Noob amp deck seeks veteran suggestions

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Tubesox, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

Becoming a fan of long strolls on the tundra.
    Forgive my archaic listing of runes instead of a pic. Also, I do not have an Arctic Delegate yet.

1 arcadon
    1 crystal Phoenix
    2x crystal rimeweaver
    1 ferren snowspinner-heal champ/orb of ftostfall
    1 frostfall icewhisp
    1 ice caster
    1 icesnap
    2x jakei extinguisher
    1 jakei frostseer
    2x jakei shaman
    1 lonx icelord
    1 whitestar
    1 yeti spirit
    (All stock models with base upgrades, 'cept snowspinner)

1 breath of l'usara
    1 frigid barrier
    1 reinstall heritage
    2 gale force
    1 healing hand
    1 howling wind
    1 ice storm
    1 razor ice
    1 snowbound
    1 swap

1 sapphire catalyst
    1 banner
    1 ice shard

I might be trying to do too much at once here, with the whitestar and such.
    I think maybe the yeti needs to come out. Really like him though, and I don't want to use lonx adepts. Also, if there is a better way to share decks, I'm all ears.(ps4 player, screenshots are hard to share out of psn) I'm sure I'm gonna ask for input again. Maybe take a pic on my phone and link it? Any help is appreciated, and if this is too wordy just tell me to get stuffed. Cheers.
    Edit: removed shardseer k'aeyun for another extinguisher

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Below is what I have been running with great success. Probably one of most OP themes I've played in a while. The 2x suppression crystals I'm running for added fun, probably best to replace at least one with Razor Ice. If you wanted to add an additional spell then the second crystal is also on the chopping block.

Selection_009.png

3. Tubesox

What are the first and last runes on top row? Also the one to the left of icesnap?

4. MogaBait

Aspect of Infinity
    Strig Warlock
    Frostfall Vanguard

5. Tubesox

Doh! All legends I can't craft. They look quite useful. Those are 2 lonx adopts for amplify? Keeping in mind I don't have the experience you do, why the adepts over the jakei shaman? Grant frost aura?
    Am I over valuing the jakei shaman/icesnap/elemental synergy?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  6. MogaBait

Are you not able to craft because you are on PS4 version? I'd replace warlock and AoI with a second yeti spirit and a second extinguisher. Your Lonx Icelord slot seems fine as a stand-in for vanguard. Regarding adepts over shaman, they serve similar roles with amplify, magic dmg, ranged. The elemental synergy is nice to have but has greater dependence on your draws. Adept's main advantages are in longevity (frost acolyte allows him to heal back up) and also in passive dmg. Keep in mind that your amped frost aura will deal 9 dmg, which is quite high. In any deck you build, you should never overlook the strengths of passively generated dmg.

Tubesox likes this.
  7. Tubesox

This was massively helpful. Appreciated. And yeah, ps4 can't craft legs yet.

8. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

How to farm ranked with ice amp:
    [​IMG]