Can pox die already...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris0024, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

It has been around the corner for too long. I dont really think there are corners anymore in this game.. just a big round sphere
    It feels as if i've been waiting for something for more than a year.. i also tryed to be hooked by the future "player made expac" but even if they release an expansion now it would be the midterms, so best case scenario its 6 more months to see the content im interested in
    ;(

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Longsword, search these forums about it.

chris0024 likes this.
  3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well in the old expansion threads nothing relaly impressed me, but i would be happy for new content

4. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

Great thx

5. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

Pox has always had it's bugs, large client related problems, and a small playerbase, BUT, you won't find another game like it, no matter how hard you look. Seeing this game die would be tough.

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I'd also be willing to give up my collection and rebuy/trade on 2.0 if it would bring a better possibly PC only game.

Pox was fun before this client for all its flaws, I'm sure it has potential with changes here and there.

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I don't see how purposely killing the game helps anyone. IMO worst case scenario at this point would be reverting back to the old client so we could play the game still.

That server must cost next to nothing to run, there is no point in shutting the game down.

On top of that the devs might actually fix it.

8. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

lol can I just say I find it hilarious when people say that the before mentioned game is a pox 2.0 (I belong to that group) while the guy who designed it says it has nothing to do with pox to justify spreading the word on the pox forums xD. In regards to pox, personally if they could bring back the old client for us PC users and keep this client for PS players and work on it till its finished then we all migrate back.

9. badgerale

I can't be bothered to check, but I'm pretty sure he said he was a pox player and it was directly inspired by pox. The mechanics are exactly the same as pox, only real difference is a functional terrain height system (which pox kinda has).

I think the title of the thread actually called it a 'pox clone'.

10. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I would pay a $5/month subscription fee to keep the off-topic forums open. They are great fun. They game is mush.

Kampel likes this.
  11. nepyonisdead

yeah guess you are right, my anger blinds me once more xD

It just pisses me off to see people trying to use the hardships of pox to their own gain let alone the whole originality of the idea of the game. What other game can you play for 10+ years and still be excited about... thats the pox magic and that will never die :)

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Can you PM me a link to unsaid aforementioned and not repeated game?

13. badgerale

http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/longsword-pox-clone-upgrade.27501/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1319847883/longsword-tabletop-tactics/

Well, it's not like Pox hasn't had the chance to do something like this. After all these years I don't think anyone could accuse @zer0sum of opportunism. Pox (be it DOG or sony) left the gap in the market by not providing a credible successor to pox version 1 (rather than simply making endless pox 1.x versions).

And despite the mechanical similarities, it does have a clear difference in look and feel, being a more full hearted 'miniatures simulator' than pox is. So the target audience is slightly different, being more to do with tabletop gamers than pox is aimed at.

So i think there is still room for DOG to turn the tables and actually copy longsword if it wanted to, depending on how succesful longsword is.

Gnomes and chris0024 like this.
  14. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

What amazes me is ONE guy made the whole thing...

Also I looked at it, if it had pox art and champs I would like it. Also I kinda don't like the idea of their actually being a table... Ruins the emergence... If it was just a big field like in pox but with the same movability of the camera and depth...ide love it. The map that he has and the camera angle really makes you feel like some omnipitent general.

EDIT: He has the chance to make your own champion for 1000$.... now i can pox 2.0 with his client 1 rune at a time...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    xaznsoulx likes this.
  15. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

My problem atm is there is no reason to login and play anymore. The pack release in the marketplace made me get so much shards and runes for the lil gold i had stacked i got all runes i want and can get F2P.
    So a week has gone without starting the client or looking at the forums, and in IS forum its 2 weeks since i made the last post in those threads.
    So the game is kinda dead, but i blame summer and that the devs are on vacations.
    still have hope that a few bugs will be fixed, and some expansionplans coming this autumn.

i tried the longsword game, but need a computer to play it, it was way more graphic intense then PoxNora is.

Still wish they had just released the originial expansion runes with the new client, got all those abilities and rune working first, instead of try to get all thousands of abilities and runes up and running. and have had a 6months plan for releasing the rest of the old expansions, then it would have been smother to code/betatest and had been alot of fun with old memories.

16. nepyonisdead

What is dead may never die!!!

MaruXV and Hierokliff like this.
  17. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Has anyone played shardbound?

In all honesty I'm holding my breath on any doomsaying until a release finally comes out. A lot of sleepers.

18. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hahaha, thanks!?
    @MrBadguy , where can I find this Pox 2.0?

Edit: nevermind, Longsword thats it right.

19. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

das it mane

20. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Looks really dope.
    If that game gets going I doubt Pox will live past this year, which is a shame. But people did advise the company to forget about this dying game and create a new one.
    Shame