Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrBadguy, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

sounds out of character for big red and also this is not the walking dead.

they did.

you could calculate the mass of the rock from its dimensions if you know what type of rock it is (density) and then know how much force was behind the throw, I'd like to see it too.

WHOOOOO!
    [​IMG]

but it seems white walkers have a weakness to water somehow, it is also the primary form of barrier the children of the forrest used. first to cut Dorne from Essos, later at the Neck, and once more at the wall.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wow a lot of criticism in this thread. Applying logics to a show where DRAGONS ROAM THE EARTH and DEAD MEN WALK is really good, excellent job guys. Way to be, have some freaking imagination, darn it.
    That said:
    1) "Anyone who died north of the wall would turn". This isn't accurate. As far as we know, we only saw 2 situations where dead people would "turn": when the Night King himself wakes them; when they make the circular "ritual" or whatever that circular thing means. If any of those conditions isnt met, people dont turn. "Biggest plot flaw": sure yeah, theres a civil war raging on while an undead army threatens to destroy every side, let's just wait until the wall has fallen so we can take some action. Sure, it was a stupid action, as Tormund points out, but they were desperate.

2) "They felt the need to get on the dragon real quick and get away with their prize": yeah, sure, he had just MURDERED one of the supposely strongest beings in the world with a single throw of a spear, lets just turn to him and see if the fire works at all (because I dont know if you noticed, the Night King can actually put out fires by just being near it). That was a rescue mission, not a combat one. They didnt even know the Night King could do that until that very moment. Jeez.

3) Yes, the Hound is one of the strongest warriors in the whole continent, I'm pretty sure we could imagine that - this is a fantasy show, ffs. Jeez.

4) "Wights seem to be ok swimming": well, I didn't really see any of them swim, neither did you. As far as we are concerned, wights don't breath, therefore when they sink their lungs fill with water and they are just stuck in the bottom of the lake for as far as we are concerned. I'm pretty sure that the ones who had lungs and sank will stay at the bottom.

5) "The night kning somehow managed to get several hundred yards of big iron chain": dude are you in a bad mood today? Are you just being negative for the sake of it? Look, firstly, odds are those chains were probably used before - in the books, the Night King army is composed of all kind of dead creatures, from Mamoths to Giant Ice Spiders. Maybe they had to use it before. Or, if you really want to go deep in this, getting a Dragon to the Night King side might have been his plan all along. The Night King and the whits, consequently, are supposed to have been around for centuries, even thousands of years, and they never breached the wall. Maybe because they DIDNT have the MAGICAL element that was misssing. Because, lets be honest, if you cant bring down a magic ice wall with fire, maybe you can bring it down with magical ice breath. Duh.

1) Lol see previous point 1. What a terrible suggestion.

2) Maybe you are missing the big picture, maybe the Night King has greensight of his own (he was "made" by the Children, after all), and he knew he just had to sit there and wait until the dragons show up. We just dont have enough info yet to make a critic like that.

3) It was a rescue mission. Dany wasnt willing to fight that final battle at that moment. The Night King is a magic creature, he didnt need a giant to do that throw for him.

4) Yeah, that would have been cool. But honestly, its way cooler the way it is, Im pretty sure most of the people saw it coming but when the camera shifted from Jon's bed to the chains I had chills, because I knew Vyserion was being dragged out and was going to turn. It was a beautiful scene nonetheless.

Dude I get so pissed when people try to apply logics to a freaking FICTIONAL STORY. I liked that graphic there with the days and all, but honestly, if Gendry had just ran there in the span of an evening, taking the pigeon the whole night and half a day to get to Dragonstone and then Daenerys taking 1 hours to get to where Jon was, is TOTALLY ok by me, and this is coming from a guy who read the books and knows the actual distance between this places.

Jeeez.

The parts that annoyed me the most this episode are exactly the ones WITHOUT FICTIONAL ELEMENT and the ones YOU ARE NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT.
    Sansa and Arya being like that is so far fetched that I think this is all to make them come togetheter later on as they murder Littlefinger.
    I find this part harder to believe than all the time warping and supposely "plot holes".

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Geressen likes this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Ok, since I'm pretty sure you guys will find a way to see the finale beforehand, I'm only coming back to this thread next week.

Take it easy gents.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

sansa and arya being like that isn't farfetched, though. they're both wary of how much the other may have changed, and it's not like they were super close to begin with. also remember that jon snow is the guy that gave arya needle in the first place, the two of them were always closest to each other

Geressen and Pedeguerra like this.
  5. Pedeguerra

Well, yeah, I get where the show is coming from, and seing a shaken relationship is totally fine by me.
    I just think that this whole plot was poorly executed: they have a moment bonding together, than Arya calls Sansa out when she SAW Ned being decapitated and probably saw Sansa's reaction. But ok. It only gets worse afterwards, though (in my perspective): Sansa goes to Littlefinger for advice (which is believable but I dont think she would share this specific subjetct with him); then a letter arrives, and she sends Brienne away? WTF? And goes messing with Aryas stuff afterwards? And gets threatened?
    I just dont see it.
    Also, Arya is one of my favorites and IMO they are ruining her character atm. I just think they are taking too long for Littlefinger to die.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

brienne is sworn to protect both of catelyn's girls. if sansa's sending her away, there's a chance that she's thinking of pre-empting her sister.

arya didn't see ned get decapitated, the night's watch bro turned her away. definite chance she didn't see sansa breaking down, and wouldn't have been able to hear her over the crowd.

and she has no idea what the extent of arya's ability is- obviously arya has become a skilled fighter since the last time they were together, but sansa's mind is likely focused much more on the mundane, the world she knows.

and again, arya threatening sansa makes sense- they weren't close to begin with, they've grown further apart, and arya was much closer to jon whose power she feels is threatened by her potential traitor of a big sister.

Geressen likes this.
  7. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

The problem is that if you gave them dialouge like humans talk and behave none of this would be happening. I always thought the fantasy elements on this show were suppsoed to be dragons and stuff. Apparently it's human interaction.

8. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

if humans talked and behaved in only one way in the world today, that would be a more credible argument. you've got to remember that each of them knows next to nothing about the other one at this point, and the main things tying them together are nostalgia and, probably, loyalty to jon

9. Pedeguerra

@Dagda

1) Well, to be honest my theory is this: since Littlefinger gave the suggestion, she probably can see how he would try and manipulate Brienne to kill Arya in her name. Therefore, sending Brienne away eliminates that specific threat because, after all, she doesnt want Arya murdered - for now, at least;

2) Oh yeah, thats right. She gets pulled away from it, good catch;

3) Yeah, I get that part about the extent of her abilities, but going through Aryas stuff wouldnt help in that regard. They just needed to put them in the room together and needed the excuse for the threat that was coming. IMO;

4) Well, would make sense if they were the same girls they were when they left. Their family was torn to pieces, theres a freaking army of dead people marching against them, their brother has become a magic human being with no emotions whatsoever and the other one, who is king, is missing for weeks. They should be more united than ever DESPITE all the grudge between them.

Like I said, I get that there should be some attrition between them, but it's being so poorly executed this season that I cant help thinking this is all part of a big scheme to kill Littlefinger.

10. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

she's not necessarily thinking that littlefinger DOES want arya gone, that's only clear to the viewer at this point. from her point of view, there may be better reasons to have arya taken out of the picture than kept around- after all, if she was a wild child before she learned how to kill people 900 different ways, imagine how hard to control she must be now

she was going through arya's stuff looking for the message, because without it she could reason that arya's power over her is gone and that threat is squelched

and again, that's more clear to the viewer than it is to either of them. the main thing that both of them have learned is that you should be exceedingly cautious of who you trust, and so far neither of them has given a great reason to be trusted. maybe if they'd had a sit-down and explained what happened to them, this could've been avoided.

11. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

All I can say is I just hope and can't wait for the whole Sansa/Ayra showdown storyline to finish because like the rest of sansa's storylines, it's dull as Firk.

nepyonisdead likes this.
  12. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Didnt a fallen nights watchman turn while on a table back in their castle when there was no white walker there to turn him?

13. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Eh, didn't he die in the wild and then retrieved a few days after and brought black to castle black? Also I can't remember if this is a theory or actually in the show but I thought the Night King turned him while he was in the wild and the wight was basically used for an assassination attempt on the Lord Commander.

14. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i think the idea is that he came pre-turnt. he'd be technically past the wall if he's in castle black, so i doubt NK would be able to res him without being present *anyway*

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

my thoughts aswell.

16. Pedeguerra

I can check the book after I get home, but I suspect that was the case, yes.

17. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

can you check any references to the geological formation of the North beyond the wall, what the mountains are made off, possibly in a chapter near the fist of the first men.

with that we can find the density of the rock.

then we just need to estimate its square volume and then we know how much mass it has in Kg.

18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I heard they caught 4 GoT leakers in India so I don't know if the finale will be out early
    trailer looks okay though.

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

the script for the rest of the show's run allegedly leaked last year, haven't looked into it though

20. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I read some of those leaks for this season months before it aired and found it to be pretty dumb so I assumed it was made up bullshit and it would get increasingly ridiculous. It didn't make much sense because it was not in order and it was more like a bullet point listing of events in disarray. I thought I had spoiled myself but not all of it turned out to be right so I don't know what to make of them at this point. What I can say is that a good half of it turned out to be true by this point and the rest is so incredibly unlikely that I would really find it hard to believe any of it will happen. The most likely one that I hope doesn't turn out to be true is
    LF getting executed by Arya

Thbigchief likes this.