Question about the PS4 version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by birondarcy, May 26, 2017.

1. birondarcy

birondarcy Well-Known Member

My computer is really old. I'm mostly a console player. I really want to try this game on my PS4 but I hear the PS4 client doesn't have in game chat? Is that true? Will a chat bar eventually be added? Because in a complex game like this I would think the ability to chat would help new players with advice and tips.

2. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

3. birondarcy

birondarcy Well-Known Member

What is discord?

4. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

its an app, website and or program that allows you to chat/speak with others.

5. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

I really hope chat is able to be added to PS4

6. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Almost certain Senshu confirmed chat will not be added because it was a requirement by Sony/PS4, along with trading.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I wouldn't add chat either

8. Teardrop82

Teardrop82 New Member

That doesn't make sense. There are plenty of games of PS4 that have text chat. Just off the top of my head ESO and FFXIV both have text chat. Also Neverwinter. And FFXIV is crossplay with PC so it's seems like something they didn't want to put in or maybe will put in later.

9. bearhugger29

bearhugger29 Member

I mean is chat that really impotent for a game like Poxnora on consoles? I mean yeah would it be nice of course but since this is PVP centric game. I don't really see the point other then saying GG or rekt to the other player. However there are moments were you will meet really nice people and that's where chat would count for something but its rare even on a console side. I played a lot of MMO on consoles this generation and most of the time its useless banter or trash talking.

10. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

I suppose for consoles, it's not an issue because new players aren't expecting it. For PC players chat is a massive feature, a game like this thats been around for 11 years, we've formed a really tight knit community and playing without chat would honestly be a deciding factor in why I would quit pox. Obviously it would be nice to add to the community and let more people experience but oh well.

11. Teardrop82

Teardrop82 New Member

My point isn't to compare the two games. My point is that Sony is not telling them to not add chat because they don't support it.