SL is too powerful. This topic is about Skeezick.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Jul 30, 2017.

1. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

SL has either the first or second best bonus in the game. Other bonuses are not as strong, especially since this bonus can counter breath.

But Skeezick are very OP even if they had a worthless bonus, such as the IS or FW bonus. Totem of the fallen has no counter, aside from obscure methods which arent realistic to carry in most decks. Skeezick canoner has too much damage for his range, and no real draw back if positioned with half a brain.

Resillant skeezick is too powerful.

Whorl is whorl.

Bolter is like 70 for ranged flanking (that is unfair).

Blackguard is strong in his own right.

skeezick drummer has a 4 turn charm, unecessary for a support unit that is easy to position safely and gives a hugh buff for sub 60 nora.

SL is the most versatile and strong faction aside from these points.

Why do skeezicks have so much synergy? Compare with most themes which have little synergy, skeezick have like 4 multiplicative abilities within their group. The patch two patches ago removed things like surge, commander, defender, ETC from other groups, and limited them to 1 or 2 per theme. Can we please have the same done for this shitty theme, and shitty faction?

Also Nerf the joke of a bonus please. It is really embarrassing that it is allowed to exist in it's current state.

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

Lushiris and NevrGonaGivUup like this.
  3. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

4. Are people playing Skeezicks in high elo? 32 rank wins in, haven't seen a single Skeezick deck.

5. DiCEM0nEY

Wouldn't consider much of high ell atm, client is very unstable. However, I'm sure players can play full skeezick in near top ell, as so we decks are drastically better than other themes.

6. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I made a thread forever ago in sl forums showing all the synergy skeezick has, it gets out of hand once they stack a few things and they have a Bane Shift ton of ap gen with war cry, the skeezick spell and a couple other abilities in theme.

7. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

skeezick are Bane Shift and i actually played them for ages.

dragons, skywing, meta, draksar, sand are all waay better. theres plenty better in other factions too.

i hope pox doesnt die because all of you can take skeez to bm, i expect a 3000 elo rank from each of you posting in this thread since skeez are soo easy street.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  8. super71

Pox is dying because of the elitist mentality of pox players and no new content/patches, nobody is gonna play skeezick, because nobody is playing the game. I simply said skeezick are strong which they are, they have good synergy, which they do, and good ap gen, which they do. Do you argue any of those points ?

Also to argue that skeezick aren't strong because dragons, draksar and meta sl are stronger is a very dumb argument. You basically said skeezick aren't as good because the rest of sl is op....

If your gonna argue for a faction you like or a theme you like at least put up a better fight, don't knock yourself out with your own punch.

Also sl bonus + regen and all the other sl defensive abilities are what's breaking sl, again I said this when the bonus was released. Sl bonus in combination with all sl regen and what not is gonna make sl op. Here we are, another time where I'm right.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  9. I'm gonna give SL the benefit of the doubt, until I get more rank games in.

My biggest peeve is Phalanx marker doesn't die to Seism. For some reason it's the only relic that gains the SL bonus. Bug or not, it's gamechanging. Everyone assumes relics take 20 dmg to seism. Dropping a seism champ to NOT kill the relic is a game losing play.

Edit: Not a bug. Phalanx marker has tough 3. Like WTF, why make this they only relic to not die to seism.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  10. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

there are a pretty decent amount of relics in the game that can survive seism.

11. Name a good relic that can survive seism (without mason spire) please.

12. Chris

Chris I need me some PIE!

If you are relying on seism killing a relic id guess you have already lost.

13. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Guard tower, Statue of Xulos, Nora Mine, Ruby/Sapphire catalyst, Tortun Land Cannon.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  14. DiCEM0nEY

Statue of xulous really shouldn't be on that list lol. It can survive seism, but it probably won't be strong afterwards. Also, it doesn't survive it on the turn directly after it is deployed.

15. super71

Thread about skeezick, gets derailed to be a thread about relics and seism.... Welcome to the pox forums where nothing get's talked about because were always getting off topic.

16. DiCEM0nEY

I'll respond when I have more time. Busy week. I was going to comment how "if skeketon were nerfed, skeezick should be nerfed too" but in a less *****y and more intelligent way. Something along the lines of skellies were never THE best FW option, but were nerfed.

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

sepulcher of kings, sacred temple, nora mine. guard tower, sanctuary of hope, landcannon, off the top of my head

Lushiris likes this.
  18. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Endless Iceberg has 25 HP now too (although countering Seism is one of its purposes). And Sepulcher has more than 20 HP if you have 3 or more Dwarves out; ok, it's incredibly hard to see it with less than 21 HP, but the possibility does exist.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This is incorrect. Statue will have 22 HP at the start of the opponent's turn immediately after the Statue is deployed, and so it is completely immune to being one-shot by Seism.

This is also partly incorrect. Statue's numerical value will take a 10 turn [5 round] hit from Seism, but unless the Statue is being repeatedly hit by multiple Seism champions*, it will continue to accrue health over the long-term and thus maintain its structural value within a BG, namely, providing increased strength over time that is not connected with any single champion's survival.

*Assuming that the opposing player has 2 Seism champions that cost roughly 75 nora each, and that the opposing player has these champions destroyed on the turn after they come into play, that player could theoretically turn out a Seism activation every 15 turns (30 turn [15 round] CD per champ / 2 champs). This still wouldn't be enough to prevent the Statue from having positive net growth. The opposing player would either need cheaper Seism champions (2 at <50 nora each) or more (3 at <75 nora) to be able to destroy the Statue with only Seism, assuming that the Seism champions are functioning perfectly within their cooldowns. Not bloody likely.

NevrGonaGivUup and Tweek516 like this.
  20. DiCEM0nEY

My mistake if my mechanics are off, I was only recalling getting my statue tornadoed one game.

Regardless, No player is going to waste a seism on a statue, unless it is on a font, in which case it will be taken care of shortly after the seism anyways (or they'll lose the font and be in a bad position). I honestly rarely get two uses out of statue and win the game, in terms of stats. If I was facing a FW player, id probably just kill the xulous, or equip a firk helm...