Where are the greens?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poxrooster, Jul 12, 2017.

1. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

I haven't seen much feedback. Has anyone?

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Yeah i'm quite surprised at the lack of communication since the cataclysm. Some reassurance would probably go down well.

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I really don't think the new client is unbearable, aside from the obvious deck manager problems, new gameplay bugs, and occasional movement glitch due to screen panning. Releasing it to the public was obviously a very stupid decision in the first place however, it clearly wasn't ready.

All in all, what bothers me is bad design.

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

K

5. potatonuts

The whole thing just irritates me, all the little annoyances just add up and by the end of a few turns im struggling to have any fun at all. Don't wana get into bashing on the new client in yet another thread but that's just how it is for me.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't know how much more I can say that I haven't said elsewhere. What do you want to know?

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

how's india?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. potatonuts

I'm quite interested to see what your step by step plan is to get the client at least on par with the old one. If you already spoke about that i'd appreciate if you could point me toward the right thread.

It would be nice if there was a pinned thread or something in general to sum up the situation for anyone who doesn't have the full picture just yet.

9. Sokolov

That's not really my role so we'd have to ask @Senshu for that. What I do know is that we prioritized stability type issues first which is why the first few patches have been about freezing and loading issues.

10. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

rough ETA / schedule on new content? From what i've picked up the next release will be 8 legendary midterms, followed by a full (playermade?) expansion.

Do you have a timetable? Vague or otherwise

Where does the pack upgrade fit into this?

Concerned that people are clamouring for more than just 8 runes, so hopefully not a big gap between the 2.

11. Regulate

As a follow up as I am generally pretty critical, but damn you knocked it out of the park with the 5k gold packs. Actually makes things affordable and, at least to me, poxbox dead.

12. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

Indeed, the new decks are insanely good. Poxbox is dead for many people right now, that's why he's offering a discount on credits atm, to milk the last bit of money he can

13. Sokolov

Correct.

I expect the mid-terms in a few weeks. Followed by the expansion in ~1-2 months. Obviously these are not hard dates but just a rough guess on my part. It depends on a lot of factors. Realistically both sets of content are almost done, so it's more related to final polish/testing and timing with client fixes (which we have prioritized over any work to get new content out).

Pack upgrades is a ??? right now and unlikely to fit in til the client is in a better state (partly why we did the other deck cost/adjustments, as they were easier to do and partly fulfill a similar idea to give new players a way to get into the game quicker with modifiable decks).

Alakhami and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  14. Regulate

Thanks. If those turn out to be roughly accurate i'd say it was longer than I hoped but a shorter wait than I feared, so that's something!

15. Sokolov

Yea, had the client been stable we'd have released the mid-terms by now, but aside from the usability issues it also had major stability issues with the freezing and crashes.

16. Regulate

Makes sense.

Do you have a personal favourite design from the upcoming midterms?

17. Sokolov

There's a bit of a new mechanic/idea that they all share, so I am pretty interested to see how it works out. Hopefully it's not too OP...

I like the thematic of the new Vampyre, because he has Strength of Body and can steal MAX HP.

The SP one should be fun for power turns.

While the IS one just looks badass:
    upload_2017-7-12_20-26-39.png

18. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Thank you for something! This is encouraging.

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

oh right this is probs the first people are seeing of the artwork from the midterms. theyre all just as good as this chick too.

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

"OMG Im soooo coool I have seen all the midterms, bow down to my noob feet almight playerbase of 12 people".
    LOL

Pixyrus, Baskitkase, Tweek516 and 3 others like this.