The new client is good.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Varthas, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

I like it. I am a long time casual, i must admit the old client was warmer and had a somewhat reliable & a well used chat, and the new client don`t have that, yet? Also the guild thing.

But as a platform i like the new one, it feels well thought out, and to include a console i think they must have made a fair amount of (unspeakable)sacrifices.

So thanks alot for the work on that client, it is good already.

super71 likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Thanks for the kind words.

That said, I think the general criticism of the new client are quite fair so I personally wouldn't be comfortable calling it "good" myself, but glad to know you appreciate some parts of it :)

Etherielin and Thbigchief like this.
  3. Poxineer

Poxineer The King of Potatoes

new client sux and the gamez broke was in q 4 4 hourz like 1 person online .... ya was me itz a joke

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

New client cost me a game yesterday, did an attack before essence drain due to inprecise selection mechanics.

It's almost competitive, just needs bugs ironed out. However, needs to happen quickly.

I'd like to see some easy balancing done in the mean time. There's plenty of easy fixes that would not effect the code, and would require minimal effort.

Things such as:

Increase reforge cost
    Increase shatter (spell) cost
    Increase loot cost
    Increase silent contemplation / kento cost
    Increase sand spray cost

This list is very uncontraversial, it's quite obvious these spells are making an entire subset of runes nearly unplayable. (Kento and sand spray just being imba)

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

It seems like alot of people have taken a break from pox right now (Hopefully only until midterms). So the devs still have a few weeks to iron out some client problems and hopefully we can all return to a much smoother running pox.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

After having played it a fair bit, it's not terrible, it's just those few obvious problems that are costing it.

Chat, Rune manager, pathing, combat log links, plus a few fairly serious bugs - oh, and having to click the rune art for the options menu???

Maybe there's a way to do some promotion after these are fixed.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  7. Protick

Protick I need me some PIE!

You can hit escape for the options menu, but yeah clicking the rune art is a workaround if the client doesn't let you hit escape, which happens sometimes.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  8. badgerale

I mean, it's absolutely fine when you know how to do it -- it's just weird that they hide the options menu in something you have no indication to click on.

9. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Isn't it just common sense? I swear every single game I've ever played Esc has always brought up the menus/options.

10. DiCEM0nEY

People want a few weeks, but it's been 1.5 month? That's where the true frustration is imo.

11. badgerale

Maybe, I never use the keyboard while playing so maybe it's just me. But every other game i've played has had a specific 'options' button too.

12. ambergris

ambergris The King of Potatoes

I haven't been able to pay at all since the new client was implemented. I downloaded the new client and let it install, but when I click "Play Now", nothing happens. The game never loads. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and clicking "Play Now" multiple times, but none of that works. I'd like to be able to play again. Help?

I'm on a PC running Windows 8.1

13. DiCEM0nEY

isnt the upgrade to ten free?

not that windows 8 is that bad. It was def a more ui friendly os on a surface tablet

14. ambergris

10 is free, but I like 8.1. I agree that 8 might be ok on a surface tablet, but I was trying to use it on my laptop and I hated the UI. 8.1 fixes those problems.

15. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

so good that I or any of my friends haven't logged on to pox for 2 months

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

i mean, its all nice and good, but even after they finish all of the bugs, and everything is up to snuff Gameplay wise, the game is still the same old game that we have been playing for 9+ years... i mean just adding new runes and minor additions is just meh... after seeing the potential of where the game could be graphic wise from that long sword thing im kinda depressed. Its like when you never had a something better you dont ask for it or want it, but once you see how much better it could be, its just sad looking at what you do have.

17. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Timer is broken

18. DiCEM0nEY

i was referring to the ui in 8.x being good for surface tablets. 10 functions well wiyh surface pro 3 tablet now though

19. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

I don`t see it that way, if you look at in example Battlefield it is also 9+ years old, but has evolved in new versions but it is still Battlefield, and for me Bf2 was the best, and in Bf3 the graphics where amasingly better, with flashing lights and effects everywhere, and it made the game worse, to me it became unplayable.

PoxNora has evolved and i kinda miss the old vanilla game, at the same time i love that it evolves. I don`t think any board game can draw me away from Pox just because of graphic, quite the opposite, as i enjoy a classical wood board & pieces with chess so much more than some fancier boards.

The way Pox has evolved with unimagineable possibilites and combos makes it quite uniqe, and the collectors aspect can only be a real collectors aspect once the yeas keep on ticking. I remember how much this game fitted us after a buddy introduced me in 2007 or 08.

I am so thankful for this game, it is a perfect casual game, and also a perfect game to go hardcore for a while.

Finaly i remember starting World of Warcraft on EU release day(feb 2005), thinking this was gonna be the long term game for me, but it really evolved badly into a childish grindparty just adding more areas, more bosses, and for every expansion the game grew thinner and thinner, by 2007 i didnt like the game at all anymore.

To me PoxNora became the game who stayed with me tru the years.

20. ambergris

Ah, I see. I play the game on my laptop (or, I did, back when it worked). I haven't tried it on a tablet.

I just want to be able to play the damn game again.