Longsword: Pox Clone / Upgrade

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zer0sum, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

You can't copyright game mechanics.

2. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

You can't tell me what to do!

3. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

In all honesty this 3d style and map makability but with out the table and with out the pedestals is what I see pox 2.0 as... Can we make that @Sokolov ?

4. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Looks more like Heroscape!

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

maps are really nice. i personally dont like very much the unit's graphic style. Hope it goes well for you^^

6. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Played the demo, very nice, feels smooth, the table and music makes it feel like a real tabletop game.
    My PC can barely reach minimum requeriments tho Dx

I might be too used to Pox but to give a movement command its kinda awkward, would rather see the walking path by hovering the mouse than having to click terrain.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Looks awesome, but 30$ is steep for an early access with pox graphics. Having a map editor was a genius idea, and hinting a potential other version of your game is a good idea as well. Better art on the cards in the future would be cool as well, I always pictured a card game single player mode like this where you find the cards in the actual map itself.

Keep up the good work, and looking forward to future releases.

8. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Are the minimum requirements going to change? I'm pretty sure there's a great lot of windows 7 players that'll love to have a go at the game.

9. zer0sum

zer0sum The King of Potatoes

Yeah it runs fine on Windows 7, I updated the specs

10. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I told zer0 to change those icons like 8 months ago and he said he'd get right on it. Lazy sod been wasting all his time on gameplay mechanics and map editors and bug fixes and all that other Bane Shift.

DiCEM0nEY, 19madfox95 and zer0sum like this.
  11. Durama

Durama New Member

Hey, loving the general concept and the demo is great. If you need an artist in the future I'd be happy to lend a hand :)

12. zer0sum

What kind of art do you do?

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

[​IMG]

DiCEM0nEY, 19madfox95, SPiEkY and 2 others like this.
  14. zer0sum

15. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

I'm playing this. Definitely. I'm a university student so I can't help the KS funding...I have so much more I need to pay for.

16. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

100% winrate so far. Come at me bro.

17. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

How is development going for this game? Do you have a dev blog?

18. zer0sum

Going well. I don't run a blog but I spend all day on the Steam forums. There's a running patch notes thread that I update with every major change and I'm always there answering questions etc

MrBadguy likes this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Saw that after I posted. I might check the game out. Do you know off hand if it would run on a surface pro 3 tablet, i7 with 4gb ram and no gpu?

Also, are there going to be rewards for players who buy the alpha access? Like free skins or something? And lastly, the one thing that turned me off was that there were some pay to win features, or competitive power which can only be bought. Am I misunderstanding? In my personal opinion aesthetic sales only are the best, ala dota2. Even the pox lims piss me off tbh.

Thx for the response btw. Also, I could be wrong about the specs, I think those are them for my tablet

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  20. zer0sum

Unfortunately it will not run without a GPU. This is a pretty heavy 3D game.

People who buy the alpha access get a full play set of cards. When the game "releases", the cards will go into their Steam Inventory. The price of the game will then be free, and people who want to grind for cards can get them just by playing. The only difference is that free cards cannot be traded. So every card bought with real money will be tradeable; everything earned with gold is not. This should keep the economy stable enough.

Basically I will always offer the full playset to anyone who wants to buy in. Otherwise, I will offer smaller bundles like single-faction playsets if you want to just get a smaller set. This all comes together with the release of other play sets, like sci-fi playsets, WW2, etc. It also lets you share your collection with a friend, or trade into sets that you haven't bought.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.