Relocate Demon and Demonologist

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by nepyonisdead, May 11, 2017.

1. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

So I chose to write this to kinda go over some of the units that have been nerfed too much in my opinion and as far as I can see for no good reason:

1. Deep elf priestess and relocate demon: It was one of the most run and staple runes in UD because it gave us a much needed mobility which makes the CD increase to 3 from 1 all the more unexplainable to me.

2. Demonologist used to do 15 - 16 dmg if my memory serves me right which while some would argue is too much (and I would agree) the lack of UD ranged options makes it ok to live with, with that being said his current damage makes his price tag unreasonable especially that he lost cast dark pact ( a big nerf that was uncalled for ) :) again in my opinion

lastly I may as well bring this up since its along the same lines
    80 nora for demon lich is kinda of insane :) i understand he brings alot to the table but with 0 def and 44 hp, he he is squishier than most supports out there.

I do and always will love UD no matter what :) I am willing to discuss nerfs and balance issues but i just hope people are willing to listen to reasonable buffs to UD. I get that UD is one of the simpler factions to play so powerful aspects of it comes out more prominently since its easier to use than others but that doesnt necessarily make the faction superior to others :)

2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

I love DEP and it used to be both my favourite rune and pretty much the foundation of the UD playstyle. It looks like all the relocate abilities were made cd3 as standard, so given that this makes it unlikely to change beckon back to CD1, I decided to come up with some remakes.

Based nora costs off abilities from: http://s-qpoxdb.rhcloud.com

I'm not sure how accurate this will make her costs but I wanted to try to do my best to keep her realistic. If anything when I did this her cost came out lower than I expected so I often bumped a few nora on.

I've gone for 3 remake options of different styles.

1: Mobility enabling

Stats and base abilities
    7 dmg / 6 spd / 1 def / 44 hp
    Nora cost: 62

Attack: Physical
    Beckon Demon
    Grant: Mobility

Upgrade set 1
    Swap 3: default
    Call of the Hunter: +2 nora
    Relocate: Ally: +4 nora

Upgrade set 2

Initiative 1: default
    Shatter: +1 nora
    Ripples: +1 nora

2: Priestess

Stats and base abilities

7 dmg / 6 spd / 1 def /47 hp
    Nora cost: 68

Beckon Demon
    Magical Attack

Upgrade set 1
    Sermon: default
    Vitality: Creation: 0 nora
    Blood for Nora: +1 nora

Upgrade set 2
    Disbelief: default
    Cooperation: 0 nora
    Dispel: +2 nora

3: Combat

Stats and base abilities
    9 dmg / 7 spd / 1 def /49 hp
    Nora cost: 70

Beckon Demon
    Abash

Upgrade set 1
    Flanking: default
    Multiattack: 0 nora

Upgrade set 2
    Poison 1: default
    Illuminate: +1 nora
    Sunder 1: +2 nora

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    Tweek516, davre and nepyonisdead like this.
  3. nepyonisdead

I am honestly stunned at the work it took to come up with a brilliant fix to DeP path 1 is my favorite and the one id choose if I had my way but they are all more than viable and I hope sokolov takes them into consideration mate.

4. SMh7

SMh7 The King of Potatoes

DO ruin this game so far ago. Why still asking?

5. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

DEP used to rule my UD bg's not only for her relocate ability, but for multiattack+poison+ranged magical attack. now she can have 2 of 3, its not as good...
    guess she is just outrun by new and more powerful runes, i do think relocate demon should keep cd3
    she could relocate relic also, dont think there are any demonelf with it, and with so many cool relics in UD

6. nepyonisdead

See she simply isn't Worth 65 Nora as a 44 hp semi support champ

She needs to either have a heavier support role or a tankier build to justify her cost

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I still find her very playable.

8. Scrijordan

Scrijordan I need me some PIE!

i hope ud get a buff man

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Firstly you're talking about nerfs from pre-revamp onto several years post revamp. The high demonologist damage is undoubtedly being remembered from the time when he was range 1-3 not range 5. Regarding Deep elf priestess in the last few patches she has gone from 71 nora down to 65 so i'm not really sure why you're complaining about her being nerfed when there's been a conscious effort lately to buff her.

Lastly demon lich is 76 nora not 80 and he also, Dispels/cleanses. Swarms or heals from all fire damage, and has one of the strongest CC abilities in set ablaze which completely disables a champion as well as throws on 15 damage so there needs to be some give or take here if you want him to be less squishy he needs to cost more of give up some utility. If you want him to stay reasonably priced than he needs to remain squishy or he can lose some damage. he cant continue to do everything for a low cost like he was when he was 72 nora.

10. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Demon Lich is well balanced in terms of cost vs utility. Needs to be used wisely, but can often win matches.

11. lg18

lg18 New Member

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@lg18 Sheoul demon is pretty meta actually. Fire eater is generally only an ability now on runes that go in fire BGs otherwise its a sandbag

13. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I quite like a little fire module in some BGs, not necessarily a full fire BG.

14. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

These designs are so cool, but also so OP.

15. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Designs being cool is most of what matters! Opness can be tempered by cost / stat tweaks

Tweek516 likes this.