How much you reckon Pox is worth ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axeraiser, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Let's say someone with a lot of cheddar wanted to buy and save Pox , i.e. have a large fully dedicated dev team focused on fixing the game. How much do you reckon it would take to prise Pox away from DOG in its current state ?

fogandsteel and xaznsoulx like this.
  2. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

A half eaten mars bar

BurnPyro and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Personally, I don't see Sok leaving Pox for any amount of money. He's just too passionate about the game, so this hypothetical individual would have to at least keep him on the team. I dunno about DOG itself though. It depends on how much they've invested in it already.

4. xaznsoulx

xaznsoulx Supreme Dream Team 夢想 隊

Was going to ask the exact same question but didn't wanna sound like an *******.

MaruXV likes this.
  5. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

kickstarter to get pox everybody together? ;)

6. xaznsoulx

You're being generous.

7. kazekage

kazekage The King of Potatoes

Seriously, do we need to start a " go fund me" account for pox?

8. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Selling pox right now would probably require buying their contract liability out.

fogandsteel likes this.
  9. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Buy a midterm pack and gain Poxnora ownership for free for a limited time only!

10. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Didn't they already do that ? Where they were offering full PoxNora sets in return for cash ? Oh no wait that was some motherFirking space wars kickstarter that they were willing to ***** poxnora out to fund. Honestly it was at that point that I knew PoxNora had turned into nothing more than a backseat project for DOG.

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

It's tough as an investment

Questions:
    Does pox come with debt ( liabilities)? (seeing long months of inactivity)
    What's the revenue?
    what's the costs? ( Split to category of Employ payrolls and core server costs to keep game running if no one works on it.)
    Does pox have any Assets? (Do computer games have assets? I don't know...not an IT guy)
    How much would it cost to let go of the Sony Contract? ( Seeing as no point buying the game if you can't get rid of them holding you back)
    What kind of taxes does Pox pay? (So basicly what state is it based)

Now you move to Equity side of the equation, things like good-will (brand name) etc.
    Unfortunately Pox brand name is garbage, constant failed releases, you'd actually want to change the name completely. Better off releasing under a new, none baggage carrying brand.
    (So Either you pay 0 in the equity since Pox has no shares or good-will, possibly even a discount for the bad brand accumulated over-time.)

I'd completely throw away projected profit analysis for pox, because with the endless bugs and crap, your analysis will be wrong anyway.
    So ye, very risky buy, but would be interesting to see the numbers.

Edit: Additionally, rehauls to change game direction, cost extra money usually over what you'd pay for the business. So something to take in to account.

Morfeas and xaznsoulx like this.
  12. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- So basically... "can I haz ur game?" scenario

13. DiCEM0nEY

These questions mostly wouldn't matter to a potential investor. Pox itself is an asset to DOG. Dog would be closing liabilities in exchange for payment. Total revenue projections are honest to god irrelevant, no1 would move forward with a financial model with these expected returns. How many people do you think honestly bought the ps4 bundles for example.

14. xaznsoulx

My question is: Why don't we ever hear from the higher ups CEO/Owners. No offense @Senshu and @Sokolov but I feel like you guys are the stereotypical Indian guys from xbox live support.

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  15. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

A lot of art.

Etherielin, SPiEkY and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  16. Isendel

Isendel The King of Potatoes

How many engineers/programmers here? Why we don't just "rewrite" a game similar to pox?
    Or why don't we rewrite Poxnora?

17. DiCEM0nEY

I wonder how much it would cost to replace all the art in the game, including sprites.

The actual art work is probably miniscule but the sprites would be expensive I imagine.

18. DiCEM0nEY

Longsword

19. Isendel

Isendel The King of Potatoes

I don't get it...

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

All of the art in Pox is commissioned costing several hundred dollars apiece which is why they have been doing the multi-rune art recently. The pieces are more expensive ($500ish) but you get 2-3 runes from each bringing down the overall cost. I'm sure the value is lower for the completed work but I wouldn't imagine by much.

Loyaute, Etherielin and fogandsteel like this.