How to help the PSN players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haroldkin, May 25, 2017.

1. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

I just faced my first PSN opponent. They were doing OK, but making lots of obvious mistakes, (solo rushing a ranged unit with no support, etc). As soon as I had the clear upper hand, the player disconnected, though I have no way of knowing whether it was a rage quit or legitimate disconnect. I really wanted to help the player but if they don't have chat, what can we do?

2. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

If they want to play they will find the help. Pox is a very unique game, you will either want to play it or not, better to focus the attention on the ones that want help. That being said DoG can do more to help the new players or direct them to where they can find help.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Think we cant help them, but luckily some PSN players are making streams, videos and getting the word out how to play for the new players. Looked at some vids on youtube from PSN it looks pretty good actually, thought it would be a nightmare for them to move the units but they are pretty good.
    so no more mr niceguy, if i face a PSN i'll try to win instead of try to be "oh its a poor PSN player" heck no, now it is Hammertime!

But for the ones that got the ability to make vids/streams, please do it.

4. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Heh PSN players are just disconnecting when anything bad happens. Frustrating but eventually some PSN players will stay

5. Hierokliff

Guess we could just use the free bgs for a day to give them a little chance...

6. Monixion

Monixion New Member

Sorry to jump in here but thought it'd be better than making a new thread and technically this would help me.

So I just finished a PvE custom game against the CPU to try complete the Training Day daily quest but after winning the match the quest still says it isn't complete. This a bug, do you know, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

7. Hierokliff

What i do know is that todays SOLO PLAY / DAILY is bugging (you can just finish the first encounter but it dont mark it so you cant start the 2nd one), but the Training Day Daily should work, or it worked for me. For extra gold you should do the SOLO PLAY / DAILY its a campaign that changes every day, that gives extra gold to complete, but even finishing just the first encounter gives extra gold.

8. Monixion

Monixion New Member

Thanks I'll give the Daily a go. Oh well, hopefully it'll work for me another time.

Edit: Hmm, Daily is saying I can't play the encounter. Is there a pre-requisite to play them or is it because I'm using one of the starter BG's?

9. haroldkin

haroldkin I need me some PIE!

The tutorials are currently bugged as you described. You get the rewards for finishing them, but the progress does not change to indicate it has been completed. Note that the Faction tutorials will only give you the free Battle Group once. Completing it a second time will not give you a second free BG, even though the status still says 0/1.

For the Daily quest, trying clicking the icon in the upper right, the Red Dragon. That should allow you to complete at least half of the daily. As mentioned by Hierokliff, you won't be able to access the second part, the Brown Dragon as it's currently broken. However, you can complete the first part, (red dragon icon), multiple times and get the 200 gold reward each time. This is also a bug, as normally you can only complete the daily quests once.

10. bearhugger29

bearhugger29 Member

I've been streaming this game and I will do more. Just having a rough day today. I plan on spreading the word a lot for this game.

Streaming right Now

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  11. birondarcy

birondarcy Well-Known Member

Bearhugger do you have a link to the thread for that custom deck that was recommened to you you?

12. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

New client really need improved communication between players. So you can see who is on and message notification. Maybe add "friend" notification. We need to communicate.

Durand likes this.
  13. bearhugger29

bearhugger29 Member

14. Hierokliff

added a new version since i noticed its possible to get extra 30 IS runes if i did complete the Ironfist Stronghold walkthrough. no big difference, a bit easier to play(?) and more aggressive

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/free-split-bgs.27070/

15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

holy Firk, not gunna lie, but your voice is sexy as fk. wish i has such a good commentating voice

Etherielin and bearhugger29 like this.
  16. bearhugger29

bearhugger29 Member

Thank you :)