New Client: worth trying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadloche, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Dreadloche

Dreadloche The King of Potatoes

Is the new client worth downloading and playing or is it too buggy at the moment? I'm just asking here to save time.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

its worth trying, very mixed results and how well its working seems to be really changing on a player to player basis

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

No it is complete trash. The problem is, the old client is also really bad right now, because runes like endless enthusiasm are unbanned there, even though they are still using the old code. and stats. So basically, don't play the game at all and find a new game, unless you are STRICTLY playing for fun. The game is in the least competitive state of all time right now, since it doesn't even function.

Valkyr likes this.
  4. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

It was a huge disaster when it was first released, which is a shame as it really could have turned Poxnora around.

The new client is slowly getting better though.

There are still lots of glitches with this new client, but hopefully, they'll iron them all out before long.

If not, it was a great game while it lasted.

Valkyr and Andrew Carling like this.
  5. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Yes its worth checking out. There are issues which can be a little frustrating but the devs have already fixed a number of issues and remain working hard on ironing out any remaining issues.

The new client adds some good things too, which in the longterm is going to be great for the game.

Try it for yourself before listening to the doomsayers!

6. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

stay away

Valkyr likes this.
  7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Its buggy
    its missing effects because all visual effects had to be remade, and with 1800+ abilities there are a bunch missing or are just bad/buggy making it hard to notice things happening.

it is probably more fun though then earlier, so much balancing has been going on and i think here they are in a really good progress. so if you have liked pox nora but thought it was unbalanced and boring earlier, you will love it. if you cant stand small bugs, visual glitches, stay away from ranked play and legendary campaigns. or wait a bit longer.

Myself i really enjoy testing shoebox/strange runes and comboes, I get so much gold and free runes now with just playing bot games so ive forged myself every IS rune for free except the limited ones. and soon all UD runes also, and completed almost a full SL draksar.

Valkyr likes this.
  8. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Small correction: visual effects aren't missing per se, they just arent' properly hooked in - what this means is they display in game at the bottom of the screen instead of in their correct location.

9. TheRavager

TheRavager The King of Potatoes

It's actually not all that bad when you get used to it, although having to relog once per game and my resolution resetting is quite annoying :D

10. Hierokliff

So you see impervious on deployed champion for example? no i think they havent created all visual effects for all abilities or maybe not linked them as you said :)
    That display in game happening is almost only for spells for me that its in the wrong location of the screen, its not what i meant, those are a minor problem.

terrain layer problems, visual problems on champions are annoying

11. Etherielin

Yes, I do - at the bottom of the screen. :p

12. Hierokliff

screenshot or it didnt happen :)
    impervious at the bottom of the screen...
    hmm i need to start look more at the bottom of the screen then

13. Dreadloche

Dreadloche The King of Potatoes

So, I decided to give the new client a try. Didn't make it very far:

[​IMG]

14. Etherielin

See if the steam version of the game causes the same problem.

15. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

I HATE this super zoomed-in new client! It's like I have to scroll, scroll, and scroll to play the whole game. Ugh!

16. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

Its shite.