I cant stand 2 font maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ray Finkle, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle The King of Potatoes

It's literally just a contest of who has more patience. I don't want to sit there and play a 5 hour match sitting under my font waiting for the opponent to attack me because he got more bored than I did.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  2. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

then risk and attack him. Prepare your bg so it can force into a stalled game, so that when it happens you are ready. If you play a passive bg that needs to be attacked and react, do not get angry if you have to do it. ^_^

davre likes this.
  3. Ray Finkle

Ray Finkle The King of Potatoes

I don't care if I'm playing a passive BG or an aggressive BG. The 2 font maps take so long to play if you want to play them correctly that I wish they were just removed from the pool. It's also not fun for the people that auto-lose because they dont play 500 ranged champions.

I just won a map (2 font) against a BM because he presumably got bored and attacked me. 2 font maps are strictly terrible from a perspective of time and fun. I lost game before on a 2 font map map because it took 30 minutes before a single engage and I mispositioned after a poke attack because I got bored and tried to make something happen.

I feel that 2 font maps are simply Firking terrible.

4. Streea

Streea The King of Potatoes

"Mis-positioned after a poke attack because I got bored." - That'll make you lose for sure on those classic maps. They're some of the best and most enjoyable maps to play on.

5. Right now there's 2 turtleish maps. I think that's healthy. FW map is also the smallest map. With the risk of getting shrine rushed.

1. Without turtle maps, the meta will just be aggro vs mid range. Less viable runes. Less viable decks. Predictable games.

2. One of the main factors that split a good player from a bad player is lategame.
    The only times I lose to a low elo player, is when I get overconfident and rush him. He counters my rush.
    In a stall out, I know I've won. Because a bad player makes mistakes every few turns. The more turns in a game, the more mistakes he makes.
    It's like poker. Pros don't want to shove preflop vs a fish. They want to play multiple streets. The fish gets more opportunities to make suboptimal plays.

3. We need some meaningful rng. Weaker players need a chance to beat better players every once in a blue moon. If a weaker player loses to the better player everytime. He will get discouraged and leave the game. It's what makes poker more popular than chess.
    I remember the first time I beat Tiny. I won because of a favourable map. Because of that win, I'm still spending money and playing Poxnora to this day.

6. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

I always considered FW map to be one of the most balanced ones we had.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

2 font maps can't stand you either.

Thbigchief likes this.
  8. Excalibur95

Excalibur95 I need me some PIE!

i cant stand getting rushed. one more time and i might cry.