broken. When you force the PC players to go from a perfectly functioning client to whatever you call this, it turns people away. So maybe we have achieved a small increase in player base, but I can tell you now that you may have lost more from the PC side.

I have loved playing this game and that is why I keep coming back, but if this is the future for Pox, then I don't know if I can play anymore. Congratulations on losing a devoted player. I wished that we could fix Pox, but I now know I was asking for too much.

2. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Be patient, give them some time to iron out the kinks. The potential is there for the new client to be a big improvement on the old one!

aseryen likes this.
  3. GuitarApe

I can respect that. I will wait and see, but I guess what frustrates me the most is why even make it mandatory to play on this new client if it has as many bugs as it does. Can't we let the PC players still have a good time while the kinks are getting worked out?

4. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

I'm trying to be patient but from what I've experienced so far I'm pretty disappointed. Suppose I'll just play something else for a while maybe try again at expansion

5. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

I keep hearing talks about the next expansion etc but I really hope they won't release the expansion until the client is actually fully functional. Because doing so would be a big mistake. The new expansion should be the least of their worries right now

6. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Hmm i hope they release the new marketplace and the expansion soon, it looks like they can hotfix alot without us noticing it with the new client. and if so thats a huge progress for the dev team. think most of the expansion work is already done.
    but yeah 2-3 weeks with full focus on killing the most annoying problems, fixing newbie guides/tutorials/videos and then release the expansion

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

because it became impossible to update them both once it was released. you cant divide the player base of an already tiny game

8. Rheticus

Rheticus New Member

I am not happy with the upgrade. The animations are strange, the deck builder almost unworkable, the modules are not playable and no reason is given. I am a PC user and feel betrayed.

9. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

And yet, that's exactly what's happened. Every Mac player is currently shut out of the new release, with the old client their only choice. To be very honest, I'd rather see the broken new client at this point, with opportunity to help with bug reports and orienting new players than the anemic old client with a dwindling player base and no AI play.

10. GuitarApe

Like Haroldkin mentioned, the division has already happened. This game wasn't made for PSN and the cross between platforms. They have only tried because it is the last way they think the game can be saved.

11. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

Well I dont get the graphics aspect, personally i prefered the old design and that includes the blue jewels to indicate rank. I dont mind the time it takes as long as we are moving in the right direction and one we all agree on.

12. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Gosh, I'm really hoping things will get better, but we shall see...

13. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

Well, I feel I should update my status in this thread. Now that the Steam client has been updated I can access the new client and see what all the buzz is about. I've already commented extensively in the Beta forum.

In a nutshell, I think the new client is a good step forward. The new client looks cleaner and just a little more current. By no means a flashy, high budget affair but that's OK with me.

Yes, there are bugs and design elements that can be improved. For my own experience, the current client is quite playable, even with annoyances like that silly pan. I have full confidence most of the bugs and kludgy UI elements will be worked out in short order. I realize other players are having a worse experience to the extent that the game is unplayable for them and hopefully those issues will be resolved ASAP.

Hierokliff likes this.
  14. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

exactly.

The thing is PS store updates every tuesday. Leaving the game like that for 2 weeks it's going to hurt people who wanted to really try the game. Like I like the game and a lot and with the mass amount of bugs it had I couldn't deal with it. Left after the first match. Everything being so unresponsive break the whole fun of the game.

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

The PS store doesnt control updates of their applications