ST beasTanks

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by MaruXV, Jan 15, 2017.

1. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

stanks.png

Idea is going cheap meat/ phalanx style with big tanks, high hp high def, and spam out fast friends to get dmg output.

turtle with defender and ally, for some ap gen
    giant with dread to get even more tanky
    frostfall tardigrade with freeze aura.

fast friend spam for dmg and more tankiness,
    retreat combo with turtle, giant, wolf and azaren to get their enter the field ability proc again.
    doomballs with orb and bounce, they get domain from spell

idea is very simple, not many tricks but high solidity, playing around def stats boosting and getting dmg from encourage. Sure it lacks range units, but when you easily have 4-6 def units with 60+ hp and 1-2 dread aura active, you dont get that much dmg from range and you should get time to go in melee range.

Xzablaz and guokamoli54 like this.
  2. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

Love this idea man this is actually very similar looking to me beast BG lol Tardigrade backed up by wingmasters is a sick combo

MaruXV likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I run a spell less version of this.

MaruXV likes this.
  4. guokamoli54

guokamoli54 I need me some PIE!

You using premafrost obelisk? Ive played obelisk decks for along time its alot of fun.

5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

fast friend and lusara are too good here not to be played. others are tools.

6. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

i think your beast choices are good though I would make a few tiny adjustments.

your support selections are very different then what I would choose though.

wither way hope its working for you

7. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

what would you play? i like wingmaster for the altdmg/support. tried with furbmother but too slow in an already slow bg

8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Where the gales and swaps man ??

Retreat combo is cool on azaren.

No keeneye crown ??

9. calisk

is the retreat combo good? I means...couldn't you just deploy a tusk rune....and that rune would have upgrades I mean you essentially gain a tusk without upgrades and maybe a heal if aza is injured (which according to soko and cydna doesn't happen anymore ;) ) but at the cost of 35 nora + 93 - 46 so 81 nora minimum for a tusk....that's not very effecient....a fully upgraded tusk at most will run you 51 nora, oh and he'd be a real champ as well rater then a summon

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  10. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

gale is there. Swap could be in but 1 im bad at using it 2 im trying to stay light on spells, i'm also trying to get down to 1 retreat 1 healing, but they also help the adaptive of doomballs...
    keeneye could stay in, but its better on flying like juya, and i dont run her

11. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

its good if you dont look at it like " drop azaren, next turn i get him back and in again" but more like the sacrifice spell of UD. Azaren/giant/turtle is almost dead, i get it back and redrop, getting also the on drop effect again.

12. calisk

yes so you run it for the hope to catch him in a near death state and not get one rounded, which of course never happens in the current meta :)

either way running two hoping to catch this state seems like a waste of slots....running 1 also seems like a waste of slots since it's such a rare and unique scenario and using it on any champ aside from azaren is you spending nora to remove your own champ off the board for your opponent, especially a deck focusing on low cost beasts

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Keeneye is great on doomie or renovator.

I'd drop at least 1 healing hand for another gale or something. Doomies give it away.

14. calisk

it's worth mentioning that unlike with sacrifice you cannot profit off of retreat near as easily.

with retreat - a 70 nora champ will net you exactly 0 nora profit where sacrifice would net you 29 nora profit + the nora globe will likely be picked up by you for an addition 10 or so nora so let's say 40 nora profit.

to be clear you'd more easily turn a nora profit off of soul frost then this rune.

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

indeed 2 retreats is too much, but im still going to run 1. drop one for swap. Keeneye i'm still not convinced, maybe i will go for the precision relic instead...

16. calisk

I go back and forth between the two myself I'm not convinced of which is better both accomplish the same thing but each does better in certain scenarios.

One thing I'm sure of though is keen eye is better if you run any 1-3 range units as to give them full font coverage

17. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Is that BG fun?

19. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

quite, yeah. why it shouldn't?

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Dunno. Beasts in general just look boring. The new rune looks cool though so that should give me enough motivation to finally play Beasts now.