why SL is sooo OP ????????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IPhoenixl, Aug 23, 2017.

1. IPhoenixl

IPhoenixl I need me some PIE!

who freaking loves SL in the damn green team to the point that it keeps getting those small buffs that made it an absolute shitty faction to be against ...

take those crappy small abilities that used to be ok !! until they became op as fk with unnecessary updates :

-Sand freaking spray .... 8 damage to freaking 10 that ignores def.... and oly affects enemy units <,,,,,,,,,< really !

-Dunes Manticore <,,,,,,,,,,,,< are u joking by giving a 67 nora unit all of those abilities ... just what ??

-Sand storm spell range ..... beautiful :DDDDDDDDDDD

-Phalanx maker .... arrow eater and reg for a relic ( dont tell me but it only work if an adjacent rune is there) it is still too much.

what i am trying to say is there is too much going for SL to the point it kills me to see other factions getting nerfed knowing that there is one that have too much in it......

please let me know what u think and excuse my language ... just hate when i see my faction getting nerfed for no reason and otehr buffed for no reason too .... no one even complains about some stuff but u still find them changing, makes me wonder why do those random changes take place if the player base is not complaining of it .

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

The devs go through a cycle of super buffing factions, it has always been this way and it gets people using other factions and spending money to get factions for other runes.

Sand spray was supposed to lose the sandblasted aspect of it, I think instead they just lowered the aoe. It's still op and could use a damage reduction, as it's essentially keg toss when it was overpowered.

Manticore is good, but distracting him in any way makes him useless. I"m fine with all his abilities, but curious how he's so cheap with so many expensive abilities.

Sandstorm should be aoe 3, no reason it should cause an entire army to be sandblasted because the aoe is too large.

Phalanx marker is good, but for 30 nora all it does is throw out battle master 3, and requires a unit sitting next to it for the arrow eater. Move in and smack it with melee ?

3. IPhoenixl

sand spray should affect ur units too if they are within the aoe range ... if u think about it ... there is no other aoe blast other than it that cant damage ur runes while they stand within it and it does 10 damage and -3 attack above all of that .....

and what u said about them buffing specific runes ... it doesnt make any sense since all what they are aiming in every freaking update is balancing ... they destroyed tons of unique abilities under the false claim of making balances and yet u find these unnecessary buffs that no one is asking for ...

it is like when u find 2 different types of drinks one sells for 10 dollars and the other sells for 12 .... u keep asking for price change and once u have it, u find out that the first one is raised to 12 and the second lowered to 10 ..... that is no balance by any means

4. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

how long has sand spray not affected owned units?

it definitely used to hit everything (friendly or not) except the caster

5. IPhoenixl

exactly that what it used to do .... now it says only enemy .... it is ridiculous, i mean who asked for that change and why ?

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

For a long time:
    upload_2017-8-23_13-30-3.png

I honestly don't remember it any other way, but I was not an SL player before.

It was also related to Tidal Wave and Avalanche and such, which all ignore specific targets (SL just doesn't have a "Sand Movement" type of ability, so it is opposing, but for Avalanche, non-Arctic is functionally enemy in most matches), so it's not really out of place compared to the actual class of terrain generation AEs that it is part of.

Either way, it's been nerfed 3 times since I came back, not planning on nerfing it again for now.

7. IPhoenixl

how was it nerfed .... from 8 damage to 10 and with same text except for the sandblast time i think ... + it has -3 damage now

8. IPhoenixl

what i am trying to say is i dont recall it being nerfed at all ....... and buffing it was not a subject of necessity at that time ( wasn't bad )

and thanks for answering by the way >...>

9. Sokolov

This is what I remember changing (not all are nerfs, but listing everything I can remember for completeness):
    • CD +1
    • Sandblasted used to be Inexperienced AND -2 DMG (this was changed to just -3 DMG because Inexperienced was dumb)
    • Sandblasted used to stack, it no longer stacks
    • Sandblasted duration used to be 6 turns, now it is 4
    • Nora Cost +??? (can't remember how much it went up by)
    • AE/Range changed from 3/3 to 2/5
    • DMG increased to 10 from 8

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  10. Sokolov

As for the other items, some of them have been nerfed recently, but some of them certainly might warrant further changes. I have actually adjusted many SL runes in the last 2 patches - but I think this is a case where the faction just has a lot of things working well within the current meta (or lack thereof), rather than one or two obvious problem runes. It's also a factor of the "new" faction bonus as well, which, given the general reduction of damage output in the game has also increased in value (and to be fair, the old bonus would have also increased in value somewhat, but to a lesser extent).

My main concern with making too many changes right now in GENERAL is that I don't think the meta is stable or really reflective of what is possible due to lack of activity.

11. IPhoenixl

true, never actually considered that.. since not too many are playing, you cant detect these problems more often like it used to be ..

well, can i ask then if that is the case then nowadays buffs and nerfs are based on what ...

if the answer is : based on personal experience and the few people views ... then could u please make like voting system for nerfs suggestions or buffs .. ofc each vote must have reasonable claim behind it (not stating that ur work or the other greens wasnt good so far, it is quite the opposite really ) ... at least until the game gets a better player base , hopefully sooner than later

12. IPhoenixl

ofc u will eventually have the choice of take it or leave it :cool:

but still it would be nice to have a vote as people may add some interesting views...

13. Streea

Streea The King of Potatoes

To be fair Phoenix, the only thing SL has going for them is the Draksar scaling potential late game. Dragon decks are neat, but not difficult to deal with. Skeezick decks.. I haven't seen one in years, though I'm sure they still exist. Sand decks/Myx decks are in a similar boat where they aren't often seen, and when they are they do tend to cause a surprise. With all the nerfs to SL as a whole, the only thing that really hurt them in the end was their faction buff nerf. Which, I can live with. Draksar decks in their own right are far more stronger in terms of meta than anything else has.. Sand blast/sand decks are probably deck in the SL ladder of strong decks. Both have down sides, and both can be defeated though.

14. IPhoenixl

meta SL is most played nowadays and it is annoying since it is mostly one champ buff with sand storm behind until u cant do anything to the main... i do think i was over reacting about what i said up cuz i did focus on something and forgot about the bigger picture ...

if u find SL situation now bad , have a look at SP or UD .... both have like 1 or 2 bg choices to go with , the others had either been nerfed or their main tactic been nerfed.

so i was comparing factions that were already in deep Bane Shift, but which had it worse, which in my view is not SL absolutely .

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Literally as long as i cam remember