OMG what did you do to the game :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LadyJava, Jul 7, 2017.

1. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

I'm like so confused now I do take it it has been a year maybe more since I last played but what the heck

2. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

Welcome to hell.

Leadrz, Pixyrus, xaznsoulx and 2 others like this.
  3. rathma

rathma Member

step 1 give up sanity, step 2 enjoy the insanity. relax play bots tell you get a feel for the bugs and try not to take anything serious

voodoov likes this.
  4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah they killed it pretty much. Any time I've checked on less than 5 games in ranked. 0 PSN players , client is pretty much unplayable and gives you cancer if you do play it.

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Not that bad but worse then it was by a lot

The only improvement i know of is how easy it is to improve your pox collection

6. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Yeah it's cool for the casual player who just wants to build BGs . But the CCG aspect isn't dead due to far too many unobtainable LEs as well as the PSN launch LEs whi hare unobtainable to PC players. Cant enjoy the CCG aspect of the game as a result.

potatonuts likes this.
  7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I was trying to be positive about this but I cant find any reasons to be.

8. Tubesox

Tubesox The King of Potatoes

Psn players, like me, shy away from ranked. Without a combat log we are at a huge disadvantage, though there are several hundred current players on ps4. I actually mod and run a group for pox on ps4. We do play custom matches, but we try to set them up against other ps4 players. Most stick to solo for now, but interest, and patience is fading. The console crowd is hugely spoiled, and will run from bugs. I can get why pc players who have been around for awhile are pist about the client. But i would guess that the small, albeit loyal, pc player base could not sustain the game financially. I just hope the issues get squared away before the console folks lose interest. Just myself, and the small group I play with have dumped about $2500 on the game in the last 3 or 4 weeks. We got not much in return but its more a show of support, than anything. Fyi, some ppl introduced to the game on ps, now play on pc. If i had a pc, i would. Got to rambling a bit there, apologies. Jobu be with you.

Teardrop82, Ferehn, Fentum and 2 others like this.
  9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I played like 7 games I think. Had game-changing bugs occur in ~4 of those 7 (bugs that previously didn't exist). Like seriously why the heck does unstoppable not work against slam anymore????!!! I'm admittedly extremely rusty and probably would have lost a few anyways, but losing due to things blatantly not working correctly pisses me off way too much for me to get back into the game.

10. potatonuts

It's good to know that there has been some success on PS4 but i wish they had waited until the client was finished.

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

How many times will I have to repeat they were faced with a hard deadline and - as such - they had to release it now or never?

12. potatonuts

I guess for as long as you choose to defend this horrendous decision making, regardless if it was made by DoG or Sony.

13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I'm not. I'm just tired of people repeating themselves like a broken record.

14. potatonuts

That's literally the first time i've said anything along those lines. That and this thread might as well be titled 'QQ here' so maybe dont read it if you are fed up of it?

15. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

half my games i have to watch big long white streaks fly around the screen, it hurts my eyes!

admittedly my laptop does not meet the minimum requirements to play the game in the new client so maybe thats it, i wont be getting a new pc / laptop anytime soon.

16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Hire a god level game tech team and sacrifice some profit to turn this sht show into a super show. Your best isn't good enough. There are 100's if not more previous players who silently watch these forums and scrutinize the decisions you have made. We waiting..... If you fix it they will come... people will come back!
    People will watch poxnora it will be magic like James earl jones talking about baseball in field of dreams.

poinl and Pedeguerra like this.
  17. Ferehn

Ferehn New Member

Meanwhile in the land of F2P players making demands for game developers. Honestly I don't see why this is a such a big deal to everyone. They changed something that is their property. They own the game and can do with it what they please. If they felt like Sony strayed from what Pox was supposed to be then I think they have the right to change it. I'm sure it's frustrating having to go from a fully functional client to one that needs a lot of work, but there is absolutely no reason to drag DOG through the dirt just because they want to make changes. Have some patience and don't pin your hopes on them giving into your demands and making the game what you want it to be.

18. potatonuts

If you'd been around for as long as the rest of us then you'd understand why telling us to 'have some patience' is incredibly ignorant. A lot of the guys around have been patient for literally years, this isn't something that we just decided to turn into a drama. It has driven away a significant portion of the core playerbase and they are more than due their criticisms.

Personally I'm more disappointed than anything, this could have been a great thing for the game but look how it turned out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    Bondman007 likes this.
  19. Querthose

Querthose The King of Potatoes

I've been playing some bot games here and there on PC, and there's no one left in this game. Are the PS people on a different server? I mean, I'd be thrilled to discover that Pox is still active somewhere. I'm sitting on a huge collection, and I keep thinking, "One day soon, I'm going to not be able to log in any longer".

20. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure something like 50% of my losses on the new client are due to gamebreaking bugs, think it actually might be more. Game is in a pretty rough state and while a lot of the overarching problems are getting fixed, this stuff is still BS and isn't getting fixed fast enough.