Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I think they are fairly different -- at least, their use cases feel different to me. This is much more true, actually, when using Initiative rather than Impatient.

Ditched Stitch Lib like a bag of hot poo. Trying Leech Vit on Reflecting Creeper, seeing if the increased cost is worth having another burly champ. Rotmaw is back in for anti-equip, which I think is valuable right now, and it's a fine champ. Not quite what it used to be, but there you go.

Putrid and Phantasmal have already been my highest priority deploys, but I am becoming more and more convinced that they should be even higher. The AP generated by Portal provides such tremendous value in lieu of Bile Zombie that I wonder how worms would get by without it. And Putrid Creeper just doesn't seem to die once it hits the field. Ranks of Tough, 3 DEF, high max health, and the ability to full heal on the spot is incredible.

Almost considering cutting Colossus because of how important the tanking from Reflecting and Putrid is compared to the big guy.

Edit: I still think Reflecting Creeper is an awkward little guy, but a bunch of HP, healing, and Mirrored is just good. 3-4 RNG, 6 SPD, and Lethargic is one nasty combo, though.

Woffleet likes this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Dropped UT for Soul Reaver -- if we got Cleanse, might as well use it. Important as a counter to sources of Distract. Not worth it just to pop one BZ, the champ has been nerfed too hard for that, but I think it can have a place on Blood Fiend and Phantasmal.

Encountering damage problems again. The loss of some key surge champs has hurt, and I'm not sure about the workaround yet.

Leech Vit seems preferable on Reflecting, so long as you can afford the extra 5. It adds to its healing by generating 3-6 HP per attack, and also provides the potential for upscaling.

Finally settling on a spell lineup that seems ok -- includes Doom and Snuff, which are important together. Doom + Snuff means for ~70 nora you get the Doom off, neuter the champ while it's sitting around, and prevent most forms of Sac/Redeploy shenanigans. Snuff also serves as a very cheap counter to most anti-spell stuff, like Backfire or, particularly, Snowblind, although not Cancel Magic.

Putrid upgrades still in flux: trying 2x Consume, 1/1 on Aura/Scour now. Getting the fat body on the field is very important, and I want to see if keeping a cheap Consume version on tap is worth it.

Wishlist:
    • Putrid was at 6 SPD.
    • Ravenous Torrent on Colossus did scaled damage like most other 2-5 DNG attacks.
    • Some cheap, durable melee champion.

Had some trouble with IS and SL, which is not a good sign. I think part of making this deck work better will be just forcing myself to change my deployment patterns, but I am still concerned about the damage options. Bile Zombie just doesn't cut it anymore, especially when you are spending SDZ to play it.

Edit: Committed to the 2x Consume plan now; Putrid is incredible. The single Chattering Maw is a good include, but I am not looking to pop in a second. Bile Zombie is still a 2x, but this champ underwhelms me compared to any previous version. I've come back around on Blinking Creeper, running Unspeakable. Soured on the 2x Initiative Twilight -- considering dropping the second back to Impatient, or swapping it out for a non-Leech Reflecting Creeper. The max-nora Reflecting has been exceptional -- much better than I thought it would be. Growing increasingly comfortable with 1x Hunter/Bleed Bloodworm. It's not great, but it fits snugly into its role. Sticking with double Commander on Phantasmals. The +DMG is worth it. Soul Reaver was a smart include.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  3. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Can you post video of you playing worms. I really enjoy the commentary + my computer isn't compatible with the new client so its been a minute since I really got to enjoy pox.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I got one, but the sound balance is whack, unfortunately.

5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I honestly don't care. But please keep up the good work.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Got a request for a budget worms list, here would be a cheap-ish version:

upload_2017-8-30_8-10-53.png

Missing the second Eye is a slight problem, and only having 2 sources of Worm Lord can be as well. The list should be still be functional though -- it has Putrid, Phantasmal, and Bile Zombie. 1x Eye, 2x Putrid are the big-ticket items here.

MaruXV and Coltsfan3 like this.
  7. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

thinking about making a worms deck, is anyone having luck with it currently?

8. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

@TinyDragon played the worms a time or two recently so I would imagine yes. If you enjoy spamming two runes it is definitely the BG for you.
    Personally, I hope its nerfed into complete oblivion...

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

They got nerfed recently to lose deployment range when deploying non worms. So bile spam has a negative now. Outside of that their overall damage output got nerfed pretty hard recently. Their unique racial still gives them the potential to be good but it really requires you to have the understanding to play them at their best

10. PoxAurora

PoxAurora The King of Potatoes

I haven't really seen anyone run them competitively since the nerf.

11. TheBulwark

This is what im running, still in playtesting mode, i dont think running only worms really causes any headaches since they have so many initiative options. BG seems fun so far
    upload_2018-1-22_21-37-58.png

12. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I've been thinking of trying worms again (for the millionth time) but I really feel like I don't know what im doing with them. I guess it's just a case of slowing the game down until you can pull off deployment zone shenanigans.

13. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Here is my gimmick split SP/FW worm deck that actually tries to use SP worms, with many movement-related spells plus black pearl to try and get albino fesh into domination range and parasitic fesh into infest range. Also utilizing Implant which is another AP gen trick and I believe is usable on mika's summoned fesh, which would mean 35 nora for a 5 AP crested fesh plus global 3 AP gen...good deal.

Anyone have any ideas to get speckled fesh's nora vitality to proc on opponent's turns?
    upload_2018-1-23_15-2-10.png

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    TheBulwark and OriginalG1 like this.
  14. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Dose reanimate or graventender work on CC or not? Can you 2x CC?

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

nah titans have eternal

OriginalG1 likes this.
  16. TheBulwark

I think I'm going to try this in ranked even though its probably not meta worthy. There is certain satisfaction to falling back and then start spamming cheap worms with init right on top of opposing ranged champs. Only problem is that games will probably take a while generally

17. TheBulwark

Do you guys run detection or unspeakable on the second line for blinking creeper. I kinda like having 4 detection units, but It seems like unspeakable is very useful too

18. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Sabotage Psychic tbh

19. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

Unspeakable definitely. A forward-deployed blinking creeper needs to be able to survive 1 round to petrify a front-liner.

20. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

I'd say that or backline Sabotage. Though I did forget that the entire FW faction doesn't have fearless anymore.