Ronin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chickenpox2, May 1, 2014.

1. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Anyone know when DoG gonna release it they seem to be taking forever LOLZ
    I hope it comes out within 2 week

2. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

There. Fixed it.

3. dirtylimey

dirtylimey Devotee of the Blood Owl

Space is good for things to go in.

4. Alfiriel

Alfiriel New Member

revamp first pls .... dont make new runes that than also need to be revamped lol

ptjimbo and DarkJello like this.
  5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Instead of making a new thread you should've just looked for the other 2-3 threads about it.

DarkJello likes this.
  6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I hope they release Ronin at the same time they release the revamp!

7. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

I hope they don't make Ronin runes OP for sales like Sokolov and CorpsE did , so we ended up with more complex and OP runes every expansion.
    Make them unique not OP (in the long run this will come a bait you and then SoE scenario all over again ) and IM happy

Woffleet likes this.
  8. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I maybe alone here but I hope there are 2-3 weeks minimum between the revamp and ronins release. that way I can learn and get a feel for the new system before I get new runes to learn. that way I don't under value what trade stock I do buy into, not that I care about the illusion of profit.

ptjimbo likes this.
  9. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I feel the same way.

10. Rokuta

Rokuta New Member

Gedden said in-game that " a VERY rough eta for the revamp would be a month?"
    That's obviously not very much to go on because "ESTIMATED" time of arrival and "VERY rough" were both used.
    Well at least it's something.

11. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i agree with you guys but we don't even know when revamp gonna happen

12. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I have been whining about this for several weeks now....Coming soon does not mean what they think it does. They responded to a email from me and said the revamp was coming first and that they would announce a release date for Ronin at some point after that. So my guess is probably looking at late may/early june for the revamp, which makes aroundthe 4th of july holiday a convenient time to release xpac and hopefully have their first 'sale event'.

The revamp is clearly supposed to be toning the whole game down, making things less complex, and reducing the powercreep. All of these things will make it easier for new blood to start/learn the game. However this stuff won't generate much income from existing players who already have large rune collections.

The xpac is going to end up coming out after we all get a couple thousand 'new' runes to relearn how to play. Expansions are supposed to add new things and incremental power. Only the veterans perceptions will really matter with how well Ronin sells...New players won't know the difference, but the veterans will see the new stuff and speculate just like they always do. So either they will offer new stuff/improvments or the runes wont be very appealing. If the revamp comes across as badly done or overkill nerfs then it will translate to a very slow beginning for DoG. A lot of us are just itching to fork over some cash for new runes, but I think we're all pretty much done paying cash for extended set boxes for 1 exo and basically never have legs.