Client Freezing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jun 2, 2017.

1. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

I dont know if this is the same freezing you're talking about but i got this on the ps4.

What were you doing in general? Were you in a match? In the lobby, etc.

i was in a match
    What were you doing right before the event? Did you select a champion? Did you click on something in the runedock?
    right before my turn starts, it freezes for 30 seconds, so when my turn starts the count for 2 mins it freezes, and then it unfreeze at 1:28
    What resolution are you running in? Is it in full screen?
    was on ps4
    Does it eventually unfreeze? If so, what happens?
    yup after 30 seconds, and on the last turns stopped freezing.
    Is the music/sound effect still playing?
    yes
    Are all areas of the screen/game inaccessible? Can you hit ESC and get to the menu?
    ps4
    New Question: If you reconnect after freezing, is the chat window gone?
    never disconnected.
    Anything else you can think of.
    nope
    Does it ever happen on the opponent's turn?
    nope

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks all for the information so far. Please continue to pay attention and provide additional information if possible. I know the bugs suck and this one especially but we need to be able to reproduce the issue to fix it.

3. Sokolov

New Request:

If your client freezes, please try and get the log from the client. Instructions on where to find it to follow.

Here it is:
    <install dir>\PoxNora\PoxNora_Data\output_log.txt.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  4. Sokolov

We may have a lead on this, but we really need more logs to confirm. Please help if you can!

5. horrible

horrible Devotee of the Blood Owl

What about on Mac?

Just froze again :\

6. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Tried to play the "Summon Ant" spell and my client froze. I copied out a chunk of the output log, because it was too big to post entirely.

1. Playing daily campaign #2 (Defender of the Stronghold)
    2. Tried to play summon ant from the rune dock
    3. 1280x720 resolution
    4. has not unfrozen after ~20 minutes
    5 + 6. Can open the menu to un-mute the music and can hear sounds (not music) when interacting with the menu. Can't hear any sounds or music after I close the esc menu. Can't move runes, activate abilities, or play runes, but I can see runes previews from the rune dock and select champions freely.
    7. When I reconnect, chat is normal, but the game has advanced 5 turns since I left (turn 20 to turn 25). Summon ant is also on cooldown.
    freeze report.jpg
    9. Using windows 7, non steam version

This was repeated ~20 thousand times in my output log after the freeze:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: offset
    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PoxCore.PoxClientNetwork.readPendingMessages () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at PoxCore.NetworkMarshal.run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Attached Files:

7. Sokolov

Thanks for the log.

8. Sokolov

I am not sure... will try and find out where the log is on Mac.

9. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

can't answer for sure, but in my experience it has always happened on my turn

10. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

LOL...same! I think it happened to me 3 times so far today.

11. Sokolov

Note that we have one reproduction method so far:
    • If you double click an activated ability which doesn't need a target, such as Frost Nova, it will 100% freeze
    This may not be the only way, but it is one we are able to reproduce. If you have encountered the issue in another way, please let us know. Also, the logs are extremely helpful - it is proving quite difficult to track down what is happening without the logs.

12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

1. BEFORE YOU REOPEN THE CLIENT, please get the log from <install dir>\PoxNora\PoxNora_Data\output_log.txt and provide it to us.
    I do not understand how do this. Can it be explained differently?

13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

[​IMG]
    This is what you're looking for (obviously your folder won't be named Bartek). The log will be big (think 50+ MB), so I suggest using WinRAR or 7zip to pack to make it smaller and just upload it.

The log contains all info from the moment you launch Pox to the moment you close it and is removed when you launch Pox again to make room for a new one, so keep that in mind.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

1. What were you doing in general? Were you in a match? In the lobby, etc.
      - Just hanging in the lobby, trying to open the solo play tab.

2. What were you doing right before the event? Did you select a champion? Did you click on something in the runedock?
      - Clicked to open the solo play tab, before that I had done nothing.

3. What resolution are you running in? Is it in full screen?
      - Not full screen, 1280x720.

4. Does it eventually unfreeze? If so, what happens?
      - Did not unfreeze after waiting 10 minutes.

5. Is the music/sound effect still playing?
      - No idea, I have the music muted and there's no sound effects in lobby.

6. Are all areas of the screen/game inaccessible? Can you hit ESC and get to the menu?
      - Everything is inaccessible, back button does nothing, trying to close the client from the close window button does nothing, just causes windows to say "PoxNora.exe is not responding"

7. New Question: If you reconnect after freezing, is the chat window gone?
      - No.

8. BEFORE YOU REOPEN THE CLIENT, please get the log from <install dir>\PoxNora\PoxNora_Data\output_log.txt and provide it to us.
      - Basically thousands of lines of this:
      "(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
      Parameter name: offset
      at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at PoxCore.PoxClientNetwork.readPendingMessages () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at PoxCore.NetworkMarshal.run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 "

9. Brief computer specs and connection type.
      - Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5 GHz
      - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
      - 16 GB DDR-4 RAM 2666MHz
      - GA-Z170-Gaming Motherboard
      - 120 GB HyperX Fury SSD
      - 2 TB Seagate Barracuda SATA III HDD (Game installed on this one).
      - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with all the newest updates installed. Verified and activated copy.
      - All device drivers installed and up to date.
      - Lan network, 50MB/s download and upload.
      - If you need more info PM me.

10. Anything else you can think of.
      - Was using the Steam client.

E: Searched the spot where the Error starts, attached a file of what was in the log before the error occured. (Next line of the log was the first line of the error)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've attached my error.

Attached Files:

16. Sokolov

Thanks, everyone.

Darklord, your error is definitely the ability one that we have already reproduced.

We aren't sure what your's is, @Mursumies.

Note that stuff like this:

System.ArgumentException: Processor not found: PoxCore.Net.GameTypeGameParamRestrictionMessageProcessor
    at PoxCore.GeneratedMessageAdapter.getProcessor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0​

Just means your client is no longer receiving server messages - which is consistent with a client freeze, but not the cause.

darklord48 likes this.
  17. Mursumies

Mursumies Devotee of the Blood Owl

Alrighty, well i'll try and see if there's anything additional to let you know if that happens again. I had another crash yesterday in the lobby after completing a daily campaign where the active deck was changed to doombringer the third and after opening the deckmanager the game became unresponsive until restart. I failed to retrieve the log though, but will try to remember doing that if I ever reproduce that bug.

Also yesterday my client didn't actually freeze but multiple times during a single player campaign i got the message "you have been disconnected from the game" after which i was presented with the login screen. When trying to relog without restarting poxnora i got the message "unable to connect poxnora servers". After restarting the game i was able to log in normally but not resume the campaign except for two of the times. This disconnect seemed to happen especially often in the first 10 turns of the Nefari Resurrection campaign on Legendary.

E: Also i have the log from the crash i reported still saved somewhere separately i think, if that is the case i will check to make sure that the spot i cut the log from is the exact point where the log turned into the unresponsive message on repeat. This will have to wait for approx. 5 hours though since i'm at work rn.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  18. aZaX69

aZaX69 I need me some PIE!

This game freeze seems to occur when a boss is killed from indirect damage - DoT, aura's etc. during the CPU's turn. Game hangs after the shrine is destroyed and never recovers....Not sure if all rewards are earned but gold is increased and the daily quest achievement is recorded on relog.

Added another reproduction of the same bug, in both cases the Boss is a Corrupted Cultist ( most wanted II daily quest ) but it has occurred previously on other quest bosses.

Non Steam Version - system specs in DxDiag below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    darklord48 likes this.
  19. aZaX69

aZaX69 I need me some PIE!

The old DoomBalls bug still resurfaces occasionally, not sure what causes it but usually only occurs after completing at least one match, once it defaults to this deck the game becomes unresponsive.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  20. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

Sorry if this is a waste.
    Freeze on ps4
    In the land of mutants 2/3.
    My turn started, attempted to move a unit, nothing.
    Wait 60 sec, and repeat. Nothing. Try to attack with different hero. Nada.
    Music playing, no sound effects from attacks etc. can view runes, and detail screen of runes, no input accepted. Cannot quit game.
    Restarted ps, and pox after 10 minutes, timer to 0. did not reconnect to match.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017