SL/ST Deck (new player)

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by M3tagam3, Jun 11, 2017.

1. M3tagam3

M3tagam3 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm pretty new to the game but I love it! I don't really know where to start, but right now, this is a deck I've put together. I've been searching around google, youtube, etc. to try and find more information on this game and its meta with little success, but then I figured, why don't I just ask people myself? I did find a lot of interesting things on the forums and I definitely copied some cards to put in my deck. xp From what I seem to be getting, unless I'm reading the wrong things, Sundered Lands is particularly powerful right now, and split decks can be much stronger than full faction decks. I just happened to also really like the Ice Shard relic and frost amp in general. So, based on that, the things I've research so far, my small amount of play time, and my small amount of shards, this is what I've come up with.
    upload_2017-6-11_5-12-11.png
    I have a feeling that, even though I'm having fun with it now, it's probably not that good. What do you guys have to say for a newb player? :D

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Beasts or dragons are both commen in st and sl. You might be able to get more syngery out a race theme. Your spell set is not bad, but doing an amp frost bg with sl is wonky. Ice storm is costing your non flying non artic champs 1 speed.

Beasts will be the cheeper theme to try out. Cheeper to forge and cheeper to deploy then a dragon spilt. Within a st/sl beast or dragon spilt you can still incorporate a sand debuff sub theme which will help keep your champs alive. Beasts tend to be tanks more so then beaters.

you might be able to get by on yeti split deck, but I doubt it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  3. M3tagam3

Thanks for replying! I did get a feeling that things were kind of all over the place and that I needed more synergy. I like many of the Sundered Lands spells, however recently I tried a full faction Savage Tundra BG and I can really see how strong everything is when they're meant to work together. I'm having trouble gathering the resources to trade for some of the ST key runes however, such as K'ento, Vanguard, and Snowspinner.

Are there a few runes you could recommend me for the Beast portion of the ST/SL split? Or any runes in general? I don't have much knowledge on what works with what.

4. OriginalG1

If you are having fun with the ff st amp frost I would stick with that

5. Noware13

Noware13 I need me some PIE!

Dunes manticore is easy to get and you already have sandstorm in there to go with him. Skeez whorl has knockback and repulsion, maybe throw another gale force in. Reforge is a great SL spell.

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I'd recommend using a warbanner for the faction that you have more champs from. Warbanner is good enough to include even if it doesn't buff all your champs.

7. M3tagam3

upload_2017-6-21_19-55-44.png
    This is my upgraded, current BG after playing for a week or so.

8. OriginalG1

It beat me up!

9. M3tagam3

Haha, this one is slightly different! Even so, I'm constantly trying new things.

10. Noware13

Noware13 I need me some PIE!

I still stand behind dunes manticores and sandstorms.

11. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I played against this deck. It was good and well executed in the field.I haven't run ST SL much, but have played ST UD and straight ST.

One ST champ I try to fit into my BGs is Leoss Magnate for the Majestic, heals and alt range.

Also the Yeti Painter for somewhat similar reasons.

A nice cheap, mobile and problematic champ on the SL side would be a Rip Demon at 61 nora with Damage Shield 3 and Pounce.

Speaking of Pounce, I like to run a Lonx Bone Charm for that element of surprise once the opponent has worked out all the spacings...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  12. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

It looks a bit all over the place from where i'm sitting and a half-decent player wouldnt have much trouble with a multitude of decks. You have a lot of high cost spells which in reality will mostly go unused or used inefficiently thus losing you the game. Also use the ST avatar. Try to think about how all the different runes interact with each other, what are the advantages and disadvantages.

Unless you are abusing a powerful mechanic generally I find ST or SL perform better in FF. If I get time I will come online tonight and have a look with you IGN Hermaios

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

agree, use the ST avatar. font bonus is one of the two best in game.