A few thoughts about current game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Apr 29, 2014.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'm just curious on a few things like when the majority of the players wanted cp gone it stayed. Why are we still relying on a third party trader that is selling runes but your not choosing to sell the runes yourselves ?

The rune forge i know it was implemented to help new player's get more runes but all it really did was allow veterans to trade in there uncommon, common stockpiles to make more exos. The current pack and box system seems good at first but it really is overall worse than what we had before, the reason i say this is before we could pick and buy runes from the faction we wanted to actually play. Whereas now were stuck buying packs at random hoping we get a rune we need.

Also not allowing legendaries to be forged and the angels and limited's now can't even be bought with gold really made veterans and hoarders completely control the market in that aspect. Just curious what the plans are for all this moving forward thanks.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I don't see how the pack/box system is worse than before. You needed money to buy them before, now all you have to do is play.

As for the limited comment, the only problem I see is with the doombringers. Angels and 150ks have legendary counterparts.

Goyo likes this.
  3. super71

The pack/box system isn't as bad i guess your right. The "Legendary counter parts" as you say i'm very interested to hear how many people got one so far without buying 16 boxes. The problem is the angels and other limited's are even more rare and less in circulation then they were before, and the one's being traded people always want an insane amount of overbid.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I actually got an Angel of Death from the first box I bought with gold, just a few days ago, so they're probably not that uncommon.

5. MadCom

MadCom Active Member

Well, there are also people who wins millions in lottery.

6. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

After the revamp, complains... not before.

Kampel likes this.
  7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Why not try and wait til after the revamp with further suggestions of how to change things?

8. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

@Goyo & BansheeX

Could you explain why the revamp will do anything for rune availability? As far as I can see, the revamp is an ability adjustment - that's it.

9. Algorithm

Algorithm Well-Known Member

When exactly is this revamp supposed to be done? Soon™?

@Atherhog

It would potentially change the meta meaning legs are not really as useful or valuable for playing. The current rune acquisition system is a joke though, revamp or not.

10. Evilinge

Evilinge Well-Known Member

simple thing make all runes forgeable, i had luck and get a coragh with my last box but i thought i will never ever get a 150k rune again and sometimes i was really doubting if it wasn't better before.

super71 likes this.
  11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

The revamp would show us if legendaries are neccesary or just fancy stuff. I heard they don't plan on releasing legendaries anymore so balance goes first, then complains :)

12. Steelation

Steelation New Member

Regardless of whether the "meta" will be decided with the change of CP system or balance patch, it still doesnt change the fact that if I want to play with a currently next to impossible to attain rune with the current system (without shelling out money in the hundreds or more) just for the sake of playing with the rune for whatever silly reason...I cannot do it. This is not a good practice, add that to the probability to get a legendary rune IF you are lucky...and SOE's buy-150k-sell-for-BG model almost starts to look...better.

I have bought 3 extended boxes, 0 legendaries. But honestly I dont see the point in using gold or paying money for gamble boxes, I would pay for a legendary from Owl's shop since I know it would go to the developers to develop their game but paying to deconder is a not happening or that chump Gainer. I came back seeing the change of hands the game underwent (ironically message was sent by deconder...) but even with the rune forge the game is still horribly gated even if I put down a good chunk of money...and for me that kills whatever fun the game has to offer.

super71 likes this.
  13. super71

The problem is rune availability and whether it's before or after the revamp it won't matter certain runes are still very hard to obtain. The current veteran players don't mind waiting for the "re-vamp" but as you can see the new players which are the people that are gonna keep the game alive don't wanna wait. They waited long enough for dog to take over just to see the cp system stayed and the best way to trade is still a third party trader.

14. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

I don't know what you're talking about in saying that the Rune Forge didn't do anything. It's made rares and lower accessible to anyone who is playing the game and generating gold. That's actually pretty amazing accessibility compared to some of the systems this game had in the past.

It seems like the main reason you're dissatisfied is because LEG/LE runes are still hard to get. But hopefully the revamp will make them less mandatory for competitive play, which will ease that burden a little bit. In every TCG there is always a class of card that is extremely rare--that's how the developers/makers get their money. I don't like getting beat by people playing Legendaries/Doomballs/150ks either, but I think we should wait to see what the game looks like after DoG has had a chance to do something with it.

15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Read this thread and decided to buy a pack with gold for giggles. Got Hydraxor and Northern Cross Cardinal. Thanks for the good luck ;)

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

This. Last I remembered you don't need impossible to get legendaries to win/have fun/be competetive/achieve rank #1?

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Im nearly a new player and still want to wait for the revamp before complains.

18. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Technically, it will not improve the accessibility. However, and that's my wild guess, the revamp will nerf or modify how all the runes behave, and based on that, the LE that are considered auto-include given their enormous power, will be moved down to merely optional. Think on the LE avenging angel and the angel of restoration. Both are unobtainable through shards, but nobody is flipping their minds because they can not afford one. There are plenty of cheap options, so they are more a novelty or collector item than something meta relevant.

However, I'm pretty confident people will cry about the shiny LE kicking their rears anyway. If someone crafted a LE version of the goblin brute, and one single player win one game with said champion in the game, the nerf crying on accessibility will remain legendary anyway.

19. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

I currently own 2 non-banner LEGs and 0 LEs. While it does bother me that, for example, I cannot obtain a Judge Torien for my Draksar BG (without resorting to spending $$ on third-party sites), I remain hopeful that DOG will nerf everything enough that I will no longer need LEGs/LEs to complete my BGs--or that there will be viable alternatives for them. Right now, though, unless you already have some of these rare cards, you are left with little option. An example--I considered trying a Fae deck, but was deterred when I read that 'Oracles are necessary, no two ways about it', I was pretty much forced to give up on the idea. Having said that, I know there is change on the horizon, and I don't care if I have the 'collector' versions or LEGs/LEs as long as I have something viable. Sure, Tiny may be able to consistently win with 'lesser' runes, but we're not all Tiny. I need my runes to be decent enough to compete, and with the playerbase, I'm mostly running into people with Doomballs and Angels and Snogvie etc that I can't (currently) compete with. So I retain the hope that my new favorite game will be able to accommodate me without me having to blow hundreds of dollars to obtain a few runes.

Also, the rune forge is useless to new players. I've bought a few boxes, and all of the 'junk' runes from those and what I already had put together wouldn't even add up to an EXO. The rune forge is (imo) purely for those that have tons of junk--i.e., the vets.

Goyo likes this.
  20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Rune forge purpose is to homogeinize the market value of every rune set but the latest, not to help new players but to destroy most of veteran's values.