Rune Availability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atherhog, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

The dust has settled around the shard system and poxbox seems to have settled on a pricing structure. So how has all the changes impacted on my ability to make BG's?

Firstly, everything exo and below is pretty available... with the exception of the latest release exo's. I can live with that. Infact... it's pretty damn good.

Secondly... Legendaries...

The availability of Legs is pretty horrific! For me, a backwards step has been taken. We need some way to get Leg's into circulation.

Please...

Saandro likes this.
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

As I understand, they are planning on not releasing more legendaries. Also they will balance powercreep and reduce complexity among all champions.

So I would wait after the changes to point the needing of getting legendaries for deck building.

3. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

Too early, time will tell and changes will come as needed.

4. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Wait, they said that they aren't going to release any more Legendaries? If so, that's great, but could you point out the source of this information for those of us who missed it?

5. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

I cant understand why haters of the actual systen cant see the good points on it.

On a single booster pack:
    6x common
    3x uncomon
    1x rare
    1x randon token
    10% the rare be a exotic
    5% the randon token be a legendary

Its great the way it are, you also can craft common, uncommon, rare and exotic, but cant craft legendary or limited.

Limited will be only for special ocasions.

Also, to make all this just perfect, they will nerf all OP runes, mainly legendary champs, and we all can be happy again.

6. Infiltrator

Infiltrator New Member

I know right? We should only focus on what little good points there be and completely ignore any bad points for the sake of the legendary hoarders who want to cut a profit with their trades.

Going to wait and see how legendaries fare after the revamp, but damn...that "special ocasions" comment is classic. Sounds like he is going to brandish the picture of a limited snogie on his friend's birthday as a birthday present and call it the best gift ever. Wonder which rune you are reserving for chirstmas ;)

And a quote about their plan on not releasing any more LEG would be nice.

7. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

Infiltrator, if you had played before SOE you should see it, that works, and are cool.

8. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

Bumping this up because:

1: It is silly how difficult LEGs are to get hold off. This is a problem that nobody is discussing atm.
    2: The revamp will NOT address this. Even if it makes them less essential - so what? It still leaves a bunch of runes that can not be accessed.
    3: I want to build different BG's without having to pay cash outside of POX. For so many themes, interesting runes are unobtainable without doing this.

Is this what DOG wants? I doubt it.

Solution:

Put LEGS on sale!

It really is that easy.

Drawbacks = NONE
    Gains = At least some of my money and I bet I'm not the only one!

9. Algorithm

Algorithm Well-Known Member

I wanted to buy some legs and exos from DOG. Too bad I couldn't. Spent a bunch of money buying from a third party. Want to trade for legs? Good luck without losing a ton of value or a massive overbid. I got boxes with gold first though - 2 boxes, 2 exos, no legs. What a waste.

10. Steelation

Steelation New Member

I agree with what both you Atherhog and Algorithm said.

But I remember instances in the past where the doomballs and angels were sold as limited packs...during christmas or something I forget, and the vocal lot of this game made such a ruckus about devaluing their precious runes on poxbox or poxportal or wherever. And as expected, doomballs and angels are harder to get now since fewer people are playing and those tradevultures dont understand that if poxnora closes their precious runes will be worth a grand total of $0.

Why not just sell the legendaries and limited (variants in legendary if need be) runes in a official owl shop? It really baffles me why Owls think and hope that players will keep spending money on rolling random boxes to get runes rather than just buy it from their shop on a as per basis. We can buy from them and support the game and they can balance the runes on a needed basis.