New Client Chat (PC)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Jun 17, 2017.

1. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Happy Father's Day, Baskit.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

thanks =)

3. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'd like to argue this. If you concentrate on the game for 5 minutes you realize that there is a logic to moving 2x2 units, basically its based on which of the 4 squares you click to select the champ, and the spot you target is where that square of the champion will move to. If it seems you can't move a 2x2 to a certain spot, deselect the unit and try to select it again from a different square of the champion and it's easy to move again 99/100 times atleast for me.

I'm not saying the movement is optimal, I'm saying it's easily learnable and not a huge problem at all.

Etherielin likes this.
  4. Durand

Durand Active Member

It's learnable and we can adapt to any kind of s*itty UI :) (I was hesitant to use that kind of language, but honesty is more important than politeness)

2x2 units have so many problems that its impossible to list them all. To name one thing, they cannot be "deselected" automatically like 1x1. I have to separately click a shrine or font to deselect it.
    Another example of "adapting" is why we still cannot simply left-click something in runedock to select it and see in the bottomleft (like in the old client and like any normal person would expect)?
    Instead I have to "learn" to drag it down a bit and drop somewhere over map (being careful that it's not actually an area where you can drop it).
    EDIT: Right-click window is way too slow to use regularly and the tooltips are confusing for champs (but fine for spells).

Anyway, 2x2 can be used (carefully/slowly) if you "learn" how (most of the time). (However, some of the bugs are so bad that you cannot even workaround).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. Mursumies

Right clicking opens up the runes interface, it's ok but not perfect. To a similar category falls the fact that runes aren't organized by nora anymore.

Both of these things probably happen because the client is 100% new, so nothing actually was removed, just some things haven't been added yet and there are bigger things to fix than these.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

In one game I was not able to barrage a 2x2 unit. Might have been the square I was trying to use to target it but it was a huge issue. Asking people to learn workarounds for bugs in a 10 year old game just so they can 99/100 play it is asinine.

7. Mursumies

TBH you seem to be one big crybaby that's never happy with anything just like dicem0ney. You seem to have 0 understanding about what it takes to code the game again from ground up since that's what they essentially needed to do, its not just copy paste old code to new system, not at all. Yeah it bugs, and probably the bugs are going to be fixed ASAP. Until then we can just learn the workarounds and wait and be patient, not cry about 700 different small things everyday and when people help you just tell them to ******** and not listen. All bugs should be reported, and they should be addressed in a order that is based on how critical they are for gameplay, crying about everything and the same things 10 times a day every day wont help anything, just gives extra work for them to address the topics which give them no new information or help for anything.

8. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Dear Special Guy,

What you fail to realize is that I represent a portion of this business's customer base. It's vital they get feedback, especially negative. If there's one player that has the experiences that I do and posts about it, how many have that experience and do not post? How many have that experience and simply go away and never come back? Metric Bane Shift ton of lost revenue.

So being a sokfanboi mcdefenderpants seems really cool at first, but it's not helpful in the least. Sok is a big boi, he can handle my mean words just fine without your help.

9. diahru

diahru The King of Potatoes

I am not getting in this argument.