I'm scared of the new client

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by potatonuts, Jul 6, 2017.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

The other day i was checking stuff out in skirmish when somehow the last unit i had selected took the movement orders i gave to another unit and burned all its ap running off in the complete wrong direction.

Any other craziness i should be aware of before jumping into ranked?

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

That's really the Only big thing i guess always make sure if you change your mind about using a spell to cast it outside of your presence. Not just in the rune dock

3. themacca

Oh and to avoid the movement bug just don't confirm your next move til the last guy stops

Fentum likes this.
  4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

In a game where time management is crucial, we have to force ourselves to slowdown. Makes powerturns incredibly frustrating. Also be careful if you instantly move a unit at the start of your turn, because this bug also occurs if the enemy unit is still moving.

Fentum and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  5. potatonuts

Yeah i couldnt seem to find a way to not cast Quickening earlier as it doesn't require any spell presence. Guess i just have to wait for some fixes, like every one else seems to be doing.

6. themacca

You could maybe alt tab then unclick. Cant confirm though

7. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

It's pretty terrible. I've closed the client a couple times because of how annoying 2x2 movement confirmation is by now and even remade decks to take out all 2x2s because of that. But then BG selection itself is horrendous when you have 100+ BGs like me.

Fentum likes this.
  8. potatonuts

Guess ill just remove Mobi again.

Aside from these issues how has the game been since the new client? I can't say i've seen it do the pop any favors, im kind of worried about how this will affect the game long term.

9. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

I like it, adds another dynamic to the game xD

10. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

This is actually pretty bad.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Ahh so this is slowly migrating to the "feature" category... noice

12. rathma

rathma Member

to re-allocate placement of moving a unit aka it went too far and you want to back it up a bit hold the right mouse while holding left it will allow you to move where you want to without getting stuck moving where you don't want or in the wrong direction

13. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I find the new client a bit worse than the old but still generally playable.

The specific biggies for me are

No chat
    Having to S L O W D O W N to stop champs following movement orders from previous champ
    The dance of the 2x2s
    Frequently being 'stuck' on a selected champ and needing to click around to deselect it and then select another.
    Sometimes the BG scroll bar works well, other times it takes me five minutes of detailed clicking and dragging to find my BG ( from a couple hundred)

Nothing life changing, just all a bit worse.

The only thing that has actually cost me a game is the lack of graphical and sound info on effects such as impervious. I KNOW the champ has the abil but I am used to hearing and seeing the activation. I still forget to check by actually clicking on the champ and that in itself is quite tedious.

Gnomes likes this.