Discussion: Deck Update Hotfix: June 14th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Jun 14, 2017.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

some of the decks are nice but could use a bit more optimization.
    is it possible we could have players make community made decks for each week(or month) and have them be up in the marketplace for gold.
    these decks would be better than the standardized ones but are you'll only be able to own them temporarily. ( like for week or month then afterwards they'd disappear )
    and they could cost like 10,000 or 15,000 or 25,000 gold. ( costs could be whatever you guys see fit really )

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I disagree with the idea of renting decks for such a huge amount of gold - the training grounds decks were all decent and playable and nobody bought them despite 1k gold price, because you couldn't use the runes inside outside of those decks. Renting a deck won't work imo.

Andoid likes this.
  3. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

i really dig the pricing, gets the new folks into the game really fast. Sweet stuff!
    But why are these tradable/shardable? I dont understand.

did anyone give a headsup to poxbox?

But YAAAAAY to accesable runes :D I can see the light :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    aZaX69 likes this.
  4. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

These decks are absolutely insane. 5000 gold (which is not much at all) for over 1500 shards is crazy value. I've never seen Pox newbie friendly as much as it is right now, especially considering Coragh used to be one of the old 150k's, and now he's 5k. I've made so many new theme BGs since the release of these decks it's absurd.
    I almost feel like it's a crime these decks are only 5000 gold. They probably should've been no trade considering the low price of 5k gold lol

voodoov likes this.
  5. free20play

them being tradeable/shardable is probably a bug so you should take advantage of it while you can.
    also deconder will no doubt get seriously pissed off soon as more people rip him off.

6. Whiris

Whiris The King of Potatoes

Pretty sure it was intended that they can be traded. See this old announcement: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/announcement-walkthru-decks-and-theme-decks.26111/.

I think the point of the decks not being fully "optimized," as you said in your previous post, was so that new players (the target players) can gather resources to make the deck better themselves, while having at least a decent deck.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Senshu literally says in this thread that they are tradable and shardable

Teardrop82 and Tweek516 like this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

It's still probably a bug. I think sok' s original intention was for them not to be shard/tradeable, and it makes 0 sense why they are.

Edit: well, after rereading it could just be poorly planned, like most stuff.

9. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Please stop thinking, you're not very good at it.

10. free20play

thats nice then i guess.

11. aZaX69

aZaX69 I need me some PIE!

If u check the price movement on pox-box for the legendary and exotic's available in these decks since the update then that answer would be an emphatic NO!
    A pity as it could well be a final nail in the coffin for a resource that I have found very useful in the past... The interesting question is why make all these runes so cheap ?
    A sense of generosity by the devs ? or a new update/release due soon to make the majority of them obsolete and just bait to stimulate demand for moar decks....

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Poxbox ain't gonna close down any time soon. It makes a killing.

13. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why should pox give a headsup to decondor, it's not like he works for them. And anyhow decondor is making/has made so much from poxbox probably that he couldn't care less unless he is a greedy *******. In which case he should be active on following what's happening himself and reacting to it, not waiting for someone to help him earn more money.

Also why would being able to trade/shard be a bug, I'm glad that rune values and prices are going down if we want any new players to this game, otherwise if they want a nice collection they need to spend hundreds of euros/dollars before truthfully having all options open for them.

One of the biggest problems of this game has for forever been way too high prices/ getting runes was way too hard/expensive in comparison to how many runes there are.

Elves Rule, Tweek516 and Etherielin like this.
  14. voodoov

voodoov I need me some PIE!

without poxbox i would not be here (since 4 years).
    I would not have goten into a game where there is just no way to get something specific (Firk the trade sharks!!!). And forging was added only recently.

Why do you hate on him so much? He offered a lot to pox, and if they ****ed him over again, i would just give away all the runes for free before closing down - if i where him. He provides a big and steady service Pox/dogs/sony was just not able to do themself.

TRY TO GIVE BACK SOME LOVE DECONDOR (i mean Firk them back if need be). You will find a way to shake up the market i bet.
    The level of unprofessionalism in the collaboartion is strong in this one (dog) if such big economic changes go true without at least warning your partners/service providers beforehand.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Why should DoG collaborate with Decondor?As far as I'm aware he's not once tried to work with DoG or SoE and his cash store basically takes alot of money that should be going to DoG.

I'm almost certain Decondor has never given any love to the people of pox, he doesn't even play the game, he's simply in it for profit/business, not sure why that warrants love back in return.

16. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

I'm not hating decondor, I've been using poxbox as well and find it super useful.

Why would D0G inform him? He's not a partner, nor is he a related service provider, try to understand that poxbox is his personal tradesite, and tbh he's as much of a trade shark as anyone else, actually even worse since he sets the prices for everyone and doesn't offer any discounts or sweeteners even for big trades which most actually decent traders used to do back in the day, not counting some greedy morons like michaelleo. You have no way to prove that he only has 1 copy of something, yet he can price it like it's the only copy in the game.

He has made a ton of money from this service, and none of that money will ever go to DoG. What I'm saying is it's not DoG:s or my responsibility to tell him something is changing here, it's his responsibility to follow whats happening as it's his personal project. It's not the customers fault if suddenly all apple trees die and you buy apples for 0,99e/kg when their real value now is 10000e/kg from a fruit store that doesn't follow recent news in the field.

E: Also decondor has never been in it for the players or to help anyone, he's in it for the "free" money.

17. aZaX69

aZaX69 I need me some PIE!

I wasn't trying to defend PB , but it has been a useful resource and is still usually better value at approx 500 credits/ Nora Shard to trade for Leg & Exo's than to forge the same rune, it also keeps the runes in circulation for others. Now with 2k+ shards for 5k gold from the new decks it may well be more productive just to reshard and forge if PB prices start to swing.... I dont see the point of making the 5k decks tradeable as it just further benefits alt gold farmers...

18. Zorack

Zorack I need me some PIE!

Wow, that's a lot of value...

19. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Edit me noob legendaries are broked.

20. A Cthulhu cultist

A Cthulhu cultist New Member

I'm just starting and these decks are a godsend. Without them, I'd be getting *maybe* 1 exotic from the extended set per day. Now, about 3 times per week, I can get *the* card that I want. That means in a matter of 3 months or so, I can have any single deck I'd like without sacrificing my entire collection of random dropped cards or breaking playsets that I might not realize are valuable.

When you consider it that way, I don't think that enabling the sacrificing of these runes breaks anything in the market -- keep in mind that new accounts are trade locked, so there is literally no way to guarantee a card early on without the inevitability associated with forging via these marketplace decks.

Are there plans to change the deck contents in the future?