DoG, Every Pox Player, Read This...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThePoxOG, May 26, 2017.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Funny how informed intelligent people tend to share the same opinions....

2. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Why are you so bad?

nepyonisdead likes this.
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

*grabs own poop from toilet
    *proceeds to fling it in the general direction of others
    Am I doing it right?

Tweek516 likes this.
  4. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

the aoe attacks with fixed dmg are so units can remain cheaper.
    think about things like locust cloud on afflicted corpse. (even though fw lacks alot of ways to amp dmg but you get the idea)
    if you made all aoe based attacks scale with dmg runes like that would end up costing more.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  5. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

I have reactivated this forum account just because of this post. I couldnt just watch it.

Thepoxog
    I see your rage came from ingame loses.
    Game you described poxnora should become is called chess.

Chess is nice game but we are playing something little different here.
    Nobody here wants for something like that to happend. Poxnora is really unique game and nothing even close is out there to play. Respect that.

Thing is. Do not try to change game you are playing. Change yourself so you would enjoy more.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I agree with the maps statement, but I don't agree with them all being exactly the same. What I do agree with is certain maps that give large advantages to certain themes, flyers with cliffs, fire bgs with lava etc.

They have done some things wrong yes, but you guys consistently attacking them while they try and revive a very old game isn't helping. This is my problem with the veteran community and has always been, most of them are all too negative . The devs need to step in and silence asomeof these threads before psn players see what this community really is. I've seen 8 negative posts for every 2 good ones, stop being entitled spoiled children and support the game and list constructive criticism or get the Firk out.

Also catering to the old people with the money is a ******** business model, most vets have all the runes they want/need and we no longer really buy runes.

I agree with the ability database as that should have been a number one priority and a mass shard option for the new client.

Be constructive not a troll, and as a veteran list possible changes that you would like to see. If you truly loved pox then you wouldn't have made a post just attacking the devs after all the work.

7. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Gandhi up in dis bch
    #Hungerstrikeforpatches

themacca likes this.
  8. ThePoxOG

ThePoxOG The King of Potatoes

Aw , you all are soooooo cute. 3 weeks later and this horrific client still stands, the pathetic embarrassment of what they call "DoG" still stands... without the slightest bit of acknowledgement at HOW BAD they are at their job. Keep it up guys, you all know SO MUCH of what you are talking about LMAO. Its over kids. You fanboyed Sok into a power of position and now you can all deal with it, LMAO. GG Pox.

9. ThePoxOG

Watching Sok admit on a forum post, how FING bad the client was, was the icing on the cake for me... LMAO...
    Macca, Dm, all you other pathetic fools... LMAO... I was right THIS WHOLE TIME. OG -1, POX - 0. Enjoy your last days tools. Nothing left to see here LMAO, watch morons destroy a game they could have left for another 10 years. LMAO. SO SADDDDD

10. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

Nevr going to open a thepoxog post again, this guy is insane levels idiotic and has no grasp on reality.

NevrGonaGivUup likes this.
  11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's actually interesting because I agree with a number of these.

First, I agree about maps being a large part of the balance - which is why almost every map has been updated at least once since I came back. I disagree on homogenizing maps though. I think having to play around the map is one of the unique aspects of Pox and one of the things you have to be aware of when deckbuilding.

Second, I agree about range - which is why the cost of RNG was increased and many long range champion adjusted. There are some exceptions still that can reach 7, but they pay a lot for it now.

Third, I agree about an ability database - if I had the technical knowledge, I'd probably have done it myself. That said, players have done a great job filling this niche for the time being. Note that one of the features slated for the new client is for the search function to also search abilities and descriptions and be a more robust search function.

Fourth, I agree that player feedback is important in balance decisions - which is why I am on the forums so much as well as in-game and on Discord discussing issues with players on a regular basis. In fact, many people on here would accuse me of taking too many of the player's ideas, instead of sticking to my own evaluations.

Fifth, I agree that the focus should be on existing players - and it is, in fact, where the focus is and has been for many years. Most of our resources go towards balance and content - things like the Rune Forge, Quests/Achievement systems that have been added are, by and large, features made for and utilized by long-term players. I have often bringing up the existing player perspective in our meetings regarding Pox and continually seek QoL changes and adjustments. I even spent a lot of my "off hours" doing bug testing and fixes - things that, again, are going to be largely un-noticed by new players.

And yea, the new client is pretty bad - unfortunately, this is what lack of resources/manpower looks like. Much of the issues with the new client is buggy code, or features not yet implemented - keep in mind the old client had years of built up stuff and EVERYTHING had to be redone for in Unity for the new client - which is a bigger task than you might imagine (and perhaps admittedly, larger than Sony/DOG imagined considering where it's at after more than half a year of delay).

12. themacca

This is why soks the man. totally classy response to a guy whos been nothing but an absolute firkwit on here.

13. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

go play duelist

14. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

On the Maps, If Sok were to go to a more plain vanilla battle maps with some variations, terrain modifications from spells and abilities would be more valuable and could get slight buffs. There could be more champs that can create chasms or other X barriers that last longer on the board. You could bring back cliff diving for the maps themselves do not provide permanent chasms. There would have to be extra AP and Nora spent.
    Fliers would still be valuable avoiding impeding and damaging terrains and newly created chasms.

The one big problem with the maps is probably terrain that causes damage, impedes movement and offers free KB damage and easy cliff diving. I do not mind maps that provide terrain buffs for the appropriate champ that is using the terrain which can give that variation. Plus the maps can have more height elevation stuff in it.

One of my favorite maps was the old Shattered peaks map. Both shrines were kind of secluded from each other and the playable map was very narrow and it caused more of a deep rank type of play. Weaker champs could hold of the advance of a overpowering champ and it prevented draw wins. A lot of strategy was used to find that weakness in the other players defenses. Remove the chasms and you have a pretty plain map, but a whole different style of play than like the old FS Swamp map that was pretty wide open and a different strategy has to be used. You can have plainer maps but yet they can change the whole scope of strategy to keep things interesting.

15. ThePoxOG

I'm gonna ignore useless Macca's comment. (seriously, why is he here?) And honestly Sok, you have ignored me for years, simply because I don't Fanboy you. Ive made statements that all turned out to be true, and you are paying the price for them now, years later. I tried consistently to give feedback from one of, if not, the longest playing players and it fell on deaf ears. The fact that you AGREE with so much of that is disappointing. Because we could have had some great convos about the game. The most I can say is, listen to the critics. Stop listening to Macca, and the rest of the fanboy council... they have accomplished nothing in a decade. Good luck Poxnora.

And Macca... when you put half the time I have into this game, with feedback constructive criticism and (years ago) constant "keep it up" and "your doing a great job" then you can talk. Otherwise, shove your useless opinions up your useless ass. You don't know a damn thing that I and the dev team have discussed over the years... Ive been here since week 1 bud, and Ive spent money over those years. And I am entitled to whatever TF I want to say about Poxnora. HMU if you are ever in Vegas, and we can settle it buddy.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  16. themacca

Lol did you actyally just offer to fight me. Can i send @Axeraiser on my behalf

Axeraiser, MaruXV and Etherielin like this.
  17. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Hey PoxOg, glad you've been here since week one. If you're reasoning that, since you've been here that long and have paid the price, then I also have the same credibility as I've been here since then too (although this is about my 20th alt account) and have given as much as you in feedback and money. I'm not a Sokfanboi McDefenderpants, but I do see some good taste and approach in his balance decisions. So if I say, please keep it constructive and I point to my own credibility as you have, will please then keep it constructive? Because if you keep blasting, you're credibility will fly out the door as it has been since you opened this thread.

MaruXV likes this.
  18. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

Rip UD

19. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

What was that other card game that DoG failed horribly at? I forget. But the @op's game sounds alot more like that. I don't want any of that. You don't know balance. Your inept understanding of balance keeps you from anything but exact mirror games on flavorless maps. Sorry, but no.