New player help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mia_pow, Jun 5, 2017.

1. mia_pow

mia_pow New Member

I like the game, I have it for the PS4 but Iam having issues with somethings.
    I don't understand but some champions I place outside the shrine automatically die not sure why and how to avoid this?
    Also, I can't see the edge of the screen this is the only game I've had this issue with so I know it's not the tv I figure in the options menu there would be something some way to adjust this.
    How can I use the other factions the only faction available is the angelic paladin army?

2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

hi!

- are you placing champions on grass/other terrain? are you using the normal BG or a custom bg you made? there are 2 reasons a champ could die immediatly as placed that are
    1. its a Hero played in a split bg (heroes must be played in a full faction bg, so 30 runes of same faction of the hero), or a Split Hero played in a full faction bg (split heroes must be played in a 15 15 split faction bg).
    2. you are placing champs in a chasm, so they instantly die

- it doesnt seem other players have the same problem. probably you have to move your visual in someway, but i cant help much as im a pc player
    - i assume they give you a single bg when you register to the game, and its the paladin army. its a cool bg, well made and you will learn a lot from it. As soon as you complete the tutorial you should be able to go into the deckbuilder and make your own bgs with alle the 8 factions.

3. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

In that deck thats for free "Ironfist Inquisitor" there are no champion that should die instantly, but your enemy can use abilities to hurt/remove next champ/rune you use. Yes this game is evil that way, the enemy can disrupt your perfect plans :)
    Saw some PS4 had the same problem until he fixed with the tv settings / resolution somehow, cant help you, ive never used a PS4.

You get a free deck from each faction when you finish their walkthroughs
    TRAINING -> factions -> 8 different icons for a total of +240runes
    doing this makes you able to have 60 IS runes from the start and 30 from all others
    there is/was a bug in that training part though, just take 1 font then go kill enemy shrine, do NOT kill all enemies, just ignore the guides tip about fonts, take one then go win the game.

and welcome
    //Hiero

Mursumies likes this.
  4. mia_pow

mia_pow New Member

Thanks for the response, it was my first turn I deployed a champion as soon as it landed instant death. Second round I deployed another champion instantly death turned to blue ball goo like the first one. It was the solo missions against the comp on normal mode.

5. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Do PSN devices allow you to take screenshots? If they do, the next time you play a game and this happens, please post a screenshot (with your combat log open) so we can further tell you what's happening.

6. Beruge

Beruge I need me some PIE!

On ps4 we dont have combat log. Wich makes fighting vs pc very unfair.

Karamasov, Teardrop82 and Hierokliff like this.
  7. Beruge

Use the recording feature on ps4 and save the video then upload it. Maybe if people can see what happends they can help. Also take a screenshot of the battle group you are using.

Hierokliff likes this.
  8. mia_pow

mia_pow New Member

Right in the beginning my first card played was in the base zone as soon as I placed it it died. Next round placed a different card same spot it it was fine. This went on often after restarting some cards placed within the base radius were instant death I try and record or take pictures next time

9. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Which cards were they?

Durand, Beruge and Hierokliff like this.
  10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Trust me, you probably have an advantage without the combat log.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  11. mia_pow

mia_pow New Member

Ok every time I play this champion it just instantly dies as soon as I place it, Gekaal High One, there are a few more but I definitely remember this guy.

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Can you tell us what deck he's a part of? Champions with a "hero" ability can only be placed in a deck that has 30 out of 30 runes belonging to the same faction as the hero champion in question.

13. Beruge

It is probably heroes as stated. If you look at the deck you use in rune manager does it say 30 under the forglar icon? If the number is lower, then thats why. Heroes is basically a little racist or something.

14. mia_pow

mia_pow New Member

I ll have to look into it, but I know it's a premade deck that accompanied the game after finishing all the training missions.